LvL 1 race

85 Draenei Shaman
Race from Goldshire to Sentinel Hill in Westfall. YOU MUST make a lvl 1 alt and complete the race on foot with no help. First one there will get the mount. There will be an entry fee depending on LvL and it isn't going to be expensive at all. Most it will cost is a lvl 85 is 150g or less. You can make that much doing dailies in 45min. If you are interested PST me in game or write me some mail.

Edit: Please mail me from your main so I can send out mail when date and time is selected
Edited by Xaomren on 2/22/2012 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
1) What mount?

2) That's a very short, uneventful race. You could almost just run straight there without much worry of running into mobs...Now a race to Booty Bay with a forced PvP flag and publicly announced date to the horde, might be a bit more interesting. ;)
Reply Quote
Incoming Fan of Fun
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Will it be an Ironman race (i.e. no deaths)?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
No deaths. Maybe I will change it to a farther run. Only deaths people will get are from the mobs. Problem with force flag people will get bored and stop doing it. It would be like an hour long+ (possible). I would rather make it nice and sweet. THe mount this week is going to be the mount you get from the valentines day event. Don't remember name. But please sign up through the mail to me and I will tell you the days. If you do have other ideas please let me know. I have other ideas ready for following weeks such as world PvP in arenas. Last team standing will get gold or team gets mount to /roll for.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
02/23/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Xaomren
No deaths. Maybe I will change it to a farther run. Only deaths people will get are from the mobs. Problem with force flag people will get bored and stop doing it. It would be like an hour long+ (possible). I would rather make it nice and sweet. THe mount this week is going to be the mount you get from the valentines day event. Don't remember name. But please sign up through the mail to me and I will tell you the days. If you do have other ideas please let me know. I have other ideas ready for following weeks such as world PvP in arenas. Last team standing will get gold or team gets mount to /roll for.

Nice. :) You are right, people will get tired of dying if they flag for PvP. haha

Back at the beginning of TBC my guild did something similar and we raced as level 1 gnomes from the gnome starting area to Booty Bay. The race took about an hour and a half. We had a couple of full, 40-man raids start the race and something like 20 people still running when the race ended. The people that gave up were mainly the ones who got unlucky and were either getting killed by horde and camped (it was on a PvP server, and running that route we're required to go through several contested high-level zones) or didn't plan out the route they were going to run and got too far behind. :P

But we charged no gold for entry and the grand prize was 2000g, which was a lot of gold back then. It was mostly a stunt to get noticed by potential recruits. It actually worked. I think we got quite a few recruits from that race. haha
Edited by Slyvar on 2/23/2012 12:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
what i'm counting on but the guild isn't that rich and the mount can cost from 10k-100k in the AH. So trying to make a bit of gold to help the recruiting process. only our races open to the entire server will cost something like this. I want to do a Arena match for a guild in a week or two. Winner will get a mecho hog or vial of sands
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
If you are doing a "no death" race, I wouldn't go much further than the Westfall lighthouse. Much further out than that, and people are going to be dying left and right.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Not a long enough race! Should make it from SW to IF.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
It isn't about length, it is more about lvl 1's pulling aggro and dying. Dont' want people to get bored and just quit during the race. Don't want it to be that long. and if it is to long people could find ways to cheat
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
02/23/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Sasofrass
Not a long enough race! Should make it from SW to IF.

Sadistic as always, Sasofrass.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Naw, make it Ammen Vale in Azuremyst to the top of the Falthrien Academy on Sunstrider Isle in Eversong Woods!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]