2H for PvP. Period.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Lots of clueless people in here.

2H for PvP. Period.

and here we have a case of the pot calling the kettle black
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

Also, why can't you capitalize the beginnings of sentences?

lazyness mostly
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
People go 2h because they offspec blood or unholy. If you do neither, there is no reason to not go DW.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Dw is the way to go if you want to PVP in frost. Your survivability is not all that great, and exspect to get trained alot because of said survivability issues.

DW Frost Spec/unholy pres in mostly Cata gear, you will run between 3.9kdps to 10k dps depending on your luck(KM Procs) and if you get trained or massed CCed.

I found that if you stack Mastery for DW Frost PVP build, your FS will hit in between 9k to 18k when KMed. Howling blast between 8k to 15k on primary target. Oblit only on low health/low armor people or undergeared people.

Best rotation for frost that I have found is 2x howling/2 necronic strikes/3 frost stikes, use your free HB when up, use your other abilitie as needed, remember to switch to 2 Death strike or 2 Oblit/2 frost/2 necronic strike rotation for Fallen crusader proc.

I play Frost for PVP ATM, but Unholy is the spec of choice for most arena, but it too has the survivability Issues just not as bad as frost.

Edited by Darkrune on 2/23/2012 1:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
UE
The biggest factors between the two from an rbg perspective:

-do you ever flag carry? If yes, buy the 2h.

-do you ever arena? If yes, buy the 2h do you can go unholy (typically the better spec for most comps)

-Are you willing to pay a ludicrous amount of conquest points in order to be DW? (4900 for both main hand and offhand, since we don't get a "true" offhand like rogues)

-can you handle dual weild's different pace? (try it out with a ruthless honor weapon)

Personally I prefer dw on my dk, but I don't arena, don't fc, and basically ONLY play in bgs where the priority is spamming howling to aoe cleave which favors dw ever so slightly gearwise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]