Is Blizzard done with race/class combos?

85 Gnome Priest
02/29/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Ahngelique
I want to see an Enhancement Gnome Shaman.

just no!

no more gnome anything. Gnomes still in game is bad enough they don'e need any more class additions.

LOL.

...okay Squidward.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
02/29/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Martouff
Why Gnome and not Goblin?

Gnomes are the least represented race in the game.
actually no, dwarves are
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
02/29/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Ahngelique
I want to see an Enhancement Gnome Shaman.

just no!

no more gnome anything. Gnomes still in game is bad enough they don'e need any more class additions.

Gnome Hunters already exist in mass amounts throughout the game and Gnomish camps.

Gnomes have the least amount of race/class combos in the game and could use 1 to even them up.

Gnome shooting animations already exist so it's not like they can't use ranged weapons.

Every race can be Hunter except Gnome.

Gnome Hunters would require zero stretch of lore whatsoever, unlike many other race/class combos.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
02/29/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Ijiek

Gnomes are the least represented race in the game.
actually no, dwarves are

Not the least played... The least represented as far as available classes.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Worgen monk ;3
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I've wanted to be a gnome druid for about 6 1/2 years now. My angry, hateful thoughts when that wasn't one of the new Cata combos made Baby Jesus cry rivers of blood for my soul.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Make DEMON HUNTARDZ!!BLIZZ!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
02/29/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Dirona
Make DEMON HUNTARDZ!!BLIZZ!!!!

They are but it is in Diablo 3 /giggity ;3
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

I think what Lanter is asking about if races will get other classes. Remember how Cata got Human Hunters, Night Elf Mages, Tauren Paladins, etc...?

That too is always a possibility if the developers feel it makes sense, but it would still incur some amount of additional development to make it all fit within the world both in terms of the story and in terms of items/gear.

Neth, I have a question for you on this. How come all of the races with racials that would most benefit ret in PVP (Undead, Gnome, Worgen, and Goblin) can't be paladins? From a lore standpoint, any race that can have warriors and priests can easily be adapted to include paladins, as paladins are a combination of the two in the lore. All of those races would be amazing for ret paladins in PVP, yet we can't be any of them. Is this intentional?
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
02/29/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Ghaea
Considering most of the Alliance is capable of being a Paladin to begin with, that isn't saying much.

Three of the Alliance races can be paladins. That's 50%, which is not "most." Come MoP, it will be less then 50%. Whereas the Horde has four shaman races, which will be five in MoP.

Worgen paladins or pandadins would also be an acceptable solution.
Edited by Teyla on 2/29/2012 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Honestly, with the Sunwell being restored, maybe certain Sin'Dorei could begin calling the spirits and learning from their Orcish Tauren and Troll brothers of the horde and become Shaman? I for one would love it. It might not make sense, i don't know ALL the lore, but i'm just adding my .02
Reply Quote
Yeah we really need night elf paladins please!!!! :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Once Druid was allowed to Tauren, all sense of Class/Race lore was ignored. It only got worse then it was allowed to Worgen which spit on the idea of what makes a Druid.

you mean... since release?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
02/29/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Kataclyzmik
Once Druid was allowed to Tauren, all sense of Class/Race lore was ignored. It only got worse then it was allowed to Worgen which spit on the idea of what makes a Druid.

you mean... since release?

They also forget that Taurens have a claim to being the first Druids, the same as Night Elves.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Night Elf Paladins

Night Elf Warlocks.

i just love shadowmeld that much. i cant play those ^ classes because of no shadowmeld.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
02/29/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Preaplanes
If we added onto the other races, we'd wind up with races that have pretty much every class and no good explanation in Lore. We've already had quite a stretch for the Tauren getting Paladins and Priests.

Er, and Undead getting Hunters, and Gnomes getting Priests, and Dwarves getting Shaman, and BE's getting Warriors, and....

the list goes on.

The lore is already shot. They can make anything happen that they want, and they'll find a way to make it make sense to all the lore fanatics.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
02/29/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Martouff
If we added onto the other races, we'd wind up with races that have pretty much every class and no good explanation in Lore. We've already had quite a stretch for the Tauren getting Paladins and Priests.

Er, and Undead getting Hunters, and Gnomes getting Priests, and Dwarves getting Shaman, and BE's getting Warriors, and....

the list goes on.

The lore is already shot. They can make anything happen that they want, and they'll find a way to make it make sense to all the lore fanatics.

Actually of all of the additions in Cataclysm, only Gnome Priests, Tauren Paladins, and Orc Magi were stretches of lore. Everything else fit fine.

They could still add Gnome Hunters with zero stretches at all. Surprised it didn't get added in Cataclysm given Gnomes are 1 combo short.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]