Research Project: A Guide on Women. (IC)

90 Human Warlock
If you are reading this, then you are being asked to participate in a very interesting research project. I have been asked to complete a simple guide on women, so that both sides can understand each other better, and have better communication between them.

You do not have to participate, nor do you have to agree with the results of such a guide. This is entirely data that will be collected and interpreted as clearly as possible.

Men: If you are reading this, your job is to ask the question that bothers you the most about females. Anything that could be helpful, and anything that can be answered. You will remain completely anonymous, so be as open and honest about your question as possible.

Females: I'll be collecting your responses for the guide, weighing them against popular responses. So please, also be honest. Straight-forward, blunt. Tell me exactly what you mean, because I can't compile data from vague statements.

A few questions to start for females to answer:

What signs do you show to a male to indicate you want to be more than friends?

What do you mean when you say "I'm fine." Do you want men to inquire more?

What sort of compliment would appeal to you the most? (Note, this doesn't apply to just physical appearance, I do mean, what would make you the happiest to be noted by a male. Your intelligence, your appearance, your outfit, please, list what makes you feel the best.)

When you are angry at a male in question, what do you want the male to do about it? Do you want space, or do you want him to come talk to you?

I will add more questions as the experiment continues.

What do you mean when you ask double-edged questions? Such as "Does this make me look fat?"

Why do you continue to talk about subjects that do not contain mutual interest value?

Why do you set up your single male friends with dates, if they have shown little to no interest?

Thank you for your time.
Chaori Ravenshadow

(( This is completely In character. Please keep it that way. Respond in character or use the brackets to indicate OOC.))
Edited by Chaori on 2/23/2012 7:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior

My sign is usually ordering more beer when I know I've had enough.

I mean it's time to back off.

What sort of compliment would appeal to you the most?

It's always nice to hear a guy acknowledge that I can pull my weight in a fight, as long as he's not making it sound like I needed a man's approval to be recognized. He has to know what he's talking about.

When you are angry at a male in question, what do you want the male to do about it? Do you want space, or do you want him to come talk to you?

I really want to get the issue sorted out and be done. Sometimes I want space for a little while, to blow off some steam. I'll find him when I want to set things straight, if he even deserves it.
Edited by Lito on 2/23/2012 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'll answer some of the questions from my own point of view.

On the occasion I find a male interesting enough to catch my attention, I offer to share my research projects with him, or invite him to assist in studies I'm currently interested in. The bond of a project can only strengthen the relationship.

In my experience, the correlation between the time of the question asked and the response given is a good indication of what that phrase mean. A quick snapping answer, for example, often accompanied with harsh facial expressions suggests anger towards the person asking the question. A simple flow in conversation with timing from response to question asked and answered indicates a typical response, as in the question wasn't truly thought about. The answer indicates an automatic response, generated by politeness taught by growing up. The delay in the response in correlation to the time the question was asked indicates a general melancholy, but typically not at the questioner. This is also followed by somewhat of a release of air and facial expressions to match the mood.

I enjoy when I am complimented on the work I am doing. This indicates the male in question actually understands and appreciates the work I am doing.

Typically I want space. I am a rather calm person and frustration has to build over time for me to actually feel anger towards the male. But after a considerable amount of time, I would indeed like to be contacted again.
Reply Quote

"Much like is seen in the animal world, I demand that the male bring me the head of the strongest male in the near vicinity. Successful attempts are met with a handshake. But I will be keeping the head."

"The term 'I'm fine' is used to inform the target that I am doing well, and further help is unneeded."

What sort of compliment would appeal to you the most? (Note, this doesn't apply to just physical appearance, I do mean, what would make you the happiest to be noted by a male. Your intelligence, your appearance, your outfit, please, list what makes you feel the best.)

"I once had a man tell me my eyes were as yellow as worgen bile from the deepest parts of their stomach. If I had any desire for a romantic relationship, this would likely have caused one."

"When I become angry at the opposite sex, I would be happiest for him to submit to my beatings."
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warrior
A solid kick to the shin in greeting. Though, if they're my height, a firm pat on the back.

No. I'm seriously fine. And if you get on my nerves trying to be "sensitive" I'll cut you down to size and show you where sensitivity gets ya.

"You're a formidable foe in combat."

