Open Libram XIX: Judgement Roulette.

90 Tauren Paladin
02/27/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Pragmatic
edit: overtuned guards really ruin world pvp. why did they implement them again?

Because killing Auctioneers/Vendors/Questgivers and ganking afk/lowbie players in cities is, dare I say it, NOT considered world pvp.

Not to mentioned that world pvp has been ruined since the game first launched.

Seriously, why do people constantly make this complaint? Nothing Blizzard has done actually ruined WPvP, you guys did that yourselves.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I remember there being lots to do at the end of WotLK. There were always people to camp in front of ICC on tuesdays and there were always people running around Wintergrasp. Dalaran was always so lively, even towards the end.

A lot of things have deadened the game. Overtuned guards and azeroth flying are a big part of the problem.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
City guards aren't really the overtuned ones, they're just pretty basic level 85's.

The ones that perma-stun or one shot are the stupid ones, that are around the zeppelins and boats. Blizzard brought them in with Quel'dannas and were blatantly to stop world pvp.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Soledo
edit: overtuned guards really ruin world pvp. why did they implement them again?

Because killing Auctioneers/Vendors/Questgivers and ganking afk/lowbie players in cities is, dare I say it, NOT considered world pvp.

Seriously, why do people constantly make this complaint? Nothing Blizzard has done actually ruined WPvP, you guys did that yourselves.

Having elite guards in cities is fine. What isn't fine is elite guards in the world. How do you think a lot of world PVP started? It started with people killing NPCs and alts, then people would bring out their mains to defend.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Cayse
The ones that perma-stun or one shot are the stupid ones, that are around the zeppelins and boats. Blizzard brought them in with Quel'dannas and were blatantly to stop world pvp.

Yeah I never understood that. If you roll on a PVP server, you do it because you want to PVP. Why are there guards designed to stop world PVP? Why do those guards exist on PVE servers?
Edited by Lobster on 2/27/2012 5:35 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A lot of the motivation for them came from the PvE-PTR. People would grief constantly out at QD. When it went live with the uberguards, it was just worse. Alliance on Dalaran would walk around flagged and stand on NPCs just so that guards would kill people. You couldn't quest there a lot of the time because of the way guards could be abused. In Molten Front, I almost never saw any flagged Alliance because there were no guards to abuse.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Soledo

no. but killing people in TB is considered world pvp. sadly if they are with in a mile of the guards? you just die. its not fun.

and actually. while i did find afking for 10 minutes to come back and find myself dead slightly annoying it wasn't that big of a deal. when a bunch of high levels decided to kill every quest giver in tarren mill and i was on a lowbie alt what did i do? i went and got my max level character and killed them. it was tons of fun.

i had a bit of fun ( out of general bordom mostly) pretend afking on the quest givers at the sanctuary of malorne in hopes of getting people killed due to misclicks. its stupid, but thats how boring the world is right now.

what killed world pvp is the queue system, lack of sustainable hubs and overtuned guards.

i'm kind of looking forward to no flying in MoP zones until max level. will it be annoying on subsequent alts? yes. but i think in the long run it would be better for world pvp.
Edited by Pragmatic on 2/27/2012 5:59 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
Apparently I can't post on the forums in Firefox today...... Thought I was banned for a minute but just kept getting internal server errors.

I'm using IE, I feel so dirty.

So what in the hell happened to the last Libram? And the one before it! Nearly every class forum has some form of these threads now and with the crap that gets by in General........really?

And now after this has been going for months? I love it, the mods can stop by and delete our social thread but you can't get them to sticky the freaking new Ret guide to save your life.

So much anger.

At any rate on the topic of people getting bored with WoW I may have to stop raiding and cut back on my playtime due to real life things myself.

I will miss raiding at least.

02/27/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Namescore
Yes, old thread go bewm just as we're discussing how much we love Dornaa. ♥

Gah! Now I feel like I missed things.

I <3 Dornaa.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/27/2012 6:17 PM PST
90 Tauren Paladin
02/27/2012 05:33 PMPosted by Lobster

Having elite guards in cities is fine. What isn't fine is elite guards in the world. How do you think a lot of world PVP started? It started with people killing NPCs and alts, then people would bring out their mains to defend.

Oh, you mean some random nobodies who spent minutes to hours killing/ganking at some dumpy zone so few people likely went to in the first place? The same nobodies that often hearthed the first couple times you kill them, leaving you standing there after spending so much time moving your 'main' there (Because that was what most people did the majority of the time, even in Vanilla)?

