PvP on this server....

55 Undead Rogue
Hey ive been on this server for a few months now, I get that this server is pretty alliance dominated. After reading forums and listening listening to trade on both sides for a bit (i have a 71 lock to ally side), I hear alot about how alliance just dominates the horde in most regards.

But I did a little bit of armory research, and correct me if Im wrong, but it seems that every alliance team that has hit 2200, is either a glad, former glad, or alt of a glad (I think), for at least 1 of the people on the team.

The 2300 shadowplay on the ally side is close, but the resto sham is a Glad. As far as i know none of the dudes on the horde 2200 team is a glad, according to armory. Maybe they have alt glads though i dont know.

A;so, PVE wise.... raiding is a bit closer than people make it sound progression wise. Yea Edge is far and away in the lead, but as a whole... progression between the upper 5(ish) guilds on both sides arent that far off.

Question i have is..... is the alliance actually better as a whole? Or is it that they just have a handful of glads that the horde don't, and just vastly out number horde? Seems to be with the huge numbers difference, there should be more 2200 ally teams that arent glads or glad alts.
Not trolling, just want some perspective on this from some peopel that have been here awhile.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
That's for whoever wants to compare the two to decide :) there are good players on both sides, and both sides think they're better at times. It's really both ways. Always fun to play against the good people on this server though.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

Question i have is..... is the alliance actually better as a whole? Or is it that they just have a handful of glads that the horde don't, and just vastly out number horde? Seems to be with the huge numbers difference, there should be more 2200 ally teams that arent glads or glad alts.
Not trolling, just want some perspective on this from some peopel that have been here awhile.

There are more and better players alliance side, and it has a trickle down effect that a few great players get a few of their friends to transfer, which helps boost other players ratings and a few more transfer in, and so on and so forth.

As for pve, <Edge> was far and above everyone until they gave up raiding. However, alliance has dominated both pve and pvp since vanilla.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
So following your train of logic, cutting out the top end players of Alliance side(the glads) to get the average skill level more accurate...shouldn't we cut the top players from horde as well?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
so far from glad
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Speak for yourself Kintor, I am amazing, stop holding me back. =)

I think I see where OP was going with this, cut out the gladiators on ally side, and its fairly close. Pretty accurate too.

Yea that seems like a sort of Apples to Oranges type of comparison though Debriatus. I dont think it's a matter of cutting out the top of both sides, just cut out the players that have reached 'the pinnacle' so to speak by getting glad. Basically cut out the upper 3% of the people in our BG, not on server alone. Least that's what I took from this.

I like the point about how every ally team that has hit 2200 has at least one glad in it. Good point.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
There are still horde on Garona???

Edit: More research shows that your initial look is very skewed.

Lets review:
PvE - 1 horde and 1 ally guild at 7/8 heroic, 1 ally at 6/8 heroic, 2 horde 1 ally at 5/8 heroic

Overall, Alliance holds 14/20 of the top raiding guilds on server. Point for alliance.

PvP - Ya your glad argument is correct. But lets look at some perspective here. A single horde 2200 team and the next highest is rated what, 1650?

Overall, Alliance holds 18/20 of the top 3s teams. Point for alliance.

I think that about closes it out.

Edited by Lightstars on 3/7/2012 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
There are still horde on Garona???Edit: More research shows that your initial look is very skewed.Lets review:PvE - 1 horde and 1 ally guild at 7/8 heroic, 1 ally at 6/8 heroic, 2 horde 1 ally at 5/8 heroic Overall, Alliance holds 14/20 of the top raiding guilds on server. Point for alliance.PvP - Ya your glad argument is correct. But lets look at some perspective here. A single horde 2200 team and the next highest is rated what, 1650? Overall, Alliance holds 18/20 of the top 3s teams. Point for alliance. I think that about closes it out.

^ Genius. Damn, you must've went to Harvard or Yale to be that smart. Hell, I didn't realize that Alliance outnumbers Horde 7:1....
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
A;so, PVE wise.... raiding is a bit closer than people make it sound progression wise. Yea Edge is far and away in the lead, but as a whole... progression between the upper 5(ish) guilds on both sides arent that far off.

