Warglaives Master Looted... really?

90 Worgen Warrior
With the transmogrification feature now in game I've been running old raids as has a majority of the community to get our "transmog sets". I recently joined a Black Temple run hosted by <WTS Cataclysm> and low and behold the MH warglaive drops and is immediately ML-ed to a shaman (he was ML), from Tichondrius. Now I don't mean to speculate as to how he got ML to begin with, as the lead was a rogue from Staghelm. He was the only person not from Staghelm in the raid, which means he got in via a RealID invite and mysteriously got ML right before Illidan. I asked before we even started the run if the warglaives would be ML-ed based on rolls and was told that they would be. Some will read this as a "QQ" but I honestly couldn't care less that I didn't get the item, what annoys me is that it was ML-ed to someone who cannot equip it, the only reasonable reason for possessing it being for guild achievements. Has it really come to the point where we can't even steal from people on our own servers anymore? We have to enlist the help of others in the battlegroup? I've been playing for 5+ years now and never have I seen such ridiculously... selfish (I'm using selfish so I don't get banned here) behavior. It's no wonder the sense of "community" has fallen apart on the WoW servers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You know you can't transmog glaives, correct?

I do miss actually having a community on Staghelm, though.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
I've never had high expectations of PuG runs, at least as far as loot was concerned. If it really troubles you, simply form your own group and clear it without the risk of getting screwed over with loot (you can easily clear all BC content with 3-5 lvl 85s).
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
02/24/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Casiotone
I've never had high expectations of PuG runs, at least as far as loot was concerned. If it really troubles you, simply form your own group and clear it without the risk of getting screwed over with loot (you can easily clear all BC content with 3-5 lvl 85s).

Hate to say it but ^. The LFR mentality is unfortunately trickling down to actual server communities- the new philosophy seems to be "It's ok to act like this now". Though back before LFG/LFR actually existed you still had these types but the community actually dealt with them. Now you call someone out in trade and they're like "Who cares?".

But as Gerrick said, the glaives aren't transmogable.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Want to know what's even more awesome?

BLIZZARD GMs are exactly why the LFR mentality is in place. They don't give a crap whether or not people do anything in LFR/LFG, so long as the loot gets distributed to someone. (Regardless of who it is.)

If it's in LFR, they get paid not to care.

Best. Service. EVAR.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
You know you can't transmog glaives, correct?

I do miss actually having a community on Staghelm, though.

The transmog part was just a reason for me doing the BT in the first place (admittedly a bad introduction to the Warglaive issue). I know legendaries can't be transmoged, and that is what made me so upset about it. I could have at least equipped them and gone into the LFR (and probably done better than half the people in there), but a shaman?!? They will sit in his bags and collect dust until servers are shut down.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
so i hear that you are wondering about how good of a ninja i am in wow?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Not really.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]