World PvP Event: Second War reenactment.

85 Night Elf Druid
http://www.wowwiki.com/Second_War

No flying once battle has commenced.

3 pvp events total, one per night.

If you die you may run back. Graveyards still need scouting to provide fairness.

These are the events I was thinking about.

"Thandol Span was a pivotal battleground in the Second War, constantly shifting in possession between the two factions."

Thandol Span: Both sides start at opposite ends of the bridge. First side to have control (severely outnumber the enemy) of the middle wins. Best 2 out of 3 wins the entire battle.

"During the Second War, the island was invaded by the Horde, the fortress sacked, and the sacred runestone captured. The stone was hewn into pieces which were used to create the Altars of Storms, arcane structures which allowed Gul'dan to instill magic into the Horde's ogre allies."

Caer Darrow: one Defend, one attack, /roll from leaders to determine who is first. Each side will have a designated leader. You will need to kill this leader to win. best 2 out of 3, with a 20 minute time limit.

"With the Horde forces thus weakened, the Alliance laid siege to the fortress of Blackrock. In order to break the siege, Doomhammer and what followers he had left charged out of the Spire and attacked Lord Lothar and his Paladins."

Blackrock Mountain: Each side will start at each entrance. Winner decided by haveing full control and scattering the enemy team, like thandol span. I would make it control of middle but elemental and boomkins would be too OP there.

Need a horde representative to coordinate things Horde side.

I made this at work, am still here typing even though we are closed and I was supposed to leave. Things are unfinished or not thought out throughly.

I would be happy even if just 3 or 4 people showed up for these.

Dates TBD.

Discuss.
Edited by Keimatsu on 2/29/2012 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Need horde side representative to gather support horde side, please post here or whisper me in game to let me know if you're interested.
Edited by Keimatsu on 3/3/2012 10:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
oh this sounds like a ton of fun... if people would play by the rules -_-

regardless i would most likely be down depending on time

it prob would be easiest to just do a one night thing
Edited by Jarshie on 3/1/2012 12:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yea rule breaking would suck, however, there are not any rules stated that unless broken on a large scale would make it a game changer.

These games may even end up with no real winner.

It is going to be one battle per night, and the next battle wouldn't happen for at least one week.

I'm most likely going to make it on a saturday or sunday in the afternoon and advertise it 2 weeks in advance to public channels on both sides.

I would still like some more input. Naysayers are welcome.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm in.

not sure the horde has the stones for this though...i heard they don't like to pvp anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I think it's a great idea. My only concern is the proportion of Horde to Alliance, as Baelgun is rather Alliance heavy over Horde, throwing things off. Though that may be just part of the "historical revision" theme going for this.

I'd attend for sure assuming scheduling permits.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Shaman
This sounds fun.

I'll be the one getting one shot in pve gear.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
bump
Reply Quote
65 Worgen Death Knight
Horde and Alliance will fight. There needs to be no other conditions for victory. Blood will suffice.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
03/11/2012 10:12 PMPosted by Drßeasty
Horde and Alliance will fight. There needs to be no other conditions for victory. Blood will suffice.

I like your style.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yeah you wont find any good horde players to be honest.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm in.

not sure the horde has the stones for this though...i heard they don't like to pvp anymore.

Hmmm........How much is a server transfer?
Edited by Marathal on 3/20/2012 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Thanks for the idea. We are having our first World PvP event at the end of the month. Using the Thandol span fight.

We all need to get everyone out of the cities and back into the world. We are all getting bored and lazy.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Update. Last night 37 horde showed. We were outnumbered almost 2-1. Some on the horde side charged in early and the Alliance swarmed to our side of the bridge quickly. The battle was over in less than 5 minutes.

I had placed a battle standard 15 minutes prior and both sides were asked to wait for it to despawn before going.

On the plus side there is a lot of interest in doing it again. TY for the idea
Reply Quote
http://www.wowwiki.com/Second_War

No flying once battle has commenced.

3 pvp events total, one per night.

If you die you may run back. Graveyards still need scouting to provide fairness.

These are the events I was thinking about.
"Thandol Span was a pivotal battleground in the Second War, constantly shifting in possession between the two factions."

Thandol Span: Both sides start at opposite ends of the bridge. First side to have control (severely outnumber the enemy) of the middle wins. Best 2 out of 3 wins the entire battle.

"During the Second War, the island was invaded by the Horde, the fortress sacked, and the sacred runestone captured. The stone was hewn into pieces which were used to create the Altars of Storms, arcane structures which allowed Gul'dan to instill magic into the Horde's ogre allies."

Caer Darrow: one Defend, one attack, /roll from leaders to determine who is first. Each side will have a designated leader. You will need to kill this leader to win. best 2 out of 3, with a 20 minute time limit.

"With the Horde forces thus weakened, the Alliance laid siege to the fortress of Blackrock. In order to break the siege, Doomhammer and what followers he had left charged out of the Spire and attacked Lord Lothar and his Paladins."

Blackrock Mountain: Each side will start at each entrance. Winner decided by haveing full control and scattering the enemy team, like thandol span. I would make it control of middle but elemental and boomkins would be too OP there.

Need a horde representative to coordinate things Horde side.

I made this at work, am still here typing even though we are closed and I was supposed to leave. Things are unfinished or not thought out throughly.

I would be happy even if just 3 or 4 people showed up for these.

Dates TBD.

Discuss.

I would love to attend, of course. If my schedule admits. Gimme the date, and time, and I'll be there if permitted with all my pals!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
An idea for you. We placed a battle standard at mid span, now if you go to the very edge of the bride it will despawn so you need to be a bit closer. We also made a wall of raid markers as a do not cross line.

We still had a few that tried to get an early start but all in all it went very smoothly except for the 37 vs 58 part lol
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Damn! didn't see you post in here :( let me know if you want to coordinate something together i'd love to stop hitting org and do some open world pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Sorry Keimatsu. Different server. I had an Iron man challenge Alt on Baelgun. Saw your original post. Its a great idea, just need to watch for those that want to try and start off sooner than planned.

We were all lined up on either side, a couple of Horde players flew over to the far side just before the fight was supposed to start and flagged up, trying to start teh fight sooner. So of course all 58 Alliance charged and were 3/4 of the way across before we knew what hit us. The lag is huge. Recommend turning your settings down some.

Shot of the Alliance side lined up.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534758_2871001253418_1211482069_32114339_881790321_n.jpg

About 30 seconds into the fight

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/523885_2871002333445_1211482069_32114341_1525421512_n.jpg

5 minutes in from the horde side.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/560503_3596626245256_1561477346_33079197_1272538151_n.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]