Enhancement problems (pvp)

100 Goblin Shaman
so this supposed pvp specs only survivability move is shamanistic rage.. which for some reason is attached to global cd, when no other cooldown like it in the game is attached to gc, which is weird cuz i can name like 8 rogue cd's, several pally cd's, mage cd's etc. that arent, its kinda retarded... i dont really count the stoneclaw shield as its a glyph thing and isnt really built into our class well, its saved me and im guessing every shaman a few times, buuut its not really that great, other than the 30% reduc from shaman rage we have no damage halting abilities, which just about everyone else has in spades

we have 2 offensive moves, thats it, other then maelstrom instant casts and thats situational at best.. most of the time were standing there just melee'ing hoping for a windfury, some people would say that lava lash does soooo much dmg that we dont need any other attacks, but... lava lash is dependant on searing flame stacks, where no other class in the game has such a wacky mechanic tied to their burst dmg.. also it is damn near impossible to stack searing flames on a running target. also if either attack is dodged/blocked/parried we still have to deal with the cd, where as rogues dont lose points if their finishing move doesnt come off, neither do dk's lose their runes, so they just mash the buttons till it does come off

our mastery is magic dmg based, which is also stupid as we are mainly a melee class, a very very small portion of our dmg is magic so that kinda sucks

elemental totems arent allowed in arena... which it has been for a while, i dont really get that as its the easiest thing in the world to get around, i dont know who complained that it was too hard to simply tap a couple of totems to get rid of them, but their dumb as hell

our CC is a curse and therefore easily removable, thats fine if it didnt have such a big cooldown time, the problem with this is we have nothing to force a player to use their trinket before we cast it, no one uses their trinket for the wolves bash, as its only 4 sec

purge got nerfed down to 1 removal per cast, which means to remove any hots and buffs from a player we have to burn through about all of our mana, which means we cant attack, because for some reason stormstrike and lavalash require mana to perform, makes killing just about any healer damn near impossible as we dont have a healing reduction debuff

our 85 ability "spiritwalkers grace" is great for ele and resto, but really has very little use as enhancement, sure we try to use it cuz we dont have that much in the way of cd's and... well... its something,... usually its used for a couple of greater healing waves as we run away from or toward someone but normally it just gets removed

ppl make a big fuss over wolves, but in reality they dont do that much dmg or healing at top lvl pvp, more of a nuisance than anything, the healing is barely noticible but thats fine... the cd's are ok, a bash, a sprint that removes snares and roots, but tis not like were imunne to them or anything, and the aoe taunt is also extremely situational

they nerfed the cd on wind shear, which i understand was to keep resto shamans from constantly interrupting in pvp, but this action extremely limits us on plausible specs.

ill come back and state more when im not so damn tired, i just noticed its almost 6am

anyone got anything to add? its just im tired of being forced to heal in arenas if i wanna be usefull, and it seems like they havent tried to fix the off-balancing at all this patch, enhancement has no "rock, paper, scissors" win over anything, although we have plenty of counter classes to us.. and it seems like blizz thinks the new MoP talent tree will fix everything buut looking at em really hasnt wow'd me for enhancement... ele will look better with the knockback totem and all buuut enhancement seems to have been left by the roadside to die in the sun

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Man i'm surprised you got a majority of it lol. The problem isn't the we AREN'T balanced, the problem is that we ARE balanced. We have the right amount of everything and all around we are pretty lack luster. We don't shine because everyone else has game breaking moves that blizzard gave them to be "unique" and didn't give a rats butt about the affect it has on pvp.

Shamans have one or two def cds as well as rounded dmg and very balanced mobility. This is how ALL classes should be and the reason blizzard hasn't fixed us is because we are the closest things to fair they have been in a long time.

It's going to take alot of scaling back but the only way blizzard can fix us is to give us some OP cooldowns or take some away from other classes.

It isn't that the stars aren't bright during the day. It is only that one star is so much brighter =(
Reply Quote
I encounted a ret pali in the arena.
I dropped my searing flame totem.
It died after the first cast due to his ret aura.

I got into trouble, so i cast spirit walkers grace so i could run away and heal, all i needed was a surge in healing, and it healed me for about 10k.

hammer of justice hit me for 20k.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
encounted a ret pali in the arena.
I dropped my searing flame totem.
It died after the first cast due to his ret aura.

I got into trouble, so i cast spirit walkers grace so i could run away and heal, all i needed was a surge in healing, and it healed me for about 10k.

hammer of justice hit me for 20k.

Uhh yes well your spec isn't exactly very "optimal" so to speak. The key to killing a ret pally is to heal when they heal and purge EVERYTHING!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Man i'm surprised you got a majority of it lol. The problem isn't the we AREN'T balanced, the problem is that we ARE balanced. We have the right amount of everything and all around we are pretty lack luster. We don't shine because everyone else has game breaking moves that blizzard gave them to be "unique" and didn't give a rats butt about the affect it has on pvp.

