Website unable to make request from Battlenet

70 Human Warrior
I'm creating this topic as recommended by the customer service representative for my ticket (US24549300).

Problem: Machine is unable to access any battle.net website ["connection refused"] and (specifically) the armory.

Background:

Since the official armory no longer supports a ladder for level 70 characters, players in the TBC community have taken it upon themselves to create a "fansite" (twinkranking.com) with our own unofficial ladder to track arena teams and rated battleground achievements. The website relies on information gathered from the armory, so without being able to connect to the battle.net website it is broken.

I believe a previous coder may have been submitting a large amount of armory queries with too great a frequency and the domain was blocked - the site hasn't been able to update in up to 2 months. It isn't the intention to flood the website with requests, but rather just keep things up to date; I was hoping to get the server unblocked and learn what frequency of requests is acceptable to prevent it from happening again.

I can try to include any additional information (IP address, etc) as needed, but would prefer not to have to post it in a public forum.

Thanks.

Original THread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079874621
Edited by Virtuà on 2/27/2012 7:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Have you emailed api-support@blizzard.com yet?
Reply Quote
70 Human Warrior
02/27/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Straton
Have you emailed api-support@blizzard.com yet?

Nope! What should I note!
Reply Quote
49 Blood Elf Priest
I think for that many requests, you can submit your app (website) and get over the 5000 allowed per day.

If you don't get approval I believe the limit is 5k on a daily basis.

I've run into that a few times when doing some queries for the 29, 39 and 49 brackets.

It looks like you are only querying player submitted teams, so that shouldn't be to bad.
Reply Quote
70 Human Warrior
I think for that many requests, you can submit your app (website) and get over the 5000 allowed per day.

I've run into that a few times when doing some queries for the 29, 39 and 49 brackets.

It looks like you are only querying player submitted teams, so that shouldn't be to bad.

We haven't figured out how to pull every 70 arena team without people submitting them :(
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
02/27/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Virtuà
Nope! What should I note!

If you haven't read it yet, I recommend you read the "Throttling" and "Authentication" sections of:

http://blizzard.github.com/api-wow-docs/

If you can get your application registered, you can change your code to submit signed authenticated requests and can have a higher request limit.
Reply Quote
49 Blood Elf Priest

We haven't figured out how to pull every 70 arena team without people submitting them :(

Me and my buddy created a website that we are calling qlist.

For the mid brackets where getting the proper numbers on both sides can be an issue.

It's a way to show you are in a battleground queue outside the game, but requires user interaction. For example might show you that you have 7 horde and 13 alliance in the queue. Then players can switch to horde to help even up the player counts and actually get games.

It's not something that's needed at 19, 70, or end game brackets due to the massive number of players and pretty much non stop pops.

Well when people use our tool we keep track of player name, guild, realm, and level. We have used that as our data source. Specifically to query all guilds in that datasource for players of a certain level, gear score, and honorable kill count to get probable twinks.

No idea how you would get similar data for 70's, especially since you primarily just focus on Arena teams.

Having player submitted teams is probably the best route, which is what you are currently doing I think.
Reply Quote
70 Goblin Warrior
Bump
Reply Quote
70 Goblin Warrior
Still haven't found a resolution to this and Blizzard has yet to comment : /.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]