I show them how I feel with my fist. And their face. And a real good knuckle sandwich. So for their sake, they'd better be far away by the time they find out I'm mad.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Portia. My soda covered keyboard hates you, but I adore you!

~~~~~

I'm actually terrible with this, I just talk to them more, and I guess I end up asking more questions about them to get to know them better. I don't easily trust people in that way, so I get really nervous/shy.

If I say "I'm fine" then usually I'm just that, fine. Now, if I glare and groan "Uggghhhfine." Then you should probably leave me be. If I wanted you to inquire more I'd respond with "Got time to talk?"

Anything to do with my intelligence, humor, quirkiness, or badassery. (I get that one every now and then and it's quite nice.) Physical stuff is nice too, but can easily get impersonal and overdone.

Leave. Not because I hate you, but because I tend to either lash out on accident or say crap I don't mean when I'm angry, which only adds to the drama/problem. I'll probably be better within a day, if not I'll go to them when I'm calmer. It is hard to get me angry though, so it's easy to tell when you need to vacate the building, so to speak.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
By giving him gems I spent alot of time making as a gift. Never taking my eyes off him and stuttering when I talk.

Please leave me alone or Ill take my need to inflect pain and suffering out on you.

Telling me how pretty my face is, even if Im dead. Im pretty self conscious about my looks.

Give me alot of space. My self control tends to...slip when Im angry.
Edited by Sarîa on 2/23/2012 7:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
If my jokes start getting dirty, it's a safe bet. 'parently I also bite my lip or poke my tongue out, though 's not somethin' I've noticed.

Drop it, or I'll drop you.

Guy'll get points if he likes my humour, my taste in liquor and is willin' to take - and dish - a good couple punches. And I know I ain't exactly pick of the crop, but sayin' I got a nice !@# is always appreciated.

'f I'm pissed at a guy, he's done somethin' stupid. Best solution would be stop bein' stupid. S'pose that might be a bit much to expect with some folks, though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This project is going rather well. If we could only get some men to stop being shy and ask some questions they want the women to answer!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Depends on what "more than friends" means. There's "more than friends" this way and "more than friends' that way. Though, I suppose doing... things... with them could sum up both of those.

The hell kinda question is this? "I'm fine" means I'm okay, but if you don't stop pestering me you're NOT going to be okay.

What sort of compliment would appeal to you the most? (Note, this doesn't apply to just physical appearance, I do mean, what would make you the happiest to be noted by a male. Your intelligence, your appearance, your outfit, please, list what makes you feel the best.
Uhhh...

Either try and make me not angry at him, or let himself be my punching bag.
Edited by Kazra on 2/23/2012 7:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
02/23/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Chaori
This project is going rather well. If we could only get some men to stop being shy and ask some questions they want the women to answer!

Oh, I'm not shy. I was just thinking of a delicate way to word my question!

So something I've noticed (and I'm sure everyone else has as well >.>) is that women tend to ask "trick questions". There's the typical "Does this dress make my butt look big?" and then there are many other more obscure ones that I could theoretically list for a couple more pages. My question is: What is your typical motive for asking your boyfriend/husband a 'trick question'? Are you setting up a pitfall so that you have a reason to rage at him? Are you looking for honesty? Or are you simply looking for what you want to hear? I'm legitimately curious.
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
What is your typical motive for asking your boyfriend/husband a 'trick question'?
I'm lookin' for honesty. Light forbid anyone manages to get me in a dress, but assumin' ya tricked me somehow I wanna know exactly how it makes my !@# look. I can't see it! So either it looks like crap or it doesn't. If it does, I bloody well need to know so I can change! Else you've got me goin' out there in some frilly damn getup makes my rear-end look like the broad side of a Tauren, and that's just not a nice thing to do to a girl.

Why do women prattle on incessantly when it is obvious that I have no desire to hear them speak?
Drowns out yer bloody whining about how ya want some fruity sissy drink rather than real booze. Or how ya got blood on your hair or chipped a nail, or whatever you pale-!@# knife ears talk about.
Edited by Judeith on 2/23/2012 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/23/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Drekktal
So something I've noticed (and I'm sure everyone else has as well >.>) is that women tend to ask "trick questions". There's the typical "Does this dress make my butt look big?" and then there are many other more obscure ones that I could theoretically list for a couple more pages. My question is: What is your typical motive for asking your boyfriend/husband a 'trick question'? Are you setting up a pitfall so that you have a reason to rage at him? Are you looking for honesty? Or are you simply looking for what you want to hear? I'm legitimately curious.

This is an excellent question, and will be added to the list. Thank you.

My personal response: I have noticed when asking trick questions, the typical desire is for a compliment because the woman is often feeling insecure. This stems from all those women who pull off mageweave pants and similar styles with ease, throwing their thin bodies on our face. Some of us were born with child-bearing hips, round bottoms, and perhaps a bit of pudge from child-birthing or whatever the reason. So the insecure feeling is projected towards the male.

