Alliance Paladin leader

90 Human Paladin
Arator is the son of Turalyon and Alleria, both of whom earned giant statues in Stormwind City. The people of Stormwind would view him as "the son of two legendary heroes", not "some mongrel half-elf".

A character's merit should be based on their actions not their heritage. If Arator were to get more development, he'd need to do so without drawing heavily on the fact 'my dad is Turalyon, my mom is Alleria'. However that's already offtrack since his only appearance so far has been just that. Any future development of him will need to focus more on his own strength with 'I'm looking for my father, oh did I mention how great my dad was?' being heavily toned down.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I agree that Arator could be a great Alliance leader if he were given more roles. This could also be used as a lead in to Turalyon and Alleria's return, build up the son so he can provide a meaningful welcome home. Then they can have a nice little family reunion before they return to defending the Alliance.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Stories of Tyr were the inspiration for the Order of the Silver Hand. He's like the proto-paladin. If he were to return, Tyr could be to the Silver Hand what Cenarius is to the Cenarion Circle.
except that's assuming of course that he does return. We didn't find him in ulduar, we didn't see him a lot of the areas opened by the cataclysm or any titan stations in Azeroth including Uldum, and now excluding Pandaria and the South Seas (which I really doubt he'd be in for either) we have access to the entire world of Azeroth and we haven't seen any hint of him anywhere. What makes you think that if he hasn't surfaced now that we will in soon. Also if you think that he will surface in MoP, then I'd like to ask you, what do you think is so much more important in the discovery of a new sub-continent than an old god controlling your allies and attempting to take over the world via using indirect control over an entire legion of undead?

Yes, he died and got brought back as an undead who still retains his paladin powers even after death and looks exactly the same. That's the most logical and least convoluted explanation.
it's an explanation nonetheless, I provided the possible situations, it's not up to me to decide how convoluted they are. Also in case you haven't noticed, I was actually just kidding about it. I thought you would catch on when you read it. Apparently not.

03/01/2012 11:13 PMPosted by Egrem
In his case, "more development" would take the form of "appearing in-game".
... why do you have more development and appearing in game in quotations? I didn't use those words.

Alliance fans have been clamoring for Turalyon's return for years and Blizzard knows it. I should hope they've learned enough from recent criticism to avoid turning that event into a colossal disappointment.
Well remember when Malfurion, Cenarius, and the other guardians of Hyjal returned? Well it was exactly the same. The moment that after 6 years of the night elf fans waiting for the guardians to reawaken and see their beloved forests burning and massacred by the Horde, and they decide to become their allies. It's the most convoluted thing that can occur, but it wouldn't be the first time that Blizzard made a well-known Alliance character (or in this case, Alliance characters) into a neutral faction/group. Another well-known example is Tirion, and interestingly enough Tirion's opposite Eitrigg joined the Horde and Tirion did not join the Alliance.

But the point I'm trying to make is that despite how in lore, things would never happen, for the sake of game mechanics, Blizzard is able to create the most convoluted things occur and overturn lore when lore demands something happen or not happen in order to make the game slightly more enjoyable.

Arator is the son of Turalyon and Alleria, both of whom earned giant statues in Stormwind City. The people of Stormwind would view him as "the son of two legendary heroes", not "some mongrel half-elf".
Well everyone needs a fresh start with something. Even if his parents are famous and well-know you have to realize that there is a difference between heroes of old and heroes of new. People might have been used to the idea that Turalyon and Alleria are gone and have "sacrificed" themselves for the greater good. If they learn that Arator is their son, there's a chance that the people of Stormwind might be angry with him for not returning sooner as he might have helped things in recent situations. So that might be enough to stop him from gaining any kind of position of leadership.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
03/01/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Elronthil
This could also be used as a lead in to Turalyon and Alleria's return, build up the son so he can provide a meaningful welcome home. Then they can have a nice little family reunion before they return to defending the Alliance.
I disagree, if Alleria and Turalyon were to return, it should be at a point a long time after Arator become a leader, because it could be interpreted as "oh look we have a nice new leader who was son of two of the greatest alliance leaders" versus "oh look two of the greatest heroes in Stormwind's history have returned to lead us once again". If they return too soon, then they might be able to take over Arator's position and Arator will be left with nothing. If they return a long time afterwards then when they arrive Arator's men will be adjusted to Arator being in charge meaning that Turalyon and Alleria won't be a concern anymore side from his parents coming home.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
03/02/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Kynrind
Well remember when Malfurion, Cenarius, and the other guardians of Hyjal returned? Well it was exactly the same. The moment that after 6 years of the night elf fans waiting for the guardians to reawaken and see their beloved forests burning and massacred by the Horde, and they decide to become their allies. It's the most convoluted thing that can occur, but it wouldn't be the first time that Blizzard made a well-known Alliance character (or in this case, Alliance characters) into a neutral faction/group.

