Simcraft question

90 Worgen Warlock
I installed simcraft for the first time today. I looked through the wiki and understand how to input conditions and actions for the application but I am having trouble with something.

I know there's such thing as comparing trinkets to see which is most optimal for a spec but can the same be said for all other equipment, more notably weapons? Mostly I want to compare the two caster dps weaopns from madness LFR to see which is better.

I understand I need an include but I don't know the available ones. Also when I tried to do a simulation with only a weapon and nothing else inputed other than an include that came with importing my profile, it said there was an error about defining the "main_hand" to go with the weapon.

Edit: I put this in this forum as I want to see which one is best suited for my spec.
Edited by Apold on 2/27/2012 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The easiest way to test the difference between gear is to import yourself on Chardev.org, then swap the out the piece of gear you want to test. Make sure to gem/reforge/enchant it properly. From there, you can just import it straight into simcraft and find the dps difference.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I just peered into the website and there was a thread saying the website is now discontinued...any other places to do it?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I literally used it 3 hours ago. Hit Planner on the top then click Import.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Use chardev or rawr (ONLY for the character setup not for its theorycraft input) then import from them the various gear, forging, etc permutations.

Be sure to edit the buffs second on simcraft to accurately reflect your raid comp. Also of note is the "ultraxxion" setting vs the default patchwerk setting. I know it models based on incoming raid damage (but assumes stationary positioning aka no movement). If you are trying to min/max for ultraxx then that setting may be relevant.

Also remember to set fight length for certain fights that have 6 min enrage timers.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/27/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Apold
I just peered into the website and there was a thread saying the website is now discontinued...any other places to do it?

It just means that LeMartin has discontinued development on it. Its still up and running and is up to date with gear.

Hopefully someone else picks up development. Its an invaluable tool for Simcraft.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]