Please hotfix fury

90 Orc Warrior
I recently changed spec to arms to help out in guild progression. Arms is not my preferred spec, but right now it's doing significantly more DPS. I made a sample of the disparity in DPS:

Fury DPS on LFR Zon'ozz:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/wowscrnshot030212194759.jpg/

Arms DPS on LFR Zon'ozz:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/wowscrnshot030212203554.jpg/

There's a 6K difference in DPS. I'm not the best fury player, but I've been fury a lot longer than I have arms, and my fury DPS doesn't come close to the DPS that arms does. If I had to pinpoint the weaknesses of fury compared to arms:

1) Extremely hit-reliant (if you'll notice in the screenshot, I have 19% hit as fury), which cuts into crit and mastery

2) Weak mastery (notice arms mastery accounts for 10% of my DPS, while fury mastery is abysmal since it starts at 2 rather than 8)

3) Arms mastery synergizes well with Gurthalak, leading to increased procs

4) Arms has nearly guaranteed crit chance and a mere 5 rage cost with overpower, while fury struggles to maintain enrage effects for raging blow, and raging blow does minimal damage with fury's lacking mastery

5) Slam is a better damage filler than heroic strike

6) Arms has nearly constant uptime on colossus smash with the combination of sudden death and the t13 four piece bonus

Please take note and do something to address the weaknesses of fury, I don't want my favorite spec to become obsolete
Reply Quote
92 Human Hunter
Welcome to the rotating specs. Even though bliz says they don't want to do it. You know they buff specs to rotate the top dps spec around for classes. Look at hunters, SV pretty much the best spec until you got the best gear at the start of the expansion... Nerfed hard core putting MM at the top for almost everything, and now SV is the top spec until you get the best gear again. I only wonder when BM is going to get that spotlight, my guess is somewhere in the middle of MoP.

All I can say is stick it out, fury will become the top DPS spec again, just keep up with your classes buffs and nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
It might be because that all your gear is tanking gear.

Of course, your armory probably just died.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Expansion is done dude, spec Arms and wait until MoP.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
At least you can go Arms without affecting your raid group. I'm probably going to go back Fury just because the 5% crit buff is missing ever since our Feral Druid and Ele Shaman went on hiatus. Also, I don't like Arms so there's that.

Edited for clarity: It's not that I really dislike Arms, it's just that I enjoy Fury more.
Edited by Nodokk on 3/3/2012 11:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Fury isn't any worse off than Ret or Unholy. You don't need a buff, Arms needs the piss taken out of it, along with Fire Mages (yes... again, because clearly the first time wasn't enough).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
03/03/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Lumineus
Fury isn't any worse off than Ret or Unholy. You don't need a buff, Arms needs the piss taken out of it, along with Fire Mages (yes... again, because clearly the first time wasn't enough).

Fire leveled out after the nerf. It only shows up stupidly high on Top 100 due to getting the absurd buffed stacked RNG outliers.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
At least you can go Arms without affecting your raid group. I'm probably going to go back Fury just because the 5% crit buff is missing ever since our Feral Druid and Ele Shaman went on hiatus. Also, I don't like Arms so there's that.

Edited for clarity: It's not that I really dislike Arms, it's just that I enjoy Fury more.

Do you have anyone else bringing the increase to physical damage? That's something to consider over the crit if you don't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Do you have anyone else bringing the increase to physical damage? That's something to consider over the crit if you don't.

I would like to think that 5% crit on all physical abilities would be better than a flat 4% increase to physical damage since:
1) +5% crit is on average +5% damage
2) crit has synergy with other spells that flat damage doesn't.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
5% crit is not even close to 5% damage.

The worth to a raid depending on comp of 4% physical damage or 5% crit chance leans heavily to 4% physical damage.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
5% crit is not even close to 5% damage.

The worth to a raid depending on comp of 4% physical damage or 5% crit chance leans heavily to 4% physical damage.

Unless you're hardcore stacking rogues with their 150% poison crits, I can't believe that 4% phys can compete with 5% crit.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
Crit is devalued by multiple sources. A flat increase to damage is never devalued.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Yes but the 5% crit counts towards spell crit as well. It affects casters and healers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
sigh...trust me, fury is fine.
On equal footing, both specs are incredibly close.
I did an lfr with a fury warrior who had 2 403 Gurth's (yep, 2) and have a good mix of 384 and 397, much like myself.

At the end of ultraxion, our dps was different by less then 150

Blackhorn, the dps difference was less then 700

Spine, the dps was less then 850

And on madness she topped everyone with almost 60K

Fury is still a very viable spec aslong as you know what your doing, just like arms.

If you like fury, then stick with it. If you like arms, then stick with it and know that no matteer the choice you'll still be doing good dps.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
This is meaningless, since you're not controlling for skill. I guarantee that if that person went Arms (same skill level, different spec), they'd beat Fury on single-target, and completely destroy it on multi-target. I can go into LFR and 5 mans as Fury and beat people by absurd margins (like 2-3x in LFR, 10x in 5 mans), that doesn't make Fury good, it makes the average player bad.

The ONLY case in which Fury is better is very limited duration burst situations, which is Spine, but with all the nerfs even there Fury is kind of pointless. Any spec that got a flat -13% damage nerf with no compensation is going to suck, and that's what Fury got, and surprise! It sucks.

This.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Comparing abilities between Arms and Fury doesn't do anything, they're completely different specs. The only thing they need to do is put some damage back into dual wield spec (although I wouldn't mind a shorter CD on whirlwind).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]