Edge has dropped quite a lot in their "progression" That's the sole reason they decided to make a 25 man group, 10 man hms' are too serious for people on this server.. lmao Just a tip before "ALL PRAISE EDGE, LEADER OF THE !@# HATS OF GARONA"

With this being said, Alliance are a hardcore 12am-12pm raiding guild style (midnight to noon)

While horde is a little more spread, There are more of the "adult" side of WoW on it, aside from that our trade isn't $%^-ROLLED (hope you get it), tinybaby doesn't make leveling a pita, there's not many people that try to dominate "cool" greens for transmog, though, if you're using greens for transmog you're doing it wrong. FOR THE HORDE!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
DAMN YOU LANGUAGE FILTERRRRR!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Edge has dropped quite a lot in their "progression" That's the sole reason they decided to make a 25 man group, 10 man hms' are too serious for people on this server.. lmao Just a tip before "ALL PRAISE EDGE, LEADER OF THE !@# HATS OF GARONA"

With this being said, Alliance are a hardcore 12am-12pm raiding guild style (midnight to noon)

While horde is a little more spread, There are more of the "adult" side of WoW on it, aside from that our trade isn't $%^-ROLLED (hope you get it), tinybaby doesn't make leveling a pita, there's not many people that try to dominate "cool" greens for transmog, though, if you're using greens for transmog you're doing it wrong. FOR THE HORDE!

I have no idea what you're talking about here, but it looks entirely wrong.

Also I didn't know that Garona had roleplayers on it. Good for you!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Thanks for your input Spriest #4782912493.

We hope to see you here again soon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Garona forums lately have been amazing.

Thank you all who have participated.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Your welcome Pain.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Well I didn't really expect you to know how to count Mas, so good for you. Lol.

But of course that's the point here. There are more alliance, therefore alliance dominates the realm. I wasn't laughing or making fun of anyone, just pointing out the statistics that prove it. If you really want to get butt hurt about it, go have Trax carry you to a decent rating.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

PvP - Ya your glad argument is correct. But lets look at some perspective here. A single horde 2200 team and the next highest is rated what, 1650?

Overall, Alliance holds 18/20 of the top 3s teams. Point for alliance.

I think that about closes it out.

In a strictly technical approach to this overview, yes this is correct. However a decent amount of those teams have 1 player on them, or 2, and have been inactive for a bit, and achieved that higher rating with a toon that is on the other team now.

For instance. Conrad is on... i believe 4 different teams, with various toons, Roof is on... 3 of them. And a few of the 1 person teams i believe were Pop and Msrasal getting that team up and then switching to a diff team and getting that one up.

Basically of the 18 top teams, that should be 54 toons for 3s (at least), and it looks like its about 15-20 actual people switching teams or getting high ranked on alts.

Which is all good, and good play on their parts, i'd really like to hit 2200 on my priest, that'd be cool. But if Kintor/pain and myself made a new team and got it to 2200, left it and made a new team and got that to 2200..... I wouldn't consider horde as having three 2200 3s, just one.

So 18/20 is technically accurate, but with an asterisks I'd say. Alliance dominated, sure, but not at a 18/20 ratio. Probably not too far removed from that though hah.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Bad
Seems like some people in this thread really need to grow up and get their epeen in check. Who cares which side is better or not. Leave it to yourselves instead of creating countless epeen threads on this forum.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
03/08/2012 08:03 AMPosted by Lightstars
If you really want to get butt hurt about it, go have Trax carry you to a decent rating.

Well.. I believe that there is a thread just like that on these here forums where Trax has said something along the lines of helping people out.. soooo.. yeah.. and also.. I haven't been able to do many games lately (at a single time, I play better the more games I do.. get more into the "groove" of things, until I get too tired lolololol) and that, along with other factors, has affected the ratings of the teams I have been on.

Edit: For some reason I thought this was Trax's 2200 LF new players thread.. whoops.. fixed what I said.
Edited by Masrinth on 3/8/2012 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
03/08/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Kinaesthetic
Seems like some people in this thread really need to grow up and get their epeen in check. Who cares which side is better or not. Leave it to yourselves instead of creating countless epeen threads on this forum.

I don't think it's epeen stroking when no one is talking about their own teams (aside from mentioning the top teams).
Edited by Conradical on 3/8/2012 5:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
03/08/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Conradical

I don't think it's epeen stroking when no one is talking about their own teams (aside from mentioning the top teams).

Hhahaha yea who exactly is stroking their ego on this thread. In fact i thought up until you posted kinassthetic, that this thread was pretty civil and was for the most part listing some good points.

Who cares who is better? the people playing on it typically care, friendly competition fuels better play. want to just share cookies and hug each other? by the way, do you even have a toon on this server? please tell me you dont have enough spare time with your life that you scroll through server forums that you dont play on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]