Is Blizzard done with race/class combos?

100 Human Paladin
Why can't Worgens punch people in the face? :(

Anything to do with technical issues such as having to rework a recently added race to add new Monk animations, or just some lore reason? I'd love to play one as i am a huge Worgen fan.

Because of the way the Worgen and Goblin starting zones are phased. They take place during Deathwing's re-emergence which will always place them in the past before Azeroth encounters the Panderan so there wouldn't be monk trainers then.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Would a Gnome monk be Yoda!light?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I'm surprised that Blizzard didn't just ignore the point of this post and shut it down for using the word Blizzard in the title.
Reply Quote
71 Gnome Warlock
02/29/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Nethaera
That too is always a possibility if the developers feel it makes sense, but it would still incur some amount of additional development to make it all fit within the world both in terms of the story and in terms of items/gear.

*pokes you with a gnomadin on a stick*

Still hoping for gnome paladins/hunters.
Moreso hunters

Gnomes can never be hunters. They're too short to use a bow.

Gnomes have too many pure-DPS classes already. Don't need another one. No hunters.
Reply Quote
How does Panda Rogue make sense? How can a panda hide? How does a Tauren Monk make sense? They could barely life their legs that high.
Reply Quote
71 Gnome Warlock
02/29/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Lantermaster
We can say the same about Blood Elves/Draeneis....unless they have an evil plan to revampt those zones.

belf/draenei zones, like all the rest, are deliberately ambiguous in their point of occurence.

Goblin and Worgen are the only ones given a specific timeframe.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/29/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Kidret

I have no doubt that should the name "yogurt" not be taken by the time the combo is available, it will be shortly thereafter.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Neth, you guys need to appease us Gnomes.

We really really want another healing class. Pally or Shaman would be awesome.

I guess I'd settle for hunter, but come on!

You'd make $$$ off of a lot of race changes!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
02/29/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Teyla
I might as well throw out my hopeless request for Night Elf paladins. It's supported by lore, and the Alliance hasn't gotten a new paladin race since BC.

Considering most of the Alliance is capable of being a Paladin to begin with, that isn't saying much.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
I demand Forsaken Pallies, Gnome hunters and Troll warlocks
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
02/29/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Nethaera

I have no doubt that should the name "yogurt" not be taken by the time the combo is available, it will be shortly thereafter.

"The Schwartz is Strong with this One"
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest

Brb saving a name :P

I havent seen that movie in a long time. So far the only race/class combo that is needed is Gnome Hunter. All other races can be hunter but not Gnomes. Also i think alliance is short one combo (maybe idk im not sure actually lol)
Edited by Robertos on 2/29/2012 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Still hoping for human shamans
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
02/29/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Nethaera
So, as the title says, can I still hope that they'll add more race/class combos? :)

Well, we're adding the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/pandaren/"]pandaran[/url] and [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/monk/"]monk [/url]in [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/"]Mists of Pandaria[/url] and the monk class will be available to all races save for goblin and worgen, so you could say that, "yes, we're still adding new race/class combos." That said, we want to make sure that when we add things like this that they make sense for the longevity of the game so we can't make any guarantees as to what or how often these will be added into the game. Balancing new classes into the game is a bit more difficult than adding a new race, but there are obviously complexities to both.

I say this with love, because I know you care about spelling. It's "pandaren", not "pandaran". *hug*
Reply Quote
36 Blood Elf Priest
Probably wont see any new race/class combos added for another expansion or two after MoP..... which is a good ways away.
Reply Quote
02/29/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Abeblinkcoln
How does Panda Rogue make sense? How can a panda hide? How does a Tauren Monk make sense? They could barely life their legs that high.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSFicOkR18A
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/29/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Nethaera

Is the ring bogus?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]