Making AH purchases from WoW API?

Is there any plan to implement this? My users would get a notification of the availability of an item and ideally they would be able to purchase an item remotely (eg: from their phone).

Furthermore is there any plan for a Community Platform API for Diablo 3 as well?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
um... heard of wowremote? tell them to subscribe in there account settings requires a smart phone...

and this wont be in the community API.....
Edited by Zonous on 2/20/2012 8:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
02/20/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Lunarhawk
Furthermore is there any plan for a Community Platform API for Diablo 3 as well?
Straton mentioned working on APIs for D3, so I'd say it's safe to assume there'll be an API similar to the WoW one.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4015162845#4
Reply Quote
Zonous, that doesn't help people that would like to make WoW AH purchases from third-party applications or websites.
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
02/20/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Lunarhawk
Is there any plan to implement this? My users would get a notification of the availability of an item and ideally they would be able to purchase an item remotely (eg: from their phone).

Are you aware of the mobile auction house iPhone and Android applications?
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
02/21/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Lunarhawk
Zonous, that doesn't help people that would like to make WoW AH purchases from third-party applications or websites.

We have no plans or intention of allowing this.
Reply Quote
88 Troll Rogue
No way that is going to happen. That would mean being able to completely automate AH purchases with a trivial amount of code. Furthermore your API requests, even if signed, are not tied to a Battlenet account. There is no way to connect your request to a character in game.

Damn I type too slow :(
Edited by Thehermit on 2/21/2012 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
02/21/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Straton

IE Blizzard's stance on botting and automation.
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue

Are you aware of the mobile auction house iPhone and Android applications?

Sure, how about it gets an iPad or similar higher resolution Android Tablet version.
Reply Quote
26 Goblin Mage
02/21/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Lunarhawk

Wait... so you want to bypass the PAID service offered by Blizzard, and request that Blizzard implement the API code for you to do so?

Sorry at my poor English, I was laughing too hard.

Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage

I know you wont say but I sure would like to know how you would stop a rogue programmer from doing this. A little Perl, some php etc and you can do just about anything with any web page on the internet, including your remote auction house.

Just sayn.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
to have access requires your account have paid for access ....
topic has been asked and answered ...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]