Issue - Darkmoon Faire

Support Forum Agent
February’s Darkmoon Faire achievement progress status was cleared prior to the launch of March's faire. Any achievements that were started but not completed have had their criteria reset. Completed achievements are unaffected. We previously announced that this was resolved for this month and going forward, unfortunately, that did not happen and this is still being investigated for a resolution.

The following achievements are most likely impacted:

Darkmoon Defender
Darkmoon Dungeoneer
Darkmoon Despoiler

Regrettably, we are not able to restore any progress you may have made during February's faire. We understand the impact this may have had and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
Copy and paste what I put in the Bug Thread.

I would suggest to Blizzard if they cannot fix the issue, at least change the wording to

"Turn in all nine Darkmoon Artifacts in one Darkmoon Faire week." And up the AP awarded to 20.

or

Do it as a meta achieve.

1. Darkmoon Defender - Change wording to that achieve: Turn in all three battleground Darkmoon Artifacts in one Darkmoon Faire week.

2. Darkmoon Dungeoneer - Change wording to that achieve: Turn in all five dungeon Darkmoon Artifacts in one Darkmoon Faire week.

3. A Treatise on Strategy
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Not good enough and I add a +1 to Alkasha's suggestion - change the achievements and be done with it (making sure Treatise is an achievement on it's own).

If you can't fix it, admit it and come up with something else. Otherwise this will be another whole pile of hate every month that, quite frankly, we could all do without :\
Reply Quote
69 Orc Death Knight
Just as an FYI, the moderators of this forum can't change game mechanics or pass along player suggestions. You're better off posting to the bug report or achievement forums.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You can see by my achievements that my druid got Darkmoon Defender. But none of those are checked under Darkmoon Despoiler. Really, Blizz? Really?
Reply Quote
69 Orc Death Knight
03/03/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Ruana
You can see by my achievements that my druid got Darkmoon Defender. But none of those are checked under Darkmoon Despoiler. Really, Blizz? Really?

The very purpose of this thread is to let everyone know it's not intentional.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I didn't say it was intentional. I said, I have this specific achievement done, and it's easy enough to see that those 3 should be checked off in the other achieve. But they're not.

I got fed up enough anyway I bought the last ones I needed (AGAIN) to just finish the damned achieve and be done with it once and for all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
wow. very impressive blizz. maybe you shouldnt have fired so many people last quarter. you obviously still need the employees. and you wonder why you are losing subscribers?

this is unacceptable. You really should consider a "gift" for the troubles you have put us through. a nice mount? or pet? I know you have done this before for other issues.
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight
Again?... Seriously... Again?

Reply Quote
69 Orc Death Knight
wow. very impressive blizz. maybe you shouldnt have fired so many people last quarter. you obviously still need the employees. and you wonder why you are losing subscribers?

this is unacceptable. You really should consider a "gift" for the troubles you have put us through. a nice mount? or pet? I know you have done this before for other issues.

Words cannot say what you deserve for using the layoffs of Orylia's coworkers this past week as a rhetorical point for your argument about an in-game achievement. You should be ashamed and disgusted with yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
can achievements not check other achievements for completetion? I've got the Darkmoon Defender completed yet I'm missing those in my Darkmoon Despoiler.. Annoying..
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Priest
03/04/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Champloo
can achievements not check other achievements for completetion?

If they could, Blizzard hasn't made much (if any) use of it in the past. My warrior, for instance, has The Bread Winner achievement (earn 10k gold from quests), but her progress towards the next step is only about 7/30k.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
You can refund me the lava coral I traded for the Treatise last month then. This is absurd, how long have you had to fix this? I was told that it was fixed after the first time it reset the ENTIRE achievement on me when I was only 1 item away.

The very purpose of this thread is to let everyone know it's not intentional.

Why would anything think it was an intentional act? The purpose of this thread is to say "Hey, we still havn't fixed this issue we've known about, AND said we had fixed already..so those of you who actually took our word and turned in items and got shafted...too bad we won't do anything about it!"
Edited by Satrina on 3/4/2012 9:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/03/2012 08:03 AMPosted by Orlyia
We understand the impact this may have had and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

It happens again and this is all we get? Yet another "sorry, but we aren't actually going to do anything"?

You guys clearly don't understand the impact or anything of the like, because not only does this keep happening even after you have claimed to fix it, but when it does continue to happen, upwards of three or so times now, all you do is throw out some half-assed apology.

You know, most companies in this sort of situation would have stopped with the apologies long ago and would have started compensating their customers for inconveniencing them so much.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
03/04/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Garred
We understand the impact this may have had and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

It happens again and this is all we get? Yet another "sorry, but we aren't actually going to do anything"?

You guys clearly don't understand the impact or anything of the like, because not only does this keep happening even after you have claimed to fix it, but when it does continue to happen, upwards of three or so times now, all you do is throw out some half-assed apology.

You know, most companies in this sort of situation would have stopped with the apologies long ago and would have started compensating their customers for inconveniencing them so much.

I remember Blizzard used to do this, back in the day when the servers were down for a very long time, or something major happened. Now we get nothing even when its a huge issue or bug, except a nice little apology letter.

Customer service on this game is reminding me a lot of another MMO right about now.

And no i'm not saying give us free time over this occurrence, i'm saying FIX THE ISSUE BEFORE YOU TELL US YOU HAVE FIXED IT.

Don't lie straight to our faces.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
03/04/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Satrina
Don't lie straight to our faces.

A lie would indicate that they knew it was not fixed and chose to tell us it was. That is not the case here. They believed they fixed the issue last month. I'm not trying to soften the blow for you or anyone else who had the achievement reset, but there are no lies being told here.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
There will always be bugs. When it happened before, I was unhappy but just turned a bunch of them in again. This month, I won't turn them in for the achievement until I have all nine, because otherwise it will likely just get wiped again.

There are a few issues in that:
1) The bug itself.
2) Blizz said it was fixed and it wasn't.
3) No resolution has been offered.

1) Meh, bugs happen.
2) That's pretty bad, but it will happen occasionally.
3) Completely unacceptable.

What should Blizz do?

At a minimum, they should pull the existing completed achievements and update the partial pieces of "Darkmoon Despoiler". Sure, we've all still gotten screwed over, but it's an attempt by Blizz to correct the issue and it does limit the damage. Ideally, Blizz should capture what parts of the achievements are made (you know, a backup) and correct those parts of the achievements (you know, a restore).

That Blizz says "we are not able to restore any progress" strikes me as nonsense. If it's true, that reeks of failure. You cannot restore data? You cannot look at completed achievements and update incomplete ones? Really? I suspect that they CAN restore the progress, but it's more work (money!) than they're willing to put into it. If so, saying "we are not able" is a lie.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]