I wish Blizzard would stop doing that. It's real annoying, and I wish Blizzard would not make Malfurion the Night elf leader. He isn't our leader for Elune's sake! The guy has spent most of the last 10,000 years asleep in a hole in the ground. He isn't qualified to be the Night elf leader. A druid leader, yes. But not the Night elven racial leader.

Tyrande is the Night elven leader and I wish Blizz would let her shine and do things! She should be kicking orc butt and taking names with Shandris at her side.
Not to mention that not even for gameplay mechanics, it doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to add a neutral leader who should be as devoted to the extinction of the Horde to the Night Elves' racial leader. I mean how does it make sense that when you invade the city that when attack Tyrande that Malfurion just stands there and does nothing? If he's a racial leader then he should be opposed to the Horde, and if he's opposed to the Horde or at least cares about his wife in any sort of way then he should be attacking the force that's attacking. It makes no sense for Malfurion to take over Tyrande's position and it would really make more sense if he just adopted the same kind of position that Thrall has to Garrosh which is nothing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/02/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Vynathlon
except that's assuming of course that he does return. We didn't find him in ulduar, we didn't see him a lot of the areas opened by the cataclysm or any titan stations in Azeroth including Uldum, and now excluding Pandaria and the South Seas (which I really doubt he'd be in for either) we have access to the entire world of Azeroth and we haven't seen any hint of him anywhere. What makes you think that if he hasn't surfaced now that we will in soon. Also if you think that he will surface in MoP, then I'd like to ask you, what do you think is so much more important in the discovery of a new sub-continent than an old god controlling your allies and attempting to take over the world via using indirect control over an entire legion of undead?

I don't think we'll see Tyr any time soon. I certainly don't think he'll have anything to do with Pandaria. I'd still like to see him eventually, though.

Perhaps he went to fight Yogg-Saron's minions in the uncharted subterranean depths of Northrend and has been trapped down there ever since.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
I think its kind of funny if you go to wowpedia on the paladin page all the notable alliance paladins are either dead MIA or they lost their powers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
My vote is for Arator the Redeemer, or... a new character as outlined in the lengthy, and ancient thread found below:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2593040662?page=1

