Letting people die on purpose

90 Night Elf Druid
Ever do that thing were when some one is being a real !*%# you just let them die?

MUHAHAHAHA

Respect your heals!!!

We still beat Manaroth despite the cocky "Im the top dps" guy and his douchebaggery.

lolololol
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Not really. What's in it for me?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
It wastes time. You queued as a healer for a reason, do your job.
Reply Quote
Sure, all of the time. I don't care how high their DPS is, but if you are being a douche, and don't stop when asked, then I will stop healing you, and if you get worse, then I will figure out ways to kill you as often as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Very rarely.
Reply Quote
23 Orc Hunter
02/23/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Advance

Actions have consequences. And my time is wasted when someone acts rude.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
02/23/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Vorath

That makes absolutely no sense. Your time is wasted when someone acts incompetently, but their politeness has absolutely no bearing on that. If a tank gets in a group, says, "you're all terrible" and then proceeds to pull extremely high DPS, pull things rapidly, and show high survivability, has he wasted your time?
Reply Quote
02/23/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Beartay

That makes absolutely no sense. Your time is wasted when someone acts incompetently, but their politeness has absolutely no bearing on that. If a tank gets in a group, says, "you're all terrible" and then proceeds to pull extremely high DPS, pull things rapidly, and show high survivability, has he wasted your time?

You misunderstand.

What Vorath is saying is that if someone is being rude, and causing a disruption, Ending it is more preferable(aka, a better use of his time to not save said person) than allowing it to continue.

I've kept my mouth shut, so to speak, in groups with abusive players plenty of times. But Each an Every time, someone else in the group snaps, and the entire run either falls apart or insane griefing ensues. It is Always better to avoid such an outcome, and frankly, as the Healer, I am best equipped to deal with it. Only an idiot Really pisses off his healer, and most people understand that, and shut up when asked to. Those that don't, deserve the consequences.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Nope.

I'm a priest, I don't let them die I kill them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Basically he tea-bagged my dead body after I died to the eyes that demon mini boss; "...eyes are looking for you!" That part.

Tea-bagged wrong healer.

Whats worse is that there was nothing I could do, the eyes were surrounding me completely.

The rush I felt when he finally died was great. I had the last laugh for sure.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

You misunderstand.

What Vorath is saying is that if someone is being rude, and causing a disruption, Ending it is more preferable(aka, a better use of his time to not save said person) than allowing it to continue.

I've kept my mouth shut, so to speak, in groups with abusive players plenty of times. But Each an Every time, someone else in the group snaps, and the entire run either falls apart or insane griefing ensues. It is Always better to avoid such an outcome, and frankly, as the Healer, I am best equipped to deal with it. Only an idiot Really pisses off his healer, and most people understand that, and shut up when asked to. Those that don't, deserve the consequences.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

You misunderstand.

This still makes no sense at all to me. If I really thought a group was so idiot-filled that I would have multiple people typing instead of DPSing, the best time saver would be leaving the group, not carrying morons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I let a dps die in H GB when they kept pulling. Tank wasn't gonna save them a third time, so we just chilled and then I rez'd. Warlock stopped pulling after that.

Most times I intentionally let someone die, I'm actually just taking my time walking back. If a party let me die and they all lived but had no rez, I usually will walk back slowly. If I see they pull while I'm away, I hang back until they're all dead.

I usually just use my words to annoy people instead of letting them die. Letting them die means I have to spend more time with that person because the run takes longer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
02/23/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Hadiirn
Basically he tea-bagged my dead body after I died to the eyes that demon mini boss; "...eyes are looking for you!" That part.

Honestly, who cares?

Why on earth would this, of all things, tick you off enough to slow down the run by letting someone die?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't think I let this happen often, but I do refuse to b-rez idiots who've died on their own stupid accord.
You refused to move out of Sylvanas' poison ooze? You're staying dead til we down her.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
02/23/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Elethia

Honestly, who cares?

Why on earth would this, of all things, tick you off enough to slow down the run by letting someone die?

He's petulant, immature, and feels powerless, so he takes it out on others. That's pretty much the sum of it, seems to me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I had an "interesting" run on my alt in Deadmines (low lvl). Tank was being kinda slow and the mage was continuallingly pulling.
It started when the mage told the tank to hurry up (using colorfull language).
Next thing I know they're trading insults back and forth. It's getting worse and worse and we're moving along at a snails pace.
The other two dps and I were saying nothing, but their argument kept escalating.
I got the distinct feeling that if I so much as let a peep out they'd start tearing into me and I did NOT want to get involved.
But I also wanted to finish the run, so after the mage pulled again I just concentrated on healing the tank.
The mage died and demanded to know where his heals were.
I simply said, "Please let the tank pull, my gear isn't good enough to heal a clothie through a pull."
He made a somewhat snarky reply, which thankfully the tank didn't reply to and neither did I.
After that the run went smoothly.

It works.
/shrug
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Didn't slow down the run; we were already half way through Manaroth when he died.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
02/23/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Hadiirn
Didn't slow down the run; we were already half way through Manaroth when he died.

So he was doing zero DPS? I guess letting him die really was fine then.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/23/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Beartay

Honestly, who cares?

He's petulant, immature, and feels powerless, so he takes it out on others. That's pretty much the sum of it, seems to me.

You must not be aware of the implications of a tea-bag in the fps world. Insult of the highest order. I just reacted.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]