New Scroll of Resurrection is now Live

80 Blood Elf Paladin
so you are rewarding unloyal customers with the best perks ever while the rest of us loyal gamers get no advantage for supporting your company these years? As a loyal customer this really pisses me off. My game sub is ending soon so maybe ill take a break until they offer me the same perks.

No Loyalty reward: Annual pass (and all the shinies it comes with), getting to spend more timing seeing latest content.

This is not a loyalty reward as anyone can whip at a $155 right now and pay for it.
100 Undead Priest
Awwwww. I dunno.

Thinking about it, I'm already subbed because I like playing the game. Offering people some rewards to come back and give the game another chance is no biggie to me.
I resubscribed two days before this. I called and was told they couldn't give me it because the date is absolute. Just letting you guys who posted saying you just resubscribed before this that you can not get it.
Good luck guys, I cancelled. I can't support this company.
100 Worgen Hunter
I love how I'm punished because I never played with any RL friends who now need coerced into coming back. All those people talking about how the game is dying sounded stupid to me...until now.
26 Draenei Paladin
Awwwww. I dunno.

Thinking about it, I'm already subbed because I like playing the game. Offering people some rewards to come back and give the game another chance is no biggie to me.

The free level I can deal with, but literally the game itself for free?

Why are we even being charged for the box then if subscriptions are all that matters?

The boxes are just advertising basically.
Seeing WoW in the video games section all the time (and not just sub disks) are great for that.

But considering buying vanilla comes with BC for free, Wrath comes in the battle chest, and Cata will be next...
Luckily for me my brother is gettting his comuter up and thinking about coming back to play wow, i just hope he accepts the scroll
57 Human Rogue

The free level I can deal with, but literally the game itself for free?

Why are we even being charged for the box then if subscriptions are all that matters?

The boxes are just advertising basically.
Seeing WoW in the video games section all the time (and not just sub disks) are great for that.

But considering buying vanilla comes with BC for free, Wrath comes in the battle chest, and Cata will be next...
At this moment they are still charging $30 for Wrath. Which is lol.
03/06/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Baikal
so you are rewarding unloyal customers with the best perks ever while the rest of us loyal gamers get no advantage for supporting your company these years? As a loyal customer this really pisses me off. My game sub is ending soon so maybe ill take a break until they offer me the same perks.

I dont think its rewarding any loyal customers, its just a way to get old customers to play again, the scroll of resurection has always existed they just added a few perks onto it

Honestly ppl you need to let the loyal thing go. this is just something to re intrest old players nothing else. Besides you could probabaly lvl up a toon to 80 b4 they get back ingame

Jeesh these ppl act like children they just want what everyone else gets. Plz just knock it off
Edited by Algorik on 3/6/2012 8:57 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So... because I've stayed subscribed all this time, I get nothing. Other people get to cheat the game and receive services I would have to pay a lot of money for.

To say that I find this to be insulting is an understatement.

(I haven't read any of the other comments, just sharing my opinion).
90 Human Priest
I think I'm going to play a human guardian or thief. What about you?
90 Pandaren Shaman
What a bunch of whiners. you people are just as bad as the ones who demand they get a refund to the sale price of an item they bought 2-3 weeks prior to it going on sale.

1. Big deal it's an existing toon on an inactive account that will get bumped up to 80. I just leveled a warlock to 82 in 4 days.

The problem is with this is that some people aren't trying to level a toon as fast as possible.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/06/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Algorik

I dont think its rewarding any loyal customers, its just a way to get old customers to play again, the scroll of resurection has always existed they just added a few perks onto it

Perks that people already playing the game cannot come by? Sorry, that means they're either rewarding people for quitting, or deliberately ignoring/insulting people that didn't. There aren't any other options.
100 Goblin Shaman
And think how many people with multiple accounts will use this for free 80s!

Makes me wonder how many PEOPLE are going to resubscribe. Subscriptions don't always mean 1 person per sub, some people have 4 or 5.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/06/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Algorik
Honestly ppl you need to let the loyal thing go. this is just something to re intrest old players nothing else. Besides you could probabaly lvl up a toon to 80 b4 they get back ingame

And the free faction + server transfer? Where do I get that?

The free level 80 is irritating, because I dislike seeing that part of the game skipped, but that's not a big deal. I have at least three characters I'd bring to my current server in a heartbeat if I didn't have to pay more than $50 per character to make it happen.

Perks that people already playing the game cannot come by? Sorry, that means they're either rewarding people for quitting, or deliberately ignoring/insulting people that didn't. There aren't any other options.

if you want them so bad quit and then later have a friend send you a scroll (unless theres something i missed about un-subbed date being b4 march 4 but i only read that about the date the account was made)
Edited by Algorik on 3/6/2012 9:07 PM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman

if yo uwant them so bad quit and then later have a friend send you a scroll (unless theres something i missed about unsubbed date being b4 march 4 but i only read that about the date the account was made)
You're still missing the point,we shouldn't *have* to quit for months on end then have somebody bring us back so we can relish in the shiny goodies,we chose to stay despite what millions of others said,we deserve something too.
100 Night Elf Hunter
AFK
Awwwww. I dunno.

This. I want to be able to play with a certain person again, and this gives me that, because I have something to bribe them with. You know, the whole Multiperson aspect of the game, and a free cool mount to boot.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

if yo uwant them so bad quit and then later have a friend send you a scroll (unless theres something i missed about unsubbed date being b4 march 4 but i only read that about the date the account was made)

First off, "To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have previously purchased at least one month of game time at any point in the past, and your friend’s account must have been inactive since March 4, 2012 or earlier."

Second off, I shouldn't have to quit the game to get perks related to the game.

Third off, if you're going to tell other people how to feel about this, you could at least bother to read the offer in question and use real words.

Edit: And I'm thinking Human Guardian or Sylvari Warrior, though Sylvari Elementalist is also tempting...
Edited by Dajakisubo on 3/6/2012 9:04 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]