Or just stick Arator in that Paladin's place and let him go through the zones in a similar manner to allow the character to grow and develop.
Reply Quote
75 Worgen Warrior
Halford Wyrmbane. His deeds speak for themselves. If I were to give him a background, and forgive me if he already has one, I would have him be a native of stormwind. A contemporary of bolvar, varian and Morgan ladimore. perhaps childhood friends. Perhaps his family was noble or his father was a brother of horse or he was just an orphan on the streets or from a farm in westfall. During the first war Stormwinds army was decimated, the only of her legions to flee intact was the 7th. Halford escaping to lorderon with lothar varian and the rest, Grew up to be a paladin. During the third war he traveled north with Morgan ladimore and the 7th legion, which had been reestablished by turalyon, before he left for dreanor, as a special expeditionary force. Coming to the aid of uther and then prince arthas, halford follows Jaina west after stratholm, maybe in leu of a an emotional connection, and arthas going bonkers, something developed. Or not. Ladimore stays behind and his lamentable tale plays out. And the rest his history.
Edited by Steppenwolfe on 3/3/2012 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
75 Worgen Warrior
And here is my FAN development for aratar the redeemer. Was squire to halford wyrmbane and fought at hyjal where he was knighted. in searching for his father took part in the battles of the blacktemple and the sunwell. Through out his joirney his faith is tested and he loses is holy powah! He becomes however a bad mofo-ing warrior. On his way back to stormwind is called upon by varian to slay nathanos blightcaller, who he defeats in single combat and but is able to finish him but sends him crawling back to sylvanas. He travels to northrend with alliance forces and is ordered by bolvar to stay behind with the reserves at the wrath gate. When the unthinkable happens, alextrasza has him bring bolvars shield to varian. He fights beside varian in the undercity. Returning to northrend becomes entangled with bran bronzbeard and the events in ulduar and stormpeaks, where he begins to find his faith again. Though still a warrior fight for the crusade and reforges queldelar. In the battle of icecrown his faith returns and is now a Titan griping retribution paladin. He slays the blood queen and the vampire elves. A few years later he hears the voice of nobundo calling him to action... You get the idea.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
03/03/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Steppenwolfe
Halford Wyrmbane. His deeds speak for themselves. If I were to give him a background, and forgive me if he already has one, I would have him be a native of stormwind. A contemporary of bolvar, varian and Morgan ladimore. perhaps childhood friends. Perhaps his family was noble or his father was a brother of horse or he was just an orphan on the streets or from a farm in westfall. During the first war Stormwinds army was decimated, the only of her legions to flee intact was the 7th. Halford escaping to lorderon with lothar varian and the rest, Grew up to be a paladin. During the third war he traveled north with Morgan ladimore and the 7th legion, which had been reestablished by turalyon, before he left for dreanor, as a special expeditionary force. Coming to the aid of uther and then prince arthas, halford follows Jaina west after stratholm, maybe in leu of a an emotional connection, and arthas going bonkers, something developed. Or not. Ladimore stays behind and his lamentable tale plays out. And the rest his history.
TL;DR. I'm pretty sure that Worgen cannot become paladins. If they could they would be a playable race/class combination.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
03/03/2012 05:12 AMPosted by Egrem
Perhaps he went to fight Yogg-Saron's minions in the uncharted subterranean depths of Northrend and has been trapped down there ever since.
How come we haven't heard any kind of mention of him from Yogg Saron or seen him after Yogg Saron was essentially killed?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
03/03/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Steppenwolfe
And here is my FAN development for aratar the redeemer. Was squire to halford wyrmbane and fought at hyjal where he was knighted. in searching for his father took part in the battles of the blacktemple and the sunwell. Through out his joirney his faith is tested and he loses is holy powah! He becomes however a bad mofo-ing warrior. On his way back to stormwind is called upon by varian to slay nathanos blightcaller, who he defeats in single combat and but is able to finish him but sends him crawling back to sylvanas. He travels to northrend with alliance forces and is ordered by bolvar to stay behind with the reserves at the wrath gate. When the unthinkable happens, alextrasza has him bring bolvars shield to varian. He fights beside varian in the undercity. Returning to northrend becomes entangled with bran bronzbeard and the events in ulduar and stormpeaks, where he begins to find his faith again. Though still a warrior fight for the crusade and reforges queldelar. In the battle of icecrown his faith returns and is now a Titan griping retribution paladin. He slays the blood queen and the vampire elves. A few years later he hears the voice of nobundo calling him to action... You get the idea.
two things: 1: wall of text, 2: grammatical/spelling mistakes. Also why haven't we seen him doing any of this stuff?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/03/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Steppenwolfe
During the first war Stormwinds army was decimated, the only of her legions to flee intact was the 7th.

The 7th Legion was from Lordaeron. That's why they use that naming scheme (the army Arthas brought to Northrend was the 1st Legion) and that's why they participated the Battle of Mount Hyjal (because they accompanied Jaina when she sailed from Lordaeron to Kalimdor).

03/09/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Vynathlon
TL;DR. I'm pretty sure that Worgen cannot become paladins. If they could they would be a playable race/class combination.

He didn't say anything about worgen.

03/09/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Vynathlon
How come we haven't heard any kind of mention of him from Yogg Saron or seen him after Yogg Saron was essentially killed?

I suggested that he might be underground somewhere. We barely scratched the surface of what lies beneath Northrend.

03/09/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Vynathlon
two things: 1: wall of text, 2: grammatical/spelling mistakes. Also why haven't we seen him doing any of this stuff?

You didn't see it because it didn't happen. That's why he called it "fan development".
Reply Quote
75 Worgen Warrior
03/09/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Vynathlon

The idea was to take some things accomplished by the player and have arator complete them, to give his character some stripes. As they did with Varian and Onyxia.
Edited by Steppenwolfe on 3/10/2012 9:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I'll take up the job. i'm as anti-Horde (especially anti-orc) as you can get, and I'll smite the Horde down wherever they may be.

Vote Katarn for Paladin leader 2012.
... Brb crying in corner now :(.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
03/10/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Egrem
He didn't say anything about worgen.
He mentioned Halford Wyrmbane who is a worgen becoming a paladin though. Haven't you read the curse of the worgen comics?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]