Is Blizzard done with race/class combos?

59 Draenei Death Knight
So, as the title says, can I still hope that they'll add more race/class combos? :)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Still hoping for gnome paladins/hunters.
Moreso hunters
Reply Quote
63 Human Mage
I hope not. I want them to add Tauren Mages into the game. I don't care if they use retcons or not.
Reply Quote
I think I may be the only person who doesn't want every race to play every class. I just don't think it always makes sense. And a lot of the ones they add seem to stretch the lore a little as it is.

If all races are exactly the same, why are you playing different races?
I like them being different. I like there being more then pure aesthetics in the decision of what you're playing. (Or even more than just what their bonuses are.)

Hell, I'd love different class/race combos to have different starting quests, because what your class is has a huge influence on who you are, but I doubt that would happen anytime soon (and would likely be a thread of its own.)

Mind you, I like to rp, and that influences my decision heavily. Nonetheless, that's my two cents.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
90 Tauren Paladin
I went from Blood Elf to Tauren for this expansion. I want a Pandaren Paladin damnit!
Reply Quote
15 Night Elf Druid
02/29/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Jhudiel
I'm pretty sure Cata was their opportunity to add everything that they wanted to.

Yeah, and some of those were a bit of a stretch. So I'd say they're done as well.
Reply Quote
59 Draenei Death Knight
02/29/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Jhudiel
I'm pretty sure Cata was their opportunity to add everything that they wanted to.

Stop trying to crush my hope!!

I think I may be the only person who doesn't want every race to play every class. I just don't think it always makes sense. And a lot of the ones they add seem to stretch the lore a little as it is.

If all races are exactly the same, why are you playing different races?
I like them being different. I like there being more then pure aesthetics in the decision of what you're playing. (Or even more than just what their bonuses are.)

Hell, I'd love different class/race combos to have different starting quests, because what your class is has a huge influence on who you are, but I doubt that would happen anytime soon (and would likely be a thread of its own.)

Mind you, I like to rp, and that influences my decision heavily. Nonetheless, that's my two cents.

In my opinion, lore shouldnt be something that stopped new things but something that could be used for new things.
Edited by Lantermaster on 2/29/2012 1:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
No way. You think they'd give up on all the money they make from race changes to the new race combos?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
02/29/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Lantermaster
So, as the title says, can I still hope that they'll add more race/class combos? :)

Lots more are coming in MoP!!!

pandaren/x

and

x/monk

I can't wait!! Actually... I think I'll just stick with my human paladin that I've played since vanilla.
Reply Quote

In my opinion, lore shouldnt be something that stopped new things but something that could be used for new things.

I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.
Reply Quote
Undead Paladins!

The Light...it burrrrrnnnnnsssss..
Reply Quote
59 Draenei Death Knight

I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

Ok, let me try again:

Lore shouldnt be like a wall that doesnt allow new things. Thats what I meant. Create more lore. Thats what they are doing in MoP and I really appreciate it.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
90 Tauren Paladin
02/29/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Camelhoarder
I want to see an Enhancement Gnome Shaman.

Hey, do you have the grey camel? I hear it's a rare mount.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/29/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Lantermaster

Well, we're adding the pandaren and monk in Mists of Pandaria and the monk class will be available to all races save for goblin and worgen, so you could say that, "yes, we're still adding new race/class combos." That said, we want to make sure that when we add things like this that they make sense for the longevity of the game so we can't make any guarantees as to what or how often these will be added into the game. Balancing new classes into the game is a bit more difficult than adding a new race, but there are obviously complexities to both.
Edited by Nethaera on 2/29/2012 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
I might as well throw out my hopeless request for Night Elf paladins. It's supported by lore, and the Alliance hasn't gotten a new paladin race since BC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]