Best Horde Race for Rogue PvP?

90 Undead Rogue
I've been having a debate with a friend over which horde rogue is best for pvp despite the obvious choice of rerolling alliance.

I say BE because of the aoe silence as multiple situations where it can be useful.

He says orc rogue because of damage buff and reduction in stun duration.

Then I have other friends who say forsaken rogue because of Wotf.

BUT

What is the actual ruling here?
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
With the current state of PvP and the sheer amount of warlocks in the upper brackets, for competitive play I would rank them as follows:

UD>Goblin=BE>Orc>Troll
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
But wotf shares CD with trinket does it not? So wouldn't you want the reduce stun to make rogue stuns lower? Or even the silence to stop say heals/lock in range as a 2nd kick?

And why goblin? The can jump far or shoot a rocket that seems less appealing to me.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
But wotf shares CD with trinket does it not? So wouldn't you want the reduce stun to make rogue stuns lower? Or even the silence to stop say heals/lock in range as a 2nd kick?

And why goblin? The can jump far or shoot a rocket that seems less appealing to me.

WotF only shares a partial CD with the trinket. Never underestimate having a shorter trinket CD than your opponents for any team that has Fear as a primary CC.

As for the Orc racial, with the current state of burst and other things, being stunned for a shade over 4 seconds instead of a flat 5 will never be the reason you live. If you get caught, you're still going to be screwed. Plus, it doesn't help at all with other forms of CC. The extra utility of other racials easily passes up the Orc.

The Blood Elf racial is pretty good, but as a rogue, you have a plethora of ways to stop a cast, so the overall effect is diminished a bit. It's much more helpful for another class, such as a paladin.

As for the goblin, the passive attack speed buff is pretty nice, and although it's hard to really place a value on the rocket jump, that mobility can be huge. Take a frost mage for example, if you make one small error, that rocket jump is going to be the difference between killing the mage or having them /lol and ice lance you to death.
Edited by Sheevah on 3/5/2012 5:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I understand the need to control your opponent but what about damage buffs?

Like you said goblin/orc/troll all have damage buffs in a sense. So if your primary goal is to kill your opponent with burst, would you not want more damage instead of control to seal the deal?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
BE is the best simply because of the aoe interrupt/silence + it gives some energy giving you a dps increase and letting you destroy casters, and the wotf isn't that good... its only really used for the fears and 3 classes out of 10 have them...and goblin rocket jump is going to break/give LoS you wont really be jumping right on top of your opponent too much.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
wotf = ability to have 2 dps trinkets? amirite?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
03/05/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Wildblade
wotf = ability to have 2 dps trinkets? amirite?

Maybe but it would screw you against all the classes that have a stun.
Reply Quote
I've been having a debate with a friend over which horde rogue is best for pvp despite the obvious choice of rerolling alliance.

I say BE because of the aoe silence as multiple situations where it can be useful.

He says orc rogue because of damage buff and reduction in stun duration.

Then I have other friends who say forsaken rogue because of Wotf.

BUT

What is the actual ruling here?

Undead is the clear best in arenas for horde. No surprise if you check the top 200 rogues in arenas on horde side you would see nearly all undead rogues.

Next, i would give it up to BE. Having a half silence on the end of you garrote to kidney and an extra ambush can put you over the edge between getting the kill or not. Just think of it as another 15k damage on your burst.

Goblins can be strong in 1v1 and 2v2 double dps situations, but in 3s i say MEH. Not to mention the goblin jump is on a global CD which is a Hugh fail in my book.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
i hate how arcane torrent's +energy is totally disregarded.

Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I guess im just surprised it's not orc because the more I think about it the stun reduction + damage would be nice but undead seems to be the best from the poll of opinions here. SHOCKING I say.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
03/05/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Hossman

It's not disregarded. It just has to take a back seat to the silence, because that's more valuable in a group setting 8/10 times, and the other 2 time it happens to line up where you can use the silence AND the extra energy.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

It's not disregarded. It just has to take a back seat to the silence, because that's more valuable in a group setting 8/10 times, and the other 2 time it happens to line up where you can use the silence AND the extra energy.

well i dont know about the rest of you, but i find myself using AT more for the +energy rather than the silence as rogue.

ive a belf priest as well, and i find AT use to be more oriented towards the silence.

On topic thou, and this is strictly my opinion, i find AT to be more clutch than wotf.

forget about orc, troll and even goblin. Maybe Goblin come mop.
Edited by Hossman on 3/5/2012 7:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/05/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Hossman

well i dont know about the rest of you, but i find myself using AT more for the +energy rather than the silence as rogue.

ive a belf priest as well, and i find AT use to be more oriented towards the silence.

On topic thou, and this is strictly my opinion, i find AT to be more clutch than wotf.

forget about orc, troll and even goblin. Maybe Goblin come mop.

I have played BE and Do like the racial.. Like I said early, you can get an extra ambush out of it on your shadow dance. Though, Undead racial is just so good with nearly every team you are facing having a fear in 3s.
Reply Quote
5 Goblin Rogue
thnks im delting this and going to be
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
03/05/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Nightingale
BE is the best simply because of the aoe interrupt/silence + it gives some energy giving you a dps increase and letting you destroy casters, and the wotf isn't that good... its only really used for the fears and 3 classes out of 10 have them...and goblin rocket jump is going to break/give LoS you wont really be jumping right on top of your opponent too much.

No
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
OPHorde racials are best as follows

Undead
Blood Elf
Orc, Goblin
Troll
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
03/05/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Åmon
On topic thou, and this is strictly my opinion

That of a "Duelist" who cant get T2 or even gear properly?

You either bought duelist or MMR exploited in s9/10 so your opinion is pretty much not valid at all.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
15 energy trade for one GCD. You must be kidding. Arcane Torrent is absolutely useless for us in arena. But if you play RBG more, it may have some weights.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
p
Edited by Delainey on 4/23/2012 7:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]