Affliction/Crit/Pvp

90 Undead Warlock
NOD
I know most people prefer to go Haste for Affliction. Anyone out there that has gone Crit instead? If so how is it? Just wondering if the DoT damage being more bursty would be good for catching people off guard and melting them quicker.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Not worth it. Haste actually speeds up the cast times as well as making things like Fear slightly easier to get out there, increases the amount of ticks you get per cast, and things of that nature. Most of the crit Affliction has comes straight from the talent Everlasting Affliction and the passive crit brought out by Intellect.

Crit is also on RNG, so it is just a little less predictable while Haste actually speeds up the melting process more reliably, while allowing the bonus crits as icing on the cake.
Reply Quote
My aff set is actually sitting on 25% crit, RBGs only I actually love it. You should still have around 7-12 haste though before DI, without it your peels will take to long.

Keep in mind I never let myself drop below 4k resil either. As that is one of the best areas to stay at while pushing offensive stats. If you are having survival issues shoot for 4300.

Edit: I would never suggest crit for arena.
Edited by Destromancer on 2/26/2012 6:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I wonder how mastery would do..
/ponder
Reply Quote
43 Human Paladin
I wonder how mastery would do..
/ponder

Your magnefient gnome beard and lock helm amazes me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]