Shamans have one or two def cds as well as rounded dmg and very balanced mobility. This is how ALL classes should be and the reason blizzard hasn't fixed us is because we are the closest things to fair they have been in a long time.

It's going to take alot of scaling back but the only way blizzard can fix us is to give us some OP cooldowns or take some away from other classes.

It isn't that the stars aren't bright during the day. It is only that one star is so much brighter =(

yeah thats a really good point, the spec does feel well rounded in several aspects, just not great in any,... which does go with the old enh saying "jack of all trades, master of none"

although im pretty sure druids pallys and priests could fall into that as well, although with them its being a jack of all trades, master of several

another thing i meant to add was rockbiter weapon?... i mean ... really?? unleash taunt? i understand some ppl make cast sequence macro's in resto, for switching between lifegiving and rockbiter for the -5% in pvp... which is ok as it costs no mana to do, only 2 gcd's which i cant really fault as i have one for stoneclaw / str of earth but still, seriously, whats with the ambiguous tanking talents blizz?

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I couldn't agree more with this post. But sadly it was a waste of time. If you've noticed there isn't a blue post on shaman forums, so I doubt they will care to see this, or reply.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
1. I completely agree that rage on GC? ahhh what?

2. Has anyone else noticed that the only time shams get attention is when the other classes state, "man we rofl over shams lol, they suck" Then blizz might fix something.

3. Our mastery / enhance talents all focus on damage output, where is the healing support? I love self healing in pvp and supporting a main tank in dungeons with my heals. I wish I could heal for a bit more ya know? Maybe if some of that changed to say hey, stormstrikes gives ME a buff of 25% Nature crit, self heals might crit more. Also, mastery effects heals too, that'd be nice.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I concur with everything you've said. I'm ok with doing less dps then say a warrior or rogue as they are pure dps - we are supposed to have more utility to compensate for the lower melee dps, right? But what about Ret Pallies, feral druids or balanced druids? They are also hybrids just like us but yet they can kick out dps that rivals a mage, war or lock plus they have the utility.

And our survivability sucks. As melee, we must run straight into the fray but given our squishiness, lack of cc and damage mitigation of any kind, we get trained and killed faster then you can say "wtf?"

Every class in this game other then us have multiple forms of cc - we have Hex (which sucks btw Blizz). Every class in this game has respectable damage mitigation - we have stone claw which we have to glyph into (and which sucks btw Blizz).

I really feel like we are the forgotten class. Sure hope it improves in MOP.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
02/21/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Deadaleis
Our mastery / enhance talents all focus on damage output, where is the healing support?

They'd probably just scrap our current mastery to do that.

Maybe if some of that changed to say hey, stormstrikes gives ME a buff of 25% Nature crit, self heals might crit more. Also, mastery effects heals too, that'd be nice.

That'd be good, cept it couldn't be spellstolen/purged, etc.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
This isn't so much about pvp but our AOE is pretty stupid.
It's ok for 70+ stuff, but it's annoying if I want to run anyone through an instance.
Even running Sethekk halls I drop stoneclaw and my fire elemental on the groups of birds as I cannot AOE them unless I want to cast chain lightening lol.

I have several 85's, my shaman almost feel like the least mobile of them all. Even with ghostwolf, everyone else has a way to catch up, kite or move faster than we do.

I only log on my shaman once a day to do a daily Bg now after I cap my valor points for the week, usually on tuesday. It's just not fun anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Maybe if some of that changed to say hey, stormstrikes gives ME a buff of 25% Nature crit, self heals might crit more. Also, mastery effects heals too, that'd be nice.

This would help alot especially since we can no longer use focused insight in the cookie cutter build now and it helps make up for the lack of dmg mitigation in the spec. Though i would rather have better mitigation. Also pretty sure we are the only class with the lowest HP still, someone correct me if im wrong. Yea we could spec into more HP but we give up 3 talents just to do so. As an orc its only an extra 9k HP 10k if your tauren. 3 talents to save you from 1 white dmg swing.

But yes the OP hit the nail right on the head with Enhancement issues. MOP doesnt look promising and things can still change but im too exhausted to play an ignored spec for another expansion.
Edited by Redknife on 2/21/2012 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Being a shaman is fun and I do fairly decent in pvp, but that's it. Just decent. No more. No such thing as outstanding for enh.

:(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
My brothers and sisters of the enhancement shamans, i feel all of your pain it brings me to tears to know that my class has been ignored for so long it seems. i do not wish to give up on this toon but i know that i can not bear it to see my shaman trumped by everything in MOP it will literally kill me to know that im gettin my !@# kicked by every class bc they are more op not even better players, just better class. Hunters are going to kill us in seconds in MOP and i do not think it is fair. SOMEONE inside of blizzard must hate us, because they sure as hell dont want to help enhancement
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]