Ultraxion Trash, the New Challenge ...

100 Human Mage
It appears the newest challenge to grace LFR (and some of my pugged runs) is the Ultraxion trash. I believe this trash now represents a 'boss' harder than all the other bosses in the place. I am amazed at how quickly the entire floor fills up with fire as people forget to taunt, interruipt, distracing shot, etc and tanks flail around uselessly trying to taunt and then miss drakes that are annoyingly back to flapping in the air just out of melee range. I so love jumping up and down to hit these guys, it's glorious!

I guess the morale of this story is be careful what you wish for... this event is no longer boring :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For the love of god they need to change it back for LFR!

It's fine on normal b/c you have non afk dps.

But in LFR, yea I agree. The trash is harder than Deathwing himself, because it assumes quite high dps, which is especially hard to achieve since melee have trouble hitting most of them.

So if Blizz is reading, PLEASE revert to the slower ultraxion trash for LFR!
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I've had one LFR run that managed to make it through with 4 people left standing but tonight's group wiped repeatedly. What's worse is there is no more RP once you wipe so people would reassemble, someone would talk and BAM - floor on fire with people standing kind of flat footed not expecting that.

We had a griefer on spine killing corruptions and still managed to wipe more on Ultra trash than anything else. Rather sad.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
I don't know what it is, but something unique to morchok and Ultraxion... people decide to take a 10 minute break as soon as they get inside the zone.

Like, talking to Kale then Thrall takes about 3 minutes, why it takes more than 3 minutes for people to respec, buff, drink w/e I don't know, but the afk people always come back and say "why didn't you ready check?".

anyways, the quality in the past couple weeks has got me down, I've quit queing on my real alts.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Well the only problem in part 1 is when people pull Hagara before the tank respecs/regears. However, we had a wonderful one this week where that happened and we managed to kill her with NO tanks. I was quite impressed although several people died from her aggro.

Part 2 though is becoming so bad I refuse to do it past Saturday now. I thought Sunday would be fine but it was 5 wipes on trash, 1 wipe on Ultra, and 2 wipes on spine because some new mage killed corruptions without stopping ever and 2nd wipe was the tank pulling the amalg thru 9 stacks when it's at 80% health. That run took 2 hours to get through.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
03/04/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Asanebally
I don't know what it is, but something unique to morchok and Ultraxion... people decide to take a 10 minute break as soon as they get inside the zone.

Oh this is because you get zoned in even if you don't click the button. I can queue up as a dps, head to the kitchen, make a sammich all without worrying that I'll get dumped out of the queue unlike LFD. They do it this way otherwise it would take forever waiting for people to click. Usually I only see 1-3 af which isn't why we wipe on Ultra trash.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
03/04/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Elm
Well the only problem in part 1 is when people pull Hagara before the tank respecs/regears.

Why are both your tanks dpsing trash on Hagara........ Usually they're both tank and 1 goes DPS on boss, which isn't a big deal because all the LFR tanks I get do less dps than tanking.

But ya, The raiders have mostly pulled out, and we're seeing how low the bar can go.

And it's not just that, like, it shows how many people confirm the que, usually its like 23 or 24 Checkmarks with a couple afks, but you pull the trash to Morchok and you had 9+ afks, and they all complain you didn't ready check............ for............ Morchok Trash.......
Edited by Asanebally on 3/4/2012 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
03/04/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Asanebally
Why are both your tanks dpsing trash on Hagara........ Usually they're both tank and 1 goes DPS on boss, which isn't a big deal because all the LFR tanks I get do less dps than tanking.

Not sure what happened with the tanks but one was in dps spec tank gear and the other was in tank spec but dps gear.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It's problematic but pugs do ok from what i've seen 1-2 attempts top.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Groups wiping on Ultra trash also tend to have tanks die to button clicking and/or enranger timer on Ultra.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
03/04/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Jesminia
Groups wiping on Ultra trash also tend to have tanks die to button clicking and/or enranger timer on Ultra.

I have literally never seen an enrage timer hit on Ultraxion in LFR.

The fact is, is that the drakes come way too fast in LFR. I'm a good tank and I have trouble doing anything but running around hitting taunt on that trash. Which would be fine if the drakes died in a reasonable amount of time. Everybody does fine in regular with that. In LFR though, it's not uncommon to have a pile of about 8 drakes still alive and beating on people if you make it through the event later in the week.

That has nothing to do with tanks not knowing about Fading light.

But the point is, I would rather wipe on the boss than trash that doesn't drop loot. Thus, this change needs to be reverted in LFR, especially because of the caliber of the groups on the weekend...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
It's a wake up call, Elm. There should be more of them in LFR...no, seriously.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
03/04/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Savario
It's fine on normal b/c you have non afk dps.

hahaha!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
03/05/2012 02:19 AMPosted by Savario
Thus, this change needs to be reverted in LFR

I dunno, leaving in small points of "challenge" isn't a bad thing.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
our 10 man core 2nd group has been stuck on ultraxxion for 2 weeks.. we 1 or 2 shot everything else... and yeah the trash pull is insane a feel terrible for the tanks on this encounter....
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
03/05/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Rattatat
our 10 man core 2nd group has been stuck on ultraxxion for 2 weeks.. we 1 or 2 shot everything else... and yeah the trash pull is insane a feel terrible for the tanks on this encounter....

oh cut it out. :)

if you want to see bad gauntlets try eredar twins trash.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
For me, Ultra LFR trash is second to Warlord on normal difficulty as far as challenge. I run around and taunt like mad but I can't do it alone. I'll stay for one wipe and beg peeps to taunt or attack if they can, but if the floor fills with fire and my health is almost gone again, I just drop.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
03/05/2012 02:19 AMPosted by Savario
I have literally never seen an enrage timer hit on Ultraxion in LFR.

I didn't think it was possible until it happened. The tanking and taunting on the trash were fine. They just took a longer than usual time to be killed, even there were no death. Then, the dps meter for Ultra showed top at 15K, and those below #10 were also doing less than 10K dps. I just thought, "The healers are solid. They kept us alive until enrage."

My understanding of those trash is that, anyone that can taunt should taunt, because it is impossible to have the 2 tanks get every drake down before they start major fire on the platform. And, for those that were taunted down, they still need to be tanked, because they hit non-tanks hard.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This is also a pain if you have a melee-heavy group in normal mode. To be honest the Ultra trash is harder than the bosses are now. They should either make it so that drakes don't spawn until the previous ones are dead or have the drakes actually land on the platform so that melee isn't stuck having to jump up and down repeatedly to get about 50% of their normal DPS off. I'm sure that this trash is fun with a bunch of ranged DPS or with everyone decked out in 410 gear, but for us mere mortals it's an exercise in frustration. Twice I've been in groups that were one-shotting every boss up until this trash, at which point the group disbanded after several wipes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wipes on that trash come from bad damage-dealers just sitting there using AoE and watching the meters. So...

Four things about that trash:

#1: The tanks should not be taunting to stop the fire. At least two others should be taunting and drawing the drakes to the middle. Tanks should use their taunts to collect the drakes and hold them, since their melee attacks might not work.

#2: The fighting should be in the MIDDLE of the platform. The middle of the platform is near the steps. For some reason, lots of people like to fight on one end, near the Aspects.

#3: Sometimes the drakes end up behind a pillar. These are the very problematic ones. It's OK to hop through the fire briefly to get line-of-sight and pull those guys out of there.

#4: Taunts and interrupts both work to stop the fire. Every damage-dealer, every tank, and two of the healers have at least one of these. Use them. (Shadow Priests who refuse to take Silence are doing it wrong.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]