oPie+Logitech Mouse+Arrow Keys? = Sad Face

90 Night Elf Druid
This problem may be a variety of things so I'm posting here and the addons forums to see if I can get any help.

I have a brand spanking new iMac.
I use a Logitech M705 5 button mouse: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/428/5843
I also like to use the add-on oPie: http://www.go-hero.net/opie/
I also like to use Bartender: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bartender4

My issue is that when I try and bind anything to the mouse 4 and 5 buttons, also known as the thumb buttons, WoW or the add ons, think that the mouse buttons are 'left' and 'right' arrow keys. The key bindings menu also picks up these two buttons as left and right arrow keys.

Logitech has a 'Control Center' where I can re-map the buttons, but after trying all the different mappings, WoW or the Addons still do not recognize the buttons as buttons, only arrow keys.

I am at my wits end. This used to work just fine, I don't know what happened, what was updated or reconfigured to create this issue.

Any help, or direction to another forum would be much appreciated.

Thank you
<3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
What are you remapping the buttons to in the control center? What are the options it's giving you?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I use a few different Logitech devices. For example I use my thumb button for jump, to make this work I used the Logitech software to map the space bar. This meant my mapping within WoW didn't change at all.

For other buttons find buttons you do not wish to use in game and map them (simple single key mappings) in your Logitech software.

Once thing to check is that your mouse isn't switching profiles on you. Set up your mapping, load notepad and make sure when you press the button it's representing correctly in windows (for me and my jump button it adds a space in notepad).

Then switch to wow, toggle a chat by type /g and then press your mouse button again and again in my case this adds a space. Disable the chat by hitting ESC and press again and my toon jumps around all happy

Upy
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
It kind of sounds like the problem may be between your iMac and your mouse. It might be something as simple as needing a new or different mouse driver. If you haven't already tried that, I would advise it as your first step.

If it isn't a driver issue, try searching the Logitech and iMac forums for suggestions - it really sounds more like a hardware issue to me than an addon or WoW issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]