to people thinking BC was golden age of wow

85 Tauren Warrior
as a dps warrior in bc (hated tanking at the time) i could not get into any dungeons or raids due to not having CC. no CC=no heroic runs no heroic runs=no gear no gear=no raids. the only way i got even decent gear was by pvping and i hated pvp. the ONLY ones who enjoyed bc were mages,rogues,locks, and CC classes dps wise non CC classes were left out to die. i could not get any relevant pve done as a dps warrior in bc.

watch the only responses defending BC are CC classes
Edited by Gargarensis on 2/21/2012 2:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
paladin tank
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Loved BC
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Alternatively, you could have just sucked it up, tanked for a week, got fully geared from both specs because Tanks were rare as hell and everyone needed one, and then joined a raid guild as Fury, one of the most dominating DPS specs at the time.

But no, I'm sure complaining for the 2 years BC was out was much more productive.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
02/21/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Donscratchi
paladin tank

2 shields + Hyjal. Trash would hit you so much that your shield would break in the middle of the trash waves and you'd have to swap in a new one.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
paladin tank

lol mr faceroll tank for an entire Xpac. warriors had zero aoe tanking capabilitys
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
We had dps warriors.
I still ran heroics as arms dps.

While it was easier to get heroics on my mage, it wasnt that hard on my warr.
Like every thing these days with the Link XY Z achievment, you form it yourself.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Alternatively, you could have just sucked it up, tanked for a week, got fully geared from both specs because Tanks were rare as hell and everyone needed one, and then joined a raid guild as Fury, one of the most dominating DPS specs at the time.

But no, I'm sure complaining for the 2 years BC was out was much more productive.

sorry i disliked tanking at the time? i picked it up in wrath.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
i got into runs all the time in BC. yay for guild runs
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
We had dps warriors.
I still ran heroics as arms dps.

While it was easier to get heroics on my mage, it wasnt that hard on my warr.
Like every thing these days with the Link XY Z achievment, you form it yourself.

i only got "lf dps for daily heroic XXXX" me:ill dps dude:sorry we need CC me: you prob have 2 mages already since they are so common....... dude:whats your point? i got that 99% of the time. and no one would join my grp lol i tried many times
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
what's this ... CC thing you speak of..

The United Order of Paladins does not believe in such a thing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
paladin tank

This pretty much invalidates your whole argument.

I spent the first half of BC as a prot paladin, and then rerolled a prot warrior. As a prot warrior, I continued to run dungeons without CC because it was what I had become accustomed to. I would take any DPS that wanted to go, regardless of CC abilities. First day of MGT, I tanked it on heroic on both of my tanks with no CC. People were always whispering me trying to get in to my runs, so it's not like I was a bad tank either. You were probably just bad at DPSing or didn't make friends with any tanks.

As far as raids went, you only needed one or two CCs for the ten mans, and it didn't really matter in 25 mans because once again, the number of CCs required was minimal compared to the size of the raid.

BC was by far the best expansion. It's when the dev team really hit their stride and the dungeons and raids were all amazing. I don't think it's a coincidence that the game has continuously gone downhill since the BC team was moved to other projects, and I actually feel sorry for the newer players that only know Outland as the deserted continent that people level through in a day or two.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
02/21/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Gargarensis
paladin tank

lol mr faceroll tank for an entire Xpac. warriors had zero aoe tanking capabilitys

You ran with bad warriors. I actually rerolled a prot warrior from a prot paladin because I wanted the extra challenge. By the time the DPS focused down the first target, I would have enough threat on the others to allow AoE.

Don't blame your own failure during an entire expac on your class that you clearly didn't know how to play properly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
We don't think BC was the golden age of WoW, BC was the golden age of WoW.

lfm heroic Auch Crypts :<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/21/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Leonharrt
yay for guild runs

^

Why didn't you just get a guild group?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/21/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Gargarensis
sorry i disliked tanking at the time? i picked it up in wrath.

So you feel that doing nothing but complaining for 2 years was more productive than doing something you don't like for 2 weeks, and then doing something you DO like for the other 100?
Edited by Turagent on 2/21/2012 2:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
24 Human Rogue
BC made you think about how to play the specific class you had. I rolled a shadow priest for half of BC and earned my spot in heroics by working out what was the best way to play the class. It usually went something like this:

"You can't come as priest, we need cc" - "Not only will I do 20% of the healing, I'll dps and can crowd control two mobs" - "No you can't" - "Inv and we'll see"

So it was the mc dance most trash pulls + mana battery + vamp heals = a spot.

Now if we had a dps warrior (two of my friends who happen to be brothers each had a warrior) they earned their spot by off-tanking and "controlling" a mob through kiting, stuns, interupts and my pallies bomb heals.

You just needed a different strategy for each class but you didn't need to be a mage, hunter or rogue to cc or a lock cc'ing specifics (demon/ele/specific pet)

OP, you may have missed the nuances that made BC heroics unique before the "bring the person not the class" changes and before the heroics turned into aoe runs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
We don't think BC was the golden age of WoW, BC was the golden age of WoW.

lfm heroic Auch Crypts :<

I'll never forget the challenge and satisfaction of the heroics and raids in early BC. Cata almost had that feeling back until heroics got nerfed and the later raids were disappointing as well on normal mode. I feel like the beginning heroics and T11 raids set us up for a promising expansion, which we were then let down on.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I could only rez people once every 30 minutes or whatever the CD was on Rebirth. It made it pretty tough to get in 5 mans when I'd try pugging them (my guildmates would take me all the time, because they knew I was good and people would hardly die anyway).

I still had the best time in WoW during BC.
Edited by Kuruption on 2/21/2012 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]