Is Blizzard done with race/class combos?

100 Undead Warlock
NOD
02/29/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Nethaera
So, as the title says, can I still hope that they'll add more race/class combos? :)

Well, we're adding the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/pandaren/"]pandaren[/url] and [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/monk/"]monk [/url]in [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/"]Mists of Pandaria[/url] and the monk class will be available to all races save for goblin and worgen, so you could say that, "yes, we're still adding new race/class combos." That said, we want to make sure that when we add things like this that they make sense for the longevity of the game so we can't make any guarantees as to what or how often these will be added into the game. Balancing new classes into the game is a bit more difficult than adding a new race, but there are obviously complexities to both.

WTB Blood Elf Druid plz.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I really hope not. They should just remove all restrictions already. Players should be considered individuals that follow their own path. Even if not, there's plenty of possibilities to create lore supporting all classes and combos.

Only Forsaken Paladin would require some developement on the class if what I think it's really true. Well, the idea is to give a "shadow priest" spec to them. So, the Forsaken can be those plate shadow warriors. Problem solved. And as a suggestion, a DPS spec based on 1h weapons and shields, like an elemental shaman, but instead of caster, melee dps that uses the shield to atk as much as the 1h weapon with Shadow spells.

Also, I don't really know why they talk about possible restrictions when they just threw the Monk class to all races but Goblin and Worgen. And it's not a matter of starting zones. Draenei and Blood Elves are not getting ANY update on their zones nor their lore (AKA Lor'themar Theron short-story). Most likely it's just the models. Which makes me even more sad, because the Female Worgen model have a bunch of glitches and they're not going to rework the model with all others.

Those ARE NOT Draenei, those are Man'ari.

All Draenei are Eredar
All Man'ari are Eredar
Not all Eredar are Draenei
Not all Eredar are Man'ari
No Draenei are Man'ari
Draenei and Man'ari are mutually exclusive

Draenei are just the ones who escaped. A name, a definition, nothing else. It's still the same biology. They're all Eredar, Man'ari and Draenei when the matter is "race". The ones on the Burning Legion are just corrupted, turned into demons. That's all.

Shut ur mouth. Alliance only has 2 shammy races and horde has 4.

And 5 warlocks, while Alliance have 4.

Oh man, you wanna say the same thing? The Shaman doesn't co-exist with any one race better on the Horde side anywhere NEAR as much as the Paladin does with ALL of the races on the Alliance side. It's like Blizzard said, "We want to let a couple alliance races be Shaman!!! That would be KOOL! But... If we do.... we'll have to throw the Horde some scraps under the table while we're making alliance players kool. Someone might end up complaining that we're favoring them or something.... /sigh"

Oh, not to mention that ALL races can be mages on the Alliance side... and the Priest too!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/29/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Martouff
They made a contract with the elements. A lot more literal than usual, but still a trade agreement. It's a stretch, but not too much of one. The other two mentioned are the ones Goblins can't play.

<.<

^.^

>.>

That is me, rolling my eyes.

As you can see, from your statement, the lore is crap. They made a contract with the elements? LOL. Like I said, Blizzard can and will do anything they want. All they have to do is make up some cheesy lore, and you guys will act like it's gospel.

This is World of Warcraft. This is their creation. The world changes based on what they see is necessary or progressive. What "cheesy" lore they come up with -is- gospel.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I would just like to be able to fly in the BC Azeroth zones!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Gnome hunters! Every gnome in the game is armed to the teeth with rifles, ray guns and electric knives.
Reply Quote
11 Blood Elf Paladin
i want a night elf warlock :(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I want a Night Elf Paladin, Goblin/Orc Paladin. (Orc because Eitrigg is part of the Argent Crusade in WotLK in Zul'Drak's Argent Stand. I'm sure it can be worked around).

Also, another shaman race for Alliance :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/01/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Plagueus

Well, we're adding the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/pandaren/"]pandaren[/url] and [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/monk/"]monk [/url]in [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/"]Mists of Pandaria[/url] and the monk class will be available to all races save for goblin and worgen, so you could say that, "yes, we're still adding new race/class combos." That said, we want to make sure that when we add things like this that they make sense for the longevity of the game so we can't make any guarantees as to what or how often these will be added into the game. Balancing new classes into the game is a bit more difficult than adding a new race, but there are obviously complexities to both.

WTB Blood Elf Druid plz.

Yes Belf druids make more sense than gnome druids, Belfs are descended from the kaldorei, they are elfs. Sun druids even. Gnome hunters I can see also. Imo Gnome hunters and Belf Druids..not a stretch at all. And actually spacegoats could very well be warlocks given the races history
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
And why weren't draenei given any extra class(es) this xpac? i know you guys said we had too many, but that doesn't make sense...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Neth, I have a question.

I know you can't give out any details, but don't you think that Night Elf Paladins would make sense? If Tauren can use the sun, why can Night Elves not use the Moon? I feel it would make perfect sense, and give the paladins a 4th race on Alliance (Shaman have 4 races on Horde, it feels imbalanced).
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
IMHO:

Take your time on new race/class combos. I would rather wait for a good story that sets up these new possibilities rather than have them thrown in just for the heck of it. We need more of them eventually, but we don't need ridiculous or contrived ideas to shoehorn them into the game.

EDIT: This is not to say I don't want wild or controversial stuff. I think Draenei need warlocks and/or druids, Forsaken and a couple other races should get paladins, Gnomes could be shamans... I just would rather not have these things at all, than have them added to the game with an unconvincing story attached. Work this stuff into the story, instead of duct-taping it awkwardly onto the lore, and everything will be golden.
Edited by Llowe on 3/2/2012 8:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
27 Night Elf Druid
Once warriors can't have guns - which makes me mad actually - it only makes sense to have gnome hunters when there are all those gun-toting high tech gnome npcs. The original animal would be a species native to Dun Morogh, maybe a killer bunny :D or a little mechanical critter. It just makes sense.

I don't think size matters on this one when you've got pink pigtail warlocks roaming around with felguards.
Reply Quote
27 Night Elf Druid
Also I think there's plenty of justification for night elf warlocks given the Shen'drelar dark side. It would be a nice chance to expand on some very old lore. Their unwelcome from society as a whole would be part of the point.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
they arent too short to be a druid
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
So, as the title says, can I still hope that they'll add more race/class combos? :)
stuffstuffstuff

Goblin and worgen shouldn't be left out for the monk class. You can jury rig them into the monk story line pretty easily.
Edited by Snowpaw on 3/2/2012 9:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I want a Night Elf Paladin, Goblin/Orc Paladin. (Orc because Eitrigg is part of the Argent Crusade in WotLK in Zul'Drak's Argent Stand. I'm sure it can be worked around).

Also, another shaman race for Alliance :(

Panda's can be shaman.
Reply Quote
61 Blood Elf Death Knight
Classes I want for Mists of Pandaria for the Main Races:

Blood Elf Druid- DRUID OF THE FLAME
Can have Eversong Lynx as cat form
Those tree things in the starting zone of Eversong Woods for the Treant Form
Not really sure for the bear though...
Moonkin form would be cool to see with more red hinted to it and the Blood Elves ears as well so it would be called a Bloodkin.
Dragonhawk as flying form

Gnome Hunter-
Starting Hunter Pet can be the Snow Leopard for them to use.
Just would be so damn awesome to run around and kill things as a little lawn gnome, or excuse me *Coughs*, just a Gnome, and Blizzard hope you read my ideas.

Everything else for the classes seem fine and I'll add some more if I need too.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]