Interrupts: Putting the CAST back in CASTer

85 Blood Elf Rogue
Oh no you juked me!...<insert another CC> to follow up.

Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

I completely admit it won't solve the problem alone.

But even rogues do have a limit to how they can stop casts.

Getting juked means 5 seconds longer where they won't have kick ready.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

I completely admit it won't solve the problem alone.

But even rogues do have a limit to how they can stop casts.

Getting juked means 5 seconds longer where they won't have kick ready.
Just FYI, i like casters WAY more than my rogue. lol Not out of being FoTM do I play a rogue, but out of frustration of being on the receiving end of FoTM I can't play my main and keep my sanity.

Warlock & Frost Mage were my mains in TBC, most of wrath, and dead in Cata. I absolutely miss the mechanics that allowed stationary hard casting since it required skill to kite, skill to juke, and of course your team to peel/heal. Nowadays there are too many interrupts in the game, matched with large burst, so you can actually kill a player in a blanket'd DR'd "CC-chain"

Something has to be done about how many interrupts are in the game and while MOP offers 50% scaling reduction to melee abilities so my next suggestion might not even need be considered, but with the current state of burst abilities like Strangulate, CounterSpell, Silence, etc. should break on x-amount of damage.

Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The main problem I see with interrupts right now (as far as melee is concerned) is that they are off the gcd and that even if you juke the interrupt, the spell can easily be stopped with another ability.

Take UH Dk's for example:
    Mindfreeze
    Deathgrip
    Gnaw
    Leap (if ghoul is transformed)
    Strangulate
    and god help you if he/she is a Blood Elf for the racial aoe blanket.

I realize that most melee don't have this many "interrupts" but I think it does a good job of illustrating the problem.

Edit: I see this has already been addressed >.>
Edited by Supaflex on 2/25/2012 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Like I said it isn't a fix all.

I am not an advocate of massive game defining changes that happen all at once.

I think that if Blizzard took their time, made lots of small changes slowly, then this game would be so much better. Change the game in a large way but do it in increments.

I personally think this change can help but isn't massive enough to break one or another class.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I agree as well. Trying to play a resto shaman with a rogue and DK on you is a NIGHTMARE. Juked the DK, still can't cast cause kick is up, juke kick, freecast oh wait gouge, prolly gotta throw up a riptide or something, finally can cast oh nah jk deathgrip, try casting again lol nah pet stun, then !@#$%^- you've gotta juke the MF and kick again. After juking both of those, you're gonna get BE silenced or warstomped and gouged again fkalsfsafshifjaiag

Granted that's an extreme case, with no partners to peel, but it may happen in a BG or something. And even in a BG should that scenario be possible...that you CANNOT cast anything besides instants?

Moral of the story, casting needs to be able to happen again. Also, pushback and cast time reduction need to go the way of the dodo.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I don't mind the current interupt game! Keep same IMO!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Especially the part about wizards. The benefits of having a huge school lockout in conjunction with idiot proof blanket on top of it is pretty ridiculous. To be able to punish bad use of these 30-40 yard non-facing requirement interrupts is a very good thing.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
in reality its very hard to interupt people on an accurate basis unless its a healer. As a warlock i can easily fake 80% of interupts so you might as well make interupts go up in cd vs dps and vs healers just stay at normal cd. Even good healers know when you will try to fake cast them so you might as well just increase CS cd then with these logics.
Edited by Drzeusyqt on 2/25/2012 1:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Since everyone and their mother uses GladiatorLosa I try and abuse her when I'm healing. When my team doesn't need any heals I'll annoy the other team by casting Divine Light, stop, DL, stop, DL, stop, DL, stop. I've "juked" or coaxed rogues into ShadowStep kicking nothing. lul...but then I eat a redirect kidney or gouge.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
its not like juking an interupt is hard
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/25/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Voxy

It's kind of hard juking a Kidney Shot though.

Or a Gouge.

Or a Garrote.

Y'know, all of those fallback abilities of yours.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Sounds more like a Rogue/DK problem, tbh
Reply Quote
83 Undead Priest
02/25/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Areos

It's kind of hard juking a Kidney Shot though.

Or a Gouge.

Or a Garrote.

Y'know, all of those fallback abilities of yours.

if i had said it on this char would you be more inclined to believe me
Reply Quote
I know warriors are hurting at the moment, but one of the WORST designs for a talent in the game is gag order.

Hit your interrupt get a 4s lockout, get juked? 3s undispellable (I think) lockout. I'm not sure how many people actually use that spec - but I have come across quite a few melee cleaves (on my shaman) where the warrior uses it.

The lack of reward for juking is terrible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]