Letting people die on purpose

85 Human Priest
I very rarely do this but if somebody is being a total doucherocket I'll let them die just for the sake of encouraging a little more civility in what is already a far too uncivil game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't really let people die, unless I'm typing something back to them & I was occupied with the typing - then no I don't let them die on purpose.

& for those dumbos who stand in stuff, I usually Life Grip them out & they never stand in it again :)
Reply Quote
36 Blood Elf Warlock
I let an azs die once but didnt realize i was odd psrson out on a guild run and they booted me. It tickrd me off. the perp only had 5k dps in heroic but i was kicked.
Reply Quote
Why do healers do stuff like this? Just put the jerk on ignore, and if the tea-bagging thing really bothered you screenshot it and open a ticket. Wouldn't it technically be harassment?

Just heal and be done with the group and you never have to see that person ever again.
Reply Quote
Why do healers do stuff like this? Just put the jerk on ignore, and if the tea-bagging thing really bothered you screenshot it and open a ticket. Wouldn't it technically be harassment?

Just heal and be done with the group and you never have to see that person ever again.

Some people never learn, so one of the best ways to deal with such people is to ignore them Completely...and see how well they last with the bridge to their healer burned.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
depends. if im in pvp and it will lose the battle for me i dont. i dont care. they usually thank me after and i just say screw off and get away from them
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
a few sentence story about some guy being a jerk is now a 6 page thread.. wtf!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
No, the faster we get through the dungeon or raid the faster you get out of group with the person you dislike, not healing someone just means you will be grouped with them longer and unnecessarily spites the other player. It is better to just all do your job regardless and complete the dungeon or raid.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Never let a strange die on purpose, I find people like me more when they are alive the whole time.

Raiders though.... I have def let guildies die to raid trash, esp my friends >:)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Not that anyone will see this on page 6 but I thought about it for the first time the other day running a 5 man. This Ret Pally needed on some INT cloth gear and won it. No one said anything but since I'm an enchanter I always need on any cloth INT gear even if I don't plan on wearing it.

Anyway, I got annoyed and needed on a dps mace and got questioned about it and some words were exchanged. Then the Ret Pally needed on another not plate piece and told me not to get rear-hurt about it and said he was a holy pally. Some words were exchanged because the group was getting annoyed by him and for the first time I told someone they better watch it or they might find themselves with a lack of heals. He then got vote kicked by the tank.

TLDR:

I got a taste of the little power I do hold as a healer and think that if people act like jerks I might just not put a priority on healing them. This could be fun but ultimately I'd rather just get through the instance. They'd have to really upset me for me to let them die.
Edited by Orianne on 3/15/2012 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I very, very rarely do this, but I have on occasion. I can only ask dps to stop pulling so many times, or Leap of Faith someone out of bad stuff so many times before I just quit.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
02/24/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Kitsueie
If your goal is to have fun instead of grind VP

...I'll be playing a different game. Grinding rep, Points, or rare drops are the only things left to do in this game anymore. =/
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes, I'll let people die. I fall into the group of healers that will assassinate DPS that can't stop pulling because the tank isn't fast enough for their liking. In my own little bubble of experience, I've noted that the most typical reactions are: A) They stop playing like a fool or B) They drop the group and we carry on without them or we get a replacement.

Occasionally there is the instance where they rage and carry on like an idiot, at which point I put them on ignore and continue to let them die while keeping every one else up. With the LFD being what it is, and DPS being a dime a dozen they aren't hard to replace. The content one plays in the LFD isn't particularly hard, often being completely doable with only 4 people (or hell, 3 if the players are competent/geared properly).

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
As said in this thread many times, why in the world would you slow the run down just to let someone die, I don't care if he's the biggest jerk in the group, if you purposely let him die then it is YOU that will be getting kicked, because despite being a complete pain, that dps is still doing his job.

Are you so thin skinned that cockiness and rudeness bother you so much that you insist on wasting everyones time? if the healer is letting people die to satisfy his own vendetta then the healer is a bigger problem then one rude kid.

I would kick you in a heartbeat.
Reply Quote
...Only in PvP. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've never done that. I don't care if I happen to group up with the biggest douche in the world. I'll heal them, because I queued for my valor, and that's what I aim to get from it. No point in slowing down the run out of spite.

Also, if bad dps stand in stuff, I say "Bring it on! I relish the break from boredom!"

Heck, sometimes I intentionally stand in stuff myself just to be able to heal something.
Reply Quote
32 Goblin Shaman
Let me share a story with you there once was a young goblin shaman who said screw it I'll heal a few dungeons and see if it is right for me. Well the young shaman found himself in love with healing he balanced life and death and who gets rezzed ,but there were dark times as well.(Insert dramatic looking away at patch of wall over there<---ish),you see there was a young undead warlock who decided "hey lets screw with the healer!!! I could tell you that the shaman was ok with it , but that would be a lie . The thing is though this shaman stayed and
Healed through all of the warlock/tank . Later that run as the shaman was looking at pretty loots he whispered the warlock asked him nicely and politley to stop, but did he? No he did not I than whispered him and it turned out this guy was on ma server I was like wtf lol so I bugged him a lol and repeatedly sent him in-game mail and such telling him how to play a lock and how not to tank as one. The next day he sent me 100g to stop bothering him. Never heard from him again
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
The only time I can remember ever "letting someone die" on purpose was the last boss in Hour of Twilight, where they would stand in purple without moving. As soon as I realized they weren't moving and I was just wasting mana I let them go. /shrug

When I do run into jerks I usually put them on my ignore list so I never run into them again, but I never let them die.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The only time I can remember ever "letting someone die" on purpose was the last boss in Hour of Twilight, where they would stand in purple without moving. As soon as I realized they weren't moving and I was just wasting mana I let them go. /shrug

When I do run into jerks I usually put them on my ignore list so I never run into them again, but I never let them die.

I've done that several times in the past few days on my shaman. The first boss in well of eternity is another one I do it in. Most people have moved out at the last moment. Some people won't move out of things unless it's apparent they'll kill them, so... we'll just say I'm resolving that issue.

Shaman can't quite pump out the heals this toon can, so I gotta go with what natural selection is telling me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]