Mage, What is your Average DPS on Dummy?

100 Draenei Mage
Just curious. Anyone who plays Mage, What is your Average DPS on a training Dummy using only your own buffs (no flask and food buffs also)? Please post for both spec if you want.

Here's mine:
Arcane: 23k-25k+
Fire: 21k+
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
30k iirc. I don't really do dummy on this guy because fire's rotation is insanely easy and mage dps increases unpredictably with raid buffs, imo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I was asked to do this the other day for the first time. A bit timid yet very curiously I went forth and beat up on the dummy unbuffed.

I sustained 18-20k arcane till I oom'd.

after a lil twinks at the reforger last night:
I sustained 20-22k arcane till I oom'd.

I guess there are firsts for everything, but there it is.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
If you're OOM as arcane, you're doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
I usually pull between 19k and 22k during Conserve and 30k during burn.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
02/27/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Mageski

Well no, if you end a boss fight with mana you're doin it wrong.
Edited by Lilspinner on 2/27/2012 11:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
18k dps on raid dummy , my dps can pretty much be served as benchmark for arcane.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
You should really say how long on the target dummy you are doing it for...I generally go for 500 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/27/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Nomethegnome
You should really say how long on the target dummy you are doing it for...I generally go for 500 seconds.

Also if you're hitting a dummy within a few yards of another dummy. Fire and frost both benefit from this, and arcane does not.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
i can start the first minute at like 21 -23 then when i level out my recount after like 3-5 minutes comes down and usually end up like 18k.. Is this about right for single target Raiddummy fire sound?? for my current gear?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Recount stops recording it as combat when you Evocate. Use a different program for determining your numbers on the target dummy. Or capture the combat and parse it on worldoflogs.com
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
i just reset my recount before the fight and set overall damage.
about 27-28k with 3 burn phases and 3 conserve phases, ending when my magemanabar tells me 4th burn is ready.

i then switched to fire but didnt do any reforging and did like 9k. for the whole duration until i was oom, hot streak did not proc a single time. LOL
Reply Quote
Gear also plays a huge part in dps.

@Sethmann. What addon would record properly after evocation?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Haven't checked it closely, but it's about 18k as arcane over about 20 min
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
About 27k self buffed as fire. I haven't been arcane in a long time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
12,000,000 damage

Fire- 28-30k
Arc- 24-26k

Single target no spreading dots thats cheating, no flasks or pots, only self buffed. Each spec was ran 3 different times stoping around 12 mil damage
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
02/27/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Lilspinner

Well no, if you end a boss fight with mana you're doin it wrong.

Arcane mage should never be below 25-30% mana, You should end the boss fight with burn phase but ideally you should time it so that you are ending at 25-30% mana. you could go to 0% mana but I'd like to know how much your last AB hits for if you like to go OOM on boss fights.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]