Holy Shield kinda sucks now...

65 Draenei Paladin
I don't even have it on my bar. What gives? The old holy shield used to be awesome, it felt so paladin-like for some reason. Now I'm forced to take this watered-down talent so I can 1-shot people with sacred duty procs. Is it even used at 85?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
.....What
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/22/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Yaequilaetis
I don't even have it on my bar.

/facepalm

Is it even used at 85?

It is a potent CD at 85.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
It sucks at your level, that's true. At level 80 you get Mastery, and in current raid gear it is absurdly easy to get your Mastery to the point where every single melee attack is either avoided or blocked. Once you get to that point, Holy Shield becomes more powerful than Divine Protection when dealing with blockable melee attacks. It's really a quite strong ability.

Unless you're looking at it from a purely PvP point of view, in which case I guess it does suck.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Wow, really? This again? I thought we buried this myth a long time ago. I'll concede that it's basically useless before level 80 when you only have 5% block. That's just a failure on Blizzard's part in how they squeezed in mastery. On the plus side, it doesn't really matter anyways for low level dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I don't even have it on my bar.

Please please put it on your action bar. As others have said it is a potent melee cooldown and you should definitely be using it.

Even though we only have 5% block until level 80 you should have it on your bars when you get it just so you can get used to using it. I hope the 5% block until 80 is something they fix in MoP, it's a bit dumb tbh. Post 80 it is definitely better.
Edited by Muletia on 2/23/2012 11:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
65 Draenei Paladin
I enjoy the help and advice that the first 3 posters gave.

For the rest of you guys, I wasn't aware what master for prot paladins did and how holy shield tied in with it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There's a guide at the top that you should probably read.
Reply Quote
65 Draenei Paladin
Oh, I have another question while I'm here and might as well not start a new thread about it.

Is it better to use crusader strike or hammer of the righteous on a single target. I know that crusader strike deals more damage but the holy damage from hammer goes through armor and cant be resisted. So which is more efficient?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Crusader strike is always far more, with 2/2 WotL.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's not even on the Global Cool down...just sayin...so you know, you could just macro it in with something else.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]