Disc, What class gives you the most trouble?

85 Undead Priest
Oz
As for me, hands down, its Dk. He can shut me down pretty fast. Rogues are a pain, but i mained a rogue for a while so i can handle them just a little better.

As for the other Disc Priests out there, what class really gives you the most trouble?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I really hate running into a warrior all by myself.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Oz
I have not had a problem with warriors, myself. I just stay about 7-9 feet away from them, so they can't charge.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Sub Rogues with PvE trinkets and legendary daggers (any tier) pretty much. I can tank them for about 5-7 minutes, but being that their offensive cd is much shorter than my defensive cds, I need peels eventually.

Since I'm Holy, DKs no longer give me any trouble.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Oz
Well, atleast i'm not the only one who has probs with dks as disc. Might look into changing to holy aswell.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
02/29/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Torì
Well, atleast i'm not the only one who has probs with dks as disc. Might look into changing to holy aswell.

I'd recommend getting every slot replaced (if needed) for this season's gear (390 ruthless, cata) before trying out holy.

150k hp, 4200-4300 resil, and 9k+ SP buffed would be fine to switch on over to Holy, but not before then.
Edited by Rilaks on 2/29/2012 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
For me frost dk because of their burst dps and uh dk for its slow but steady shutdown of your heals. Warr can be annoying too. I as long as I have over 20% crit rating in addition to HW:Serenity I can pretty much have have a renew that crits for 8k and a PoM for 25-30k ever 10 sec. Blessed Resil helps with addition self healing. I tend to dispel all of my enemies buff so that they wont hit me for that hard.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Oz
I've also found crit rating seems to be helping. And i also dispell their buffs/cure disease myself.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
As Holy you don't need to stack crit rating, and if you're Disc you should stack mastery once you feel comfortable with your mana regen.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
At the top end of skill, very good rogues.

Medium level of skill, unholy Dks.

I'm actually surprised at how many of you are holy.
Edited by Cybele on 3/1/2012 2:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
03/01/2012 02:05 AMPosted by Cybele
I'm actually surprised at how many of you are holy.

^_^ It's definitely a viable spec.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I know that crit stacking is not important to holy spec in pvp because of rng, but from my experience, while HW: Serenity is up, my renew crits often doubling its regular hot and my PoM always crit. I hardly have to cast heals on my self other then only having to heal others. I rbg, I have 25% crit rating plus the 25% crit from HW: Serenity=%50% chance. As far as peeling enemies, i just tend to dispel all their buffs and off me too. Fear and hopefully they trinket out of it only to be chastised, bubble and then run or activate nitro boots or mc them off me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I like to have high crit rating so my heals would crit alot since their are alot of heal reducing debuffs out such as mortal strike and necrotic strike that steals heals. Since we dont have the ability to reduce inc damage like disc, instead we are given blessed resil, test of faith, and GS, I find it valuable to increased my heals through crits.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
The only class that gives me any trouble in PvP is other priests. I don't know why people have so much trouble with Death Knights, unless you're trying to run around and get away from them.

As far as PvE is concerned though, I find that Arcane mages and rogues who are not Combat spec tend to die the most, and give me the most trouble when trying to heal them. After them, it's Enhancement and Pikachu spec shamans.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
The only class that gives me any trouble in PvP is other priests. I don't know why people have so much trouble with Death Knights, unless you're trying to run around and get away from them.

As far as PvE is concerned though, I find that Arcane mages and rogues who are not Combat spec tend to die the most, and give me the most trouble when trying to heal them. After them, it's Enhancement and Pikachu spec shamans.

Are you the Angel who used to talk to us in the @day thread???

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I know that crit stacking is not important to holy spec in pvp because of rng, but from my experience, while HW: Serenity is up, my renew crits often doubling its regular hot and my PoM always crit.

Well, that was my point; with all the crit you gain from the spec, it's rather unnecessary to stack crit. I have 10% passive crit mostly from Intellect, 10% from Chakra state, and 25% from casting Serenity, which is 45% total (50% w/ SubRogue/FurWar/Etc.). Since my crit is so high without me stacking the stat itself, aiming for more Spirit I've found yields the best results because it allows me to be more offensive with my dispels, and I can hard cast Flash/Greater Heals more without worrying too much about my mana consumption.
Edited by Rilaks on 3/3/2012 8:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Unholy dks seem to be able to catch every heal between mind freeze, death grip and their pet stun. I end up having to fake-cast or bait them with manaburn on their healer to get any heals off at all.

Sub rogues only if they're paired with a good healer, but only because I have to go full defensive for rogues but need to be offensive against another healer.

And hunters. Omg I hate hunters on every pvp character of mine.
Edited by Kurremerruk on 3/3/2012 10:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Definitely dks. I can tank through just about anything, but those guys are a pain.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

Are you the Angel who used to talk to us in the @day thread???

I am!
Are you the Vixie that used to get all hot and bothered by my man-on-man inuendo?

:D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]