Is Blizzard done with race/class combos?

97 Gnome Mage
Yeah a snow leopard would be an ideal gnome hunter pet. If you wand something mechanical, I refer you to the 1995 movie "Screamers"
Reply Quote
47 Blood Elf Mage
I agree. Gnomes should be able to roll hunters. They could have little mini bows. :3

But no Gnome paladin.

Or shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I am still waiting for Night Elf shaman.

Oh, and pallies. We've been hanging out with these light infested humans long enough, and even the lesser blood elves picked it up by now. Can't be that hard.

Also, we're immortal again, right? World tree at Hyjal repaired and all. Just checking, because the only lore the night elves got this expansion was getting their faces owned in most conflicts with the horde.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
If they change the names and altered the spell/skill names and animations, I would like to play Night Elves Paladins. They would be like a Sunwalkers, but instead of Sun, would be the Moon. A Warrior of the Light of Elune. Colors, names, everything more arcane/moon like.
Edited by Silves on 3/3/2012 11:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Now that we've had a long talk about gnome hunters...why not pandren Druids? I would really like to see one. Both factions would get a Druid . Yay! Anyone else share this idea?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/29/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Nethaera
So, as the title says, can I still hope that they'll add more race/class combos? :)

Well, we're adding the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/pandaren/"]pandaren[/url] and [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/monk/"]monk [/url]in [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/"]Mists of Pandaria[/url] and the monk class will be available to all races save for goblin and worgen, so you could say that, "yes, we're still adding new race/class combos." That said, we want to make sure that when we add things like this that they make sense for the longevity of the game so we can't make any guarantees as to what or how often these will be added into the game. Balancing new classes into the game is a bit more difficult than adding a new race, but there are obviously complexities to both.

Honestly, Neth, I'd kinda rather see you guys fix the existing classes before adding any new ones. For example, Paladins - Holy Paladins would make a great melee healer (and people have been asking for this for years), Prot's pretty much useless in PvP if ANY of the other tanks are present, and Ret has been a mess this whole expansion in PvP and PvE.

...but the Monk is going to be the "active melee healer" and will likely be getting a lot of the cool stuff that the Paladin class has been needing for a while.

It's kinda like when DKs were released. Enhance Shaman had been asking for a number of changes to their class for years. Bliz added these changes to the game...for the DK class. Various parts of the rotation, the buffs, and Path of Frost (no reagent, raidwide, usable while mounted - totally blows Water Walking out of the...uh...water.)

So honestly, I'd rather that development time be used on the existing classes instead of a new one, but that's just me. And yes, the team that makes and balances new classes is PROBABLY the same team that balances and changes existing classes, so this is actually a rational critique. :p It's not like I'm telling you to put the pet battle team on class balance, I know better than that, tyvm. :p

But yeah, one problem with adding new classes/races is that when it happens, and this is entirely understandable (though unfortunate), it gets all the attention and most of the new creative energies. It's like the new toy, puppy, or grandchild in a family - everyone gives it lots of attention and tends to give less to the not-new things in the family.

I see a lot of talk and ideas for the Monk that would be AWESOME if they had been put in some of the existing classes. For example, many of the tanking ideas would be awesome to see in a Shaman tanking spec. Many of the "melee healing" ideas would be AWESOME to see on a Holy Paladin and bring back the Judgement of Light days (remember when we could Judge the enemy and it would heal all of our allies attacking it? Or Judgement of Wisdom, where we could help our raid's mana regen?)

...but no, all these creative ideas and energies are going into the Monk class instead.