There are indeed trick questions that there is no correct answer to that are unrelated to insecurity. Some of these stem from irritated moods, "That time of the month", or a bad day in general. If you want to successfully win a "trick question", change the subject to something interesting, and do so in a smooth manner. Something very eye catching.

Example: "Would you love me if I were suddenly a male?" Male response: "You know <Female>, I was thinking of a warm bath with plenty of cuddles. I just feel like being close to you today. -Or- (As I know some races aren't as soft and cuddly) "Spar with me! I want to see my mate in action! You are always so attractive when you are giving me your best."
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Men: If you are reading this, your job is to ask the question that bothers you the most about females.

Uh.

Uhm.

Why do girls that I know as friends (not many of them, but still) try to find me dates (they usually just say that they're trying to get me laid) when I make it obvious that I don't want to date (or have sex by some random woman I don't know? I heard you can catch diseases that way!)?

This.

Also. It's stated pretty often by me, that I am ugly, it's stated pretty often by others that I am ugly, and it's pretty obvious that I am ugly, with looks equaling that of a monkey that's been smacked in the face multiple times with a large hammer. Not only that, but I make it my daily goal of each day, which lasts the full twenty-four hour period mind you, to make everyone around me feel like a lower life form, and to cause havoc amongst those I like and HATE.

My question is: How do some of you find that attractive, or do I just linger around those who enjoy to be lowered? I mean, honestly, I'm not a man lover, but it seems like that sometimes, REALLY?

(( Edited due to my inability to read the (IC) tag. ))
Edited by Grov on 2/23/2012 8:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/23/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Aenastin
Why do women prattle on incessantly when it is obvious that I have no desire to hear them speak?

Personal Opinion: If they are not finding common ground with you, let me return a question. What are you trying to carry out with them, that requires you to listen?

Often times, when women continue on about something that interests them, but not the male in question, it's called venting. Both women and men vent, but they typically do it in different ways. Women vent with details, feeding you a picture of what they are talking about, from every brush stroke, while men vent with very little, such as "Female left me last week. She took the children." Another male may reply. "Oh, that's terrible." And the conversation could be considered over. Where as a female needs to paint in detail the steps leading up to such an action, to the action, and then in conclusion, how the action made them feel.

If you are truly not interested in what they have to say, try a subject change to something pleasant, a mutual topic. If there is nothing to change to, perhaps this is an indicator of cutting ties with this particular woman, be they friend or love interest. Relationships of any sort can not stand on the basis of staring at each other or meaningless intimacy alone.

02/23/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Taedius
Why do girls that I know as friends (not many of them, but still) try to find me dates (they usually just say that they're trying to get me laid) when I make it obvious that I don't want to date (or have sex by some random woman I don't know? I heard you can catch diseases that way!)?

You can catch diseases this way. Women in relationships typically have an impulse to force everyone around them in relationships. This fuels from a rush of hormones and emotions released by the relationship high. They want you to feel the same rush of joy and delight that they are feeling.

If they are not in a relationship, they are simply keeping you in what's known as the "Friend Zone" but are much more polite about it. They may not realize that you are simply alright with being friends, as genders have a terrible issue of communication, as well as an underlying natural sexual tension that comes from nature itself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/23/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Grov
How do some of you find that attractive, or am I just hanging around weird people sometimes?

This comes from "Ugly puppy" Syndrome. The same idea of when an animal is deformed in some way, or simply born unfortunately ugly that we feel enough pity to trick our brains into finding the deformity attractive.

Sometimes it has nothing to do with physical attraction, but a mental attraction due to a personality collision that makes the person feel comfortable enough to decide to ignore looks entirely. Appearance tends to fade in relationships anyway, and we are hard wired to find mates for life, testing the waters with each relationship we find (And fail).

Third conclusion is they are lonely themselves, and their thoughts revolve around fixing that, and the standards lower over time, until looks no longer register on the scale. Which is unfortunate, since the primary reason of relationships in the first place is for procreation, not in fact, a bond.

Undead however, feeling mere echos of life, if that, thrive on the memories of what they were suppose to feel, so oftentimes mimic what they used to want. This is in order to cope with being undead, as life was the only thing they were used to prior. It can be seen in much of undead society that undead that have coped well with their undeath no longer have impulses of such relationships.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]