Cut arena duration

85 Troll Druid
Blizz, if a BG maxes out at 25 min (approximately) then why on Earth is arena about 45??? Fighting another DPS/Heals 2v2 and it was a stalemate for 40 min, we all just eventually stood and danced to wait for the timeout.

25 min is MORE than enough time for arena, there is absolutely no point in nearly hour long matches that result in no points for anyone.

Seriously, what were you thinking when you thought 45 min was "about right"?????
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
nah its fine
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
02/27/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Bleede
nah its fine

Okay, waiting for explaination on why a 45 min stalemate is fine...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Just wondering what happens if it's a double healer would it last even longer?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Had plenty of 45min stalemates where the game could have went either way. Couple games where someone choked before the end. Best part of the stalement you dont get a loss for it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
further more,2 healer specs should not be able to q together,i was in a 2v2 with a resto druid and a holy pally,neither would hit me or my partner.it lasted 20 minutes before i finally popped all my cd's to see if i could down one and then gave up,i consider this borderline trolling
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
...i consider this borderline trolling

Nope, I posted because I want Blizz to read it.

And we can all dream that one day Blizz will get arena right <sigh>
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Don't play 2s as healer/DPS if you can't handle the ties.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Do more damage
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
02/27/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Bleede
Had plenty of 45min stalemates where the game could have went either way. Couple games where someone choked before the end. Best part of the stalement you dont get a loss for it.

It doesn't show as a loss but you lose mmr and points >___>
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Blizz, if a BG maxes out at 25 min (approximately) then why on Earth is arena about 45??? Fighting another DPS/Heals 2v2 and it was a stalemate for 40 min, we all just eventually stood and danced to wait for the timeout.

25 min is MORE than enough time for arena, there is absolutely no point in nearly hour long matches that result in no points for anyone.

Seriously, what were you thinking when you thought 45 min was "about right"?????

Couldn't agree more. I love chocolate cake but I dont want to eat chocolate cake for 45 min.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
02/27/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Elgunaz
Don't play 2s as healer/DPS if you can't handle the ties.

I never said I couldn't handle the ties, just that 45 min ties are stupid.

Geeze, always one.....
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Lower the 2's max time limit, they're not worth anything, no reason to last 45 minutes.

3's and 5's can stay the same.

EDIT: 25 minutes for 2's should suffice.
Edited by Scirøn on 2/27/2012 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
If you can't eventually get a kill then there is a problem, with your teams/team coordination, and thnkof it as extra practice. Use your quick switches, coordinate your cc with your partner, and you should be able to end things by 45 minutes. Ide say I have a decent amount of experience with arenas and I haven't had one last longer than 25 without scoring a kill.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
02/27/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Xmanawesome
If you can't eventually get a kill then there is a problem, with your teams/team coordination, and thnkof it as extra practice. Use your quick switches, coordinate your cc with your partner, and you should be able to end things by 45 minutes. Ide say I have a decent amount of experience with arenas and I haven't had one last longer than 25 without scoring a kill.

Actually, you have it bang on, that's what my partner and I did. The team was evenly balanced, so eventually we talked about quitting or going for more practice, so we stuck it out. But when teams are even in DPS and heals, I just don't see the point in 45 min matches. Eventually one team may win, but only if the heals gets sloppy.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
The only matches I can think of that last 45min are 2s matches.

No one cares about 2s.

Some people actually do enjoy playing 2's (this is a game, and it's supposed to be what you like to do for fun), and I'm not asking for a nerf bat to anything other than the timer
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]