New Scroll of Resurrection is now Live

90 Human Paladin
new SoR looks sweet.

how about you reward the people who havent dropped the sub in years now. i believe WERE THE ONES PAYING YOUR BILLS. great way to show appreciation for loyalty. /endsub = you get rewarded. /keepsub = you get nothing.

itd be sweet if it was something substantial. like a free char to 80. rather than just a cosmetic pet.
37 Draenei Paladin
How is epic flying a freebie? I thought it was a gold sink because blizzard doesn't deem it vital to gameplay.
90 Worgen Warrior
The simple fact of the matter is this SoR thing is a business promotion designed to get new happy customers. If it produces the opposite result in a reasonably large number of people then it IS a legitimate concern to any sane business - regardless of how unimportant you think it.

You know what? I'd be happy if they actually lost people because of this.

Because I have seen this community, nay, the internet, in general get pissy so many times, and see it turn out to mean so little so many times, I'd actually relish a different outcome.

I will buy you your own high horse if they lose more than 100,000 subscribers next quarter.

But guess what, if nobody says anything, then nothing will change. So, chatter on all you want telling people they shouldn't complain, but there is absolutely nothing to be gained by doing what you say, so don't be surprised when people ignore you.

I'm not saying they cant complain, I'm just saying that there attitudes are unfounded. Also, History really does repeat itself.
Edited by Jessebella on 3/7/2012 1:55 PM PST
85 Orc Warlock
03/07/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Tott
If Blizzard is going to do something like this they need to give all people who have been loyal and have active subscriptions either a free character transfer, faction change, or ofcourse the bull!@#$ free level 80. I remember spending MONTHS getting my characters to 80 -.-

The fact of the matter is getting people to come back benefits everyone in the long run (not that I'm a huge fan of this system)

When it comes down to it and this is just speaking from my experience, I don't see this bringing many people back. Of the people I know that quit playing, and I know a lot that quit NONE of them are going to come back because of it. In the long run I think it will mostly just be people re-activating extra accounts which I already know of several people doing so.
85 Orc Warlock
03/07/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Jessebella
The simple fact of the matter is this SoR thing is a business promotion designed to get new happy customers. If it produces the opposite result in a reasonably large number of people then it IS a legitimate concern to any sane business - regardless of how unimportant you think it.

It's not to get NEW happy customers it's to bring back OLD unhappy customers.
85 Orc Warlock
Posted by Molfsork
I think what bothers me most is the free faction/server change.

Agreed.

I would be happy if they extended this offer to all of the long-time players as well. I am sure this would quiet alot of the complaints.

I'd agree with that, at the very least offer a free transfer with say a 3 month/6 month sub or something.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Thanks Blizzard.
I am pleased!

:)
85 Night Elf Druid
I've been playing since 2006, poured tons of money into your company, and in the end I get nothing except a feeling of great dissapointment in you guys. Atleast give us loyalists something other than digital presents under a tree once a year.
90 Worgen Warrior
03/07/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Arvernus
I think what bothers me most is the free faction/server change.

Agreed.

I would be happy if they extended this offer to all of the long-time players as well. I am sure this would quiet alot of the complaints.

Give those people one freebie and they'll complain about not getting to transfer all their characters.

And the others will complain about not getting something useful because they don't have a problem with their server(s).

There is no one universal gift for people that wouldn't alienate others.
85 Undead Death Knight
Hello Forums.

I was just brought to notice about the SoR features that have now come out.

My account was re-activated March 3rd, and I feel like I have been cheated, among'st many others that If this announcement were to have come out earlier that I would have waited to re-activate my account in order to obtain these features.

I decided to call Blizzard and received the normal response to my question being, "there is nothing we could do."

Now, it really isn't just for me I am creating this thread. For others who have invested extreme amounts of time and money into this game should at least have the opportunity in advance to know about certain features and I for one am completely outraged that I have to sit here and level another.

I really hope there is some type of compensation this. I am sure I am not the only one. As it currently states my account has been cancelled and the way it is going I will be sure to keep it that way. Simply unfair for all those who have invested a lot into this game.

Thank you forum for your understanding.
Community Manager
03/07/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Liberi
Wait I'm confused. Any accounts canceled before March 5 and have been inactive for 3 months will get the promotion. If you canceled on Feb 5 and haven't re-subbed the inactive accounts, you can send a SoR under this promotion once they've been inactive for 3 months.

I just want to make sure this is corrected.

To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have previously subscribed to World of Warcraft for at least 30 days and their account must have become inactive on or before March 4th, 2012.

That's it. There is no 3-month (or any duration of) inactivity requirement.
85 Orc Warlock
03/07/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Dutchstorm
I've been playing since 2006, poured tons of money into your company, and in the end I get nothing except a feeling of great dissapointment in you guys. Atleast give us loyalists something other than digital presents under a tree once a year.

If you don't enjoy the game then quit, if you do enjoy the game THERES YOUR REWARD.
85 Human Death Knight
I am gonna rez my bro's account, then when mine expires he will rez mine, and we both get all the stuff, nom nom nom.
88 Human Warrior
Hello Forums.

I was just brought to notice about the SoR features that have now come out.

My account was re-activated March 3rd, and I feel like I have been cheated, among'st many others that If this announcement were to have come out earlier that I would have waited to re-activate my account in order to obtain these features.

I decided to call Blizzard and received the normal response to my question being, "there is nothing we could do."

Now, it really isn't just for me I am creating this thread. For others who have invested extreme amounts of time and money into this game should at least have the opportunity in advance to know about certain features and I for one am completely outraged that I have to sit here and level another.

I really hope there is some type of compensation this. I am sure I am not the only one. As it currently states my account has been cancelled and the way it is going I will be sure to keep it that way. Simply unfair for all those who have invested a lot into this game.

Thank you forum for your understanding.

Haha.

Still doesn't change the fact that you don't qualify for the promotion.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]