MoP Prot Paladin

90 Human Paladin
Is it just me, or does it appear that Prot paladins are shaping up to hit like a wet noodle in MoP? Not that they exactly deal incredible damage now, but its at least semi-respectable for a Prot spec.

Here is what I am seeing (And not seeing)...

Crusader Strike
A core prot ability currently used on CD. That CD is being raised from 3 Seconds, to 4.5 seconds. Furthermore, I see no "Wrath of the Lightbringer" or similar ability in the MoP lineup, meaning not only will Crusader Strikes CD be getting a +50% increase, it will be doing roughly HALF as much damage. To make matters even worse, talents like "Crusade" (+30% CS Damage) and "Rule of Law" (+15% CS Crit) will no longer exist.

Judgement
Judgements already are somewhat weak, even with "Wrath of the Lightbringer" which DOUBLES judgement damage. As stated, I see no "WotLB" in MoP.

Hammer of the Righteous
Retooled to include the Debuff that reduces a targets damage by 10%, rather then it being a talent that grants that ability to CS and HotR. This means HotR will need to be mixed into the rotation, even vs single targets, thus reducing DPS by denying the chance to use CS.

Shield of the Righteous
I see no trace of Sacred Duty, meaning, our 3 HP shield bash will be hitting for (Cata Numbers) 10k.

Hammer of Wrath
This is just straight up being stripped from Prots toolkit. Major ouch.

Exorcism
No prot paladins use this ability currently. Its mana intensive, has a cast time, and does laughable damage. The MoP version, however, is very usable looking. Instant Cast, no listed mana cost (yet?), a 20 second CD, with possible meh damage being the balancing factor. Of course, prot will be losing exorcism too.

I am aware that MoP info is not complete. And that not everything is even finished being tuned, tested, retuned, etc. That is exactly why I am posting this sooner, rather then later, so that there is a chance to make changes now, long before the expansion hits.
Edited by Dandaman on 2/28/2012 10:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/28/2012 10:11 PMPosted by Dandaman
I am aware that MoP info is not complete. And that not everything is even finished being tuned, tested, retuned, etc. That is exactly why I am posting this sooner, rather then later, so that there is a chance to make changes now, long before the expansion hits.

Just gonna say that tuning numbers tends to be one of the LAST things they do. But for the last two expansions we HAVE tended to be low on the dps scale.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tweaking numbers is one thing. But missing a whole mess of tools is not something you wait to fix till the last minute.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Like you said, its still to early to tell

even the other classes are missing info about what is to replace certain talents, if at all.

I am also curious if there will be a number crunch and if so maybe there is more to this.

Will just have to wait to find out.

Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Lets just hope that everything will be OK for the launch.

Betas are for them to see whats going wrong them fix it for launch.

So lets hope we have a chance to see it on a beta soon =).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You don't need talents buff those strikes when you can just do it baseline.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
tanks specs are supposed to do lower damage

anyway, all the passive damage increasing bonuses you are used to in the current talent system are being completely revised. Most abilities will have their effectiveness increased baseline to account for the removal of passive increase talents.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
03/02/2012 07:02 AMPosted by Alnair
tanks specs are supposed to do lower damage

the purpose of the talent is to make up for the fact that Crusader Strike was not created with 1h weapon consideration. If my Crusader Strikes did half the damage they do now, it would be a wet noodle. I'm sure they can build this into the ability, but I'd like to see proof that they're not forgetting about it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
How about removing the concept of block capping by two methods:

Block has diminishing returns (like dodge and parry)

Block is a separate roll, so no more CTC capping possible.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I'm rather annoyed to log in today and find my Righteous Defense missing! One of my regularly used go-to spells to get mobs under control who run off after squishies and are out of aoe range.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]