As I said, I can understand it...I just consider it unfortunate because it would be cool to see these ideas applied to the existing classes to make them better and more interesting. And you can't give me the, "We don't want to change too much," argument when you're basically redesigning how specs and talents work. :) Once again, I iz smurt. :p

It's a flavor thing, people love the idea of a new class...but at the end of the day (read: expansion), it'll just be one more class. Just like people see DKs now as just "one of the classes" and Horde see Paladins and Alliance see Shamans as "one of the classes". It's a big deal when it's first released, but in the long run, it becomes just another cog in the system. And I wonder sometimes if it'd be a better idea to fix the cogs already in the mix then introduce a shiny new one that will eventually fade to being just like all the others...and none of them being in perfect working condition...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I will say that undead paladins, druids, and shaman don't seem like very good ideas. Of them, you could probably throw mostly behind the paladins, because apparently you can still do Light based stuff as forsaken, but the nature casters seem... out of place as zombies.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
03/03/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Arthinas

Well, we're adding the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/pandaren/"]pandaren[/url] and [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/monk/"]monk [/url]in [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/"]Mists of Pandaria[/url] and the monk class will be available to all races save for goblin and worgen, so you could say that, "yes, we're still adding new race/class combos." That said, we want to make sure that when we add things like this that they make sense for the longevity of the game so we can't make any guarantees as to what or how often these will be added into the game. Balancing new classes into the game is a bit more difficult than adding a new race, but there are obviously complexities to both.

Honestly, Neth, I'd kinda rather see you guys fix the existing classes before adding any new ones. For example, Paladins - Holy Paladins would make a great melee healer (and people have been asking for this for years), Prot's pretty much useless in PvP if ANY of the other tanks are present, and Ret has been a mess this whole expansion in PvP and PvE.

...but the Monk is going to be the "active melee healer" and will likely be getting a lot of the cool stuff that the Paladin class has been needing for a while.

It's kinda like when DKs were released. Enhance Shaman had been asking for a number of changes to their class for years. Bliz added these changes to the game...for the DK class. Various parts of the rotation, the buffs, and Path of Frost (no reagent, raidwide, usable while mounted - totally blows Water Walking out of the...uh...water.)

So honestly, I'd rather that development time be used on the existing classes instead of a new one, but that's just me. And yes, the team that makes and balances new classes is PROBABLY the same team that balances and changes existing classes, so this is actually a rational critique. :p It's not like I'm telling you to put the pet battle team on class balance, I know better than that, tyvm. :p

But yeah, one problem with adding new classes/races is that when it happens, and this is entirely understandable (though unfortunate), it gets all the attention and most of the new creative energies. It's like the new toy, puppy, or grandchild in a family - everyone gives it lots of attention and tends to give less to the not-new things in the family.

I see a lot of talk and ideas for the Monk that would be AWESOME if they had been put in some of the existing classes. For example, many of the tanking ideas would be awesome to see in a Shaman tanking spec. Many of the "melee healing" ideas would be AWESOME to see on a Holy Paladin and bring back the Judgement of Light days (remember when we could Judge the enemy and it would heal all of our allies attacking it? Or Judgement of Wisdom, where we could help our raid's mana regen?)

...but no, all these creative ideas and energies are going into the Monk class instead.

As I said, I can understand it...I just consider it unfortunate because it would be cool to see these ideas applied to the existing classes to make them better and more interesting. And you can't give me the, "We don't want to change too much," argument when you're basically redesigning how specs and talents work. :) Once again, I iz smurt. :p

It's a flavor thing, people love the idea of a new class...but at the end of the day (read: expansion), it'll just be one more class. Just like people see DKs now as just "one of the classes" and Horde see Paladins and Alliance see Shamans as "one of the classes". It's a big deal when it's first released, but in the long run, it becomes just another cog in the system. And I wonder sometimes if it'd be a better idea to fix the cogs already in the mix then introduce a shiny new one that will eventually fade to being just like all the others...and none of them being in perfect working condition...

This, totally.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
NEWS FLASH: gnomes can be monks, goblins can only be priests.
Further proof of the superiority of the gnomish race.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Priest
I want gnome shamans!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I just want a new horde pally race...my tauren makes me want to gouge my eyes out
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I hope after mist they add a bard!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Forsaken Paladins, please and thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
In destroying Nordrassil to prevent the return of the Burning Legion, the night elves made the ultimate sacrifice: that of their immortality. They have founded the city of Darnassus on the ill-planned and unblessed new World Tree of Teldrassil, and are trying to reclaim the forest’s inhabitants from the madness spread by the demonic corruption of the Third War.

This is from something wiki wow whatever. Nordrassil is fine now. Not a new one, not an unblessed one, the same damned one!

gimme muh immortality back lore devs!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]