Thrilling.

World PvP is really overrated, the best instances of it often didn't even occur in the cases you described. And it was usually a faction/server planned event ahead of time even.
90 Draenei Paladin
Testing.....

Editz: Yay Firefox is working again!

*washes off evil IE taint*
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/27/2012 6:27 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh, you mean some random nobodies who spent minutes to hours killing/ganking at some dumpy zone so few people likely went to in the first place? The same nobodies that often hearthed the first couple times you kill them, leaving you standing there after spending so much time moving your 'main' there (Because that was what most people did the majority of the time, even in Vanilla)?

Thrilling.

World PvP is really overrated, the best instances of it often didn't even occur in the cases you described. And it was usually a faction/server planned event ahead of time even.

Yeah lol. For some people that was fun. You didn't need high level characters to do it either. When I was done questing I would camp the hub and kill wandering alliance until they all ganged up on me or until someone brought their main (at which point I would bring my main).

If you were lucky they would bring friends, then you had an excuse to bring your own friends for a battle royale. Those kind of squabbles were a lot of fun. So many fond memories lol.

But if you were outnumbered and couldn't tip the fight in your favor somehow (remember there was no flying back then and mount summon was 3sec -IF- you had a mount at all), then yeah, hearth or be camped mercilessly lol.

I don't know what server you started on but I ran into world PVP fairly often on my first server and this one. Made a lot of friends by saving people or by being saved lol.

I miss the days when if you were a prolific PVPer you would have mortal enemies. They were the people you always hunted down because you knew they were hunting you. Guilds would put a hit out on you, the realm forums were full of rage... Nowadays, nobody knows anyone. The world is so dead.
Edited by Lobster on 2/27/2012 6:35 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Lobster
I miss the days when if you were a prolific PVPer you would have mortal enemies. They were the people you always hunted down because you knew they were hunting you. Guilds would put a hit out on you, the realm forums were full of rage... Nowadays, nobody knows anyone. The world is so dead.

During LK I had to stop naming my alts Caysesomething, or I couldn't bring them anywhere near Wintergrasp. Most of the people who lurked around WG are gone these days, but there's still a few who will drop anything they're doing to chase someone in my guild. And this is a PvE server.
90 Tauren Paladin

Thrilling.

Yeah lol. For some people that was fun. You didn't need high level characters to do it either. When I was done questing I would camp the hub and kill wandering alliance until they all ganged up on me or until someone brought their main (at which point I would bring my main).

If you were lucky they would bring friends, then you had an excuse to bring your own friends for a battle royale. Those kind of squabbles were a lot of fun. So many fond memories lol.

But if you were outnumbered and couldn't tip the fight in your favor somehow (remember there was no flying back then and mount summon was 3sec -IF- you had a mount at all), then yeah, hearth or be camped mercilessly lol.

I don't know what server you started on but I ran into world PVP fairly often on my first server and this one. Made a lot of friends by saving people or by being saved lol.

Surprisingly enough, my first PvP server was Tich of all places, and later transferred to BDF (yea, its a PvP server, but alliance is so rare and so terrible, it may as well be PvE Horde). Sure I had a small number of deaths in Ganklethorn Vale and Ganksbrad, but that was because I was totally new to the game and didn't know about things like "pvp hotspots", I definitely avoided them a month later though. Other than that, most of the major spats I witnessed happened at or near the capitals themselves (and of course Xroads and TM/SS). Other than that, it wasn't really that hectic.
85 Human Paladin
02/27/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Paladinwtf
I miss crashing the servers in Vanilla

by kiting Emeriss to Iron Forge from Hinterlands, then activating his 75% ability and getting a supreme warning from a GM.

Most fun, EVER.
Testing.....

Editz: Yay Firefox is working again!

*washes off evil IE taint*

Firefox keeps messing up for me too. But my issues have been going on for months. Im about ready to abandon it for IE evil or not.

I can at least do an image search on yahoo without IE crashing every single time.
90 Draenei Shaman
02/27/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
So what in the hell happened to the last Libram?

It wasn't the Libram that got got, it was the OP of this and the last Libram. :(
90 Human Paladin
use chrome, then you won't have to worry about firefox's instability and ie's ickiness. :D
90 Human Paladin
The "Love is in the air" holiday was great for world pvp, always ganking going on.
90 Draenei Shaman
02/27/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Martana
use chrome, then you won't have to worry about firefox's instability and ie's ickiness. :D

But then I'd have to use awful Chrome.

Firefox is perfectly stable for me. IE is IE.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]