One hunter in top 200 rbg players

85 Orc Shaman
Don't know where you get your facts... but from guildox, there are 2 Hunters in the top 100 rbg.

And one Enhance, which is higher than the two hunters. Enhance are more powerful than Hunters? Don't think so TBH.

Also, there is "only" 7 Sub rogues in the top 100. That's only, yes, 7%. Yet there are 5 Frost Dks, 4 Unholy Dks. Death knights better than Hunters? Not sure, really.

In my opinion, you can hardly call a class "bad" because of their rating/ranking, same thing applies for "OP" classes, can't really tell it by their ratings, for rbgs at least. Based on those rankings, rogues are just like everyone else.

I think Rogues are really OP this patch, and yes, I think Hunters deserve a little less "clunkyness". But hey, there is more than 1 hunter in the top 100, and no, rogues are not dominating the rankings.
Edited by Stand on 3/2/2012 4:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/?page=1

Congrats to Kurum, checking in at #78! What happened to the old "but hunters are good at bgs!" conventional wisdom?

edit: I originally said "top 150" but if you look at the numbers, it's actually closer to "top 200" players since there are "ties" for numerous rankings- such as three players at #23 and #33.

how about we address a real issue. like the fact there is only 12 horde players in the top 100?

nerf human racial?
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
03/02/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Stand
Don't know where you get your facts.

Uh, did you try clicking on the link provided in the OP? If you did, then you would see it's from Blizzard's own statistics. Here it is for you again:

Reply Quote
Highest rated orc: 57
Belf: 66
Tauren: 84
UD: 89
troll: 107
goblin: 165

Could be coincidence, could be racials, dont know. Just saying its interesting.

Yeah , racials. You should look at the number of humans on that same list. Prolly is a bunch of em. Haven't played horde in a while but iirc zerk and rage were almost strickly pve. Not much to be gained with that in pvp.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Don't know where you get your facts... but from guildox, there are 2 Hunters in the top 100 rbg.

And one Enhance, which is higher than the two hunters. Enhance are more powerful than Hunters? Don't think so TBH.

Also, there is "only" 7 Sub rogues in the top 100. That's only, yes, 7%. Yet there are 5 Frost Dks, 4 Unholy Dks. Death knights better than Hunters? Not sure, really.

In my opinion, you can hardly call a class "bad" because of their rating/ranking, same thing applies for "OP" classes, can't really tell it by their ratings, for rbgs at least. Based on those rankings, rogues are just like everyone else.

I think Rogues are really OP this patch, and yes, I think Hunters deserve a little less "clunkyness". But hey, there is more than 1 hunter in the top 100, and no, rogues are not dominating the rankings.

17 shamans in the top 100 that I just counted. Spec does not equal class, etc.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock

Congrats to Kurum, checking in at #78! What happened to the old "but hunters are good at bgs!" conventional wisdom?

edit: I originally said "top 150" but if you look at the numbers, it's actually closer to "top 200" players since there are "ties" for numerous rankings- such as three players at #23 and #33.

how about we address a real issue. like the fact there is only 12 horde players in the top 100?

nerf human racial?

EMFH is not nearly as powerful in RBGs as it is in arena. EMFH isn't what needs to be changed. Other racials need to be changed. The % combat rating racials need to be increase your crit/hit/haste rating by X%(strictly from gear) not increase the actual % by a single percent. Blood Fury needs to be a percent of your spell/attack power. Berserking needs to be a percent of your haste(don't let it stack with herolust warp or other abilities though). The resistance racials need to stack with buffs. Etc.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Maybe the more important data is there are no horde players until almost rank 60 and like 80% of these players are humans.

Fix the racial.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Maybe the more important data is there are no horde players until almost rank 60 and like 80% of these players are humans.

Fix the racial.

Because that matters a lot more than an entire class being terrible right? Stop blaming being bad at PvP on a racial, seriously... Who cares if it's the strongest, someone has to have the strongest PvP racial and the horde have like the next 5 or 6 best PvP racials after EMFH. Not to mention the top 4 PvE racials as well. I see no balance issue.

Unless you are in the top 200 ranked rbg players then you really have no reason to complain, skill still matters, especially at the relatively lower ranks. Don't blame blizz for giving humans the best alliance PvP racial by a landslide, it was mostly for convincing the mass load of horde PvPers to go to alliance since they actually had a good PvP racial instead of horde just dominating on that front. I would like my racial to do something more useful like EMFH or *insert horde racial here* as well.
Edited by Spinnerdh on 3/6/2012 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

Fix the racial.

Because that matters a lot more than an entire class being terrible right? Stop blaming being bad at PvP on a racial, seriously... Who cares if it's the strongest, someone has to have the strongest PvP racial and the horde have like the next 5 or 6 best PvP racials after EMFH. Not to mention the top 4 PvE racials as well. I see no balance issue.

Unless you are in the top 200 ranked rbg players then you really have no reason to complain, skill still matters, especially at the relatively lower ranks. Don't blame blizz for giving humans the best alliance PvP racial by a landslide, it was mostly for convincing the mass load of horde PvPers to go to alliance since they actually had a good PvP racial instead of horde just dominating on that front. I would like my racial to do something more useful like EMFH or *insert horde racial here* as well.

Umm Nelf racial is better than any horde racial as well.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

Umm Nelf racial is better than any horde racial as well.

lol what? A target drop is better than a haste cooldown, spellpower/attack power cooldown, forward disengage, AoE silence, AoE stun and WotF? Is gift of the naruu also better than any horde racial?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
2% miss.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
So you pulled from the top 10 teams? thats a terribly small sample size...not saying hunters dont have their issues or that they are gods of PvP, but thats a ridiculously small sample size considering it takes 20 people to get a single game going

shhhh, if they keep snowballing we might get buffed, leave them to their assumptions and their misconceptions

Not like we have been consistently the lowest represented class in rated PvP anything for multiple xpacs or anything like that.

And nobody respond with the usual "But warriors are below you by a half percent in the 3s category for above 2000 rating for this tier and this tier alone!"
Edited by Spinnerdh on 3/6/2012 12:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
I like how the top 50 consists of 49 alliance

But i do see why, all these humans dont need to wear a pvp trinket and instead can use op dragonsoul trinkets with ANOTHER dps trinket
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
random bgs =/= rated bgs

rated bgs is dominated by rogues and cunning.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Hunters aren't part of a DoT cleave team. Most of the teams over 2200 are running some kind of DoT cleave, so why would you bring a hunter when you can bring another DoT class?

Personally I love hunters in RBGs, since they're probably the single best flag defenders.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Wait, they are all human except the Shaman and Druids...I don't even...

WHAO not all! Number 56 is an Orc! Happy days...
Edited by Tal on 3/7/2012 5:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
rbgs are just a stupid idea and it blatantly shows how imbalanced wow is, not to mention the fact that it is really stupid to require 9 other people to do something in a video game. they should take a page from their previous books ( wc3 and sc) and introduce ranked solo and random team mates play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]