Transmogrification...

90 Orc Hunter
I recently put in a ticket to restore my old Sunfury Bow of the Phoenix so I could transmog my current bow into it.

I was denied due to too much time going by since I had it, the system purged any records of me owning the bow.

That part I understand... to an extent.

Why wait so long to bring transmogrification into the game? I had no idea that a bow I used in Burning Crusade would once again be "useable" two full expansions later. If I had some way of seeing into the future, I would have never vendored it.

And because of that, Blizzard has told me (for lack of better words) "thats tough, go farm it".

Very upsetting considering the developer's short sighted views of this game. It seems its our fault that they didnt consider bringing transmogrification into the game sooner.

Oh well, I fully intend to get the same response Ghostcrawler and his cronies always give. "Its working as intended." Just thought I'd rant a bit.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
If you have a constructive suggestion, then you would need to post it in the forum where those with the power to make game changes can view it. That would be the General Discussion Forum for this particular issue.
Reply Quote
92 Human Death Knight
02/26/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Admos
Why wait so long to bring transmogrification into the game?

1) It is an extremely complicated system, and probably took a lot of dev time.

2) It is more of a "nice to have" feature, but was probably never a priority, thus it was developed as they could afford the resources to commit to it.

If you want to give a suggestions or feedback on changes to the transmog system, you will want to post in the General Discussion forum. However, you may want to keep the snide commentary out as that will only serve to get your post moderated/deleted.
Edited by Maul on 2/26/2012 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
10 Troll Shaman

Why wait so long to bring transmogrification into the game?

Hello Admos.

Are you saying the Blizzard has had this idea forever and just recently implemented it? Because that is not the case. New ideas come up all the time, many times from the player base. It is impossible to travel back in time and implement a process even before the concept existed.

Unfortunately, no one knew about Transmog back then. It's a concept new to this expansion. There would have been no way to let anyone know years ago about something recent.

Are you going to get mad later when they introduce something new in a few years because they didn't implement it now? Even if that concept doesn't exist yet? See, that doesn't make much sense.

Good luck
Edited by Aik on 2/26/2012 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Admos,
02/26/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Admos
Why wait so long to bring transmogrification into the game? I had no idea that a bow I used in Burning Crusade would once again be "useable" two full expansions later. If I had some way of seeing into the future, I would have never vendored it.
Not sure, we do not implement these types of changes into the game. It is best to post constructive feedback regarding this issue on the general forums, where our developers can read it, as they do not read this forum.

If a game master explained that the best option for you is to go and farm it, it's because there's no other option, but to try and get it to drop again.
Reply Quote

And the developers had no idea at inception that players would want this feature.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]