<Faded Dreams> hosting GDKP run Saturday 5/12

90 Goblin Shaman
Misconceptions about GDKP:
There is always public scrutiny and misconceptions about GDKP whenever we advertise in trade chat. Most of the misconceptions are 1) Oh, its FD, they just want gold from us 2) I want gold, but I'm undergeared. I can still come right? 3) This is a SCAM!!!!!

First of all, 85% of the gold that is spent on GDKP come from our guild members. So, in essence, you are taking gold from us! Not only do we fork over most of the gold, but we bring our geared alts that basically carry the raid. Hence, you are not feeding us gold. Secondly, there is a reason why we don't accept just anyone to our run. If you are undergeared, you are holding back our raid since you offer nothing for us. On top of that, if you don't have gold, you are not only holding our raid back, but you are taking up valuable space for people who would like to spend some gold on gear they can actually use. If you can't offer anything, you are not wanted. Lastly, this is not a scam. GDKP has been around for a long time and it offers a good raiding experience for people who would like to make some gold and get some gear. We have completed several successful runs already, and each player got a nice chunk of gold at the end of each run. Everything is legit and <Faded Dreams> would never participate in scamming people.

If you think you're a geared experienced player, come join us and make some gold with us. We welcome people who are willing to have fun for one night and possibly make some gold at the same time!

Addon used for GDKP: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gdkpd
Please try to get that addon installed. It is highly recommended for you to install that addon because it makes bidding and watching auctions much more easier. So make it easier on yourself and download it before coming to raid on Saturday!
Edited by Agashi on 5/5/2012 9:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
********** RUN STARTS 5/12 at 9PM ST until 1AM ST ***************
********** MUST HAVE HORDE TOON AND MUST HAVE VENT ************
**************** DRAGON SOUL - 25 MAN NORMAL *****************

What is GDKP?
GDKP is a gold bidding pug run system. What this means is, every loot will be bid on with a minimum gold requirement to purchase that item. Whoever wins the bid, keeps the item. This includes Tier Tokens, Legendary quest items, non-Tier (397) gear, and even trash drops. Every single pattern or boss drop will be up for bidding. At the end of the raid, the gold collected will be distributed evenly between the entire raid.
*** There is no Main Spec or Off Spec priority. You bid it, you buy it. ***

Who gets invited?
We need several different types of people to make this raid efficient. Our guild already has many geared alt toons that will be joining this run. We will have a handful of players that will "carry" the raid, so they basically want to come to make some gold/motes. We also need people that are decently geared, but just need a few items from the boss. These people will need to bring gold to buy off those coveted items. Next, we will be taking some majorly undergeared people who will basically spend anything for an item, and the ones that will want to buy the items that almost everyone passes on. This way, we will balance out the raid to clear as much content needed, and to get the most gain in gold at the end of the raid. Each gear will be bid in increments of 500G. For example, if I start a bid on a Tier item starting at 5K, the next bidder MUST bid 5,500 to outbid the previous bid.

Now for the rules....

1) We will be taking people with mostly an ilevel gear of 384 or higher. These people will fill the raid that will help clear content smoothly, have the experience at least in LFR with the boss mechanics, and will bring a lot of gold.
2) You must have some experience in Dragon Soul. If you do not have any experience whatsoever with the bosses in DS, you will most likely not get into the raid.
3) We will only take 2-3 undergeared players who have a main character that has DS experience, but needs gear on their alt. These players will essentially get "carried", but at least gear won't be wasted.
4) It is recommended that you bring at least 50K gold. If you do not have gold, and you fall in the category of "undergeared" or "barely 384 ilevel", then you will not get accepted to this raid. You MUST have gold to join this raid. Even our alts that are extremely geared are bringing gold, so I suggest you bring at least 50K.
5) Every item is up for bidding. This includes non-tier, Tier, trash drops, patterns, Legendary quest items, essence of destruction. Everything that is lootable will be up for bids. There is nothing that will be given out free.
6) We will be using an addon to keep track of the gold and what people have spent on the items. We will also be keeping track of them using our own notepad just in case the addon screws up. You have the right to keep track of everything yourself in case you think we might "cheat" you.
7) You must have 4 hours available for raiding. If you leave early, we will replace you and the new person that we replace you with will be getting your share of the gold. You will forfeit all gold once you leave early.
8) If you disconnect, the raid will wait. But if you are gone for more than 10 minutes, you will be removed from the raid and your gold will be forfeited. Make sure you notify us in whispers or in raid chat if you are planning to leave or "brb".

Bidding rules:
1) Tier Items - Minimum bid will start at 5K
2) Non-Tier items - Minimum bid will start at 3K
3) Trinkets and Weapons (403 level) - Minimum bid will start at 5K
4) Trash gear drops - Minimum bid will start at 1K
5) Essences and Patterns - Minimum bid will start at 500G
6) Legendary quest items - Only rogues can bid on the Elementium Gem Cluster. Highest bid wins. The bidding starts at 1K. If someone else bids on the Cluster, that is not a Rogue, you will pay for the item, but it will go to the Rogue that bid the next highest.

Our goal is to try and get through as much content possible in 4 hours. At the end of the 4 hours, we will divide the gold between each player evenly. We will attempt to do these runs regularly on Saturdays every week, but the schedule can change. We believe if we bring the same people weekly as people get geared up, the runs will run more smoothly and we can move to heroic content which will be more profitable for the raid.

Signup starts tonight. Contact Agashi via in-game mail or whispers if you want to sign up for the raid. We will thoroughly go through your armory and make the decision to invite you or reject you. You can also post here if you are interested.
Edited by Agashi on 5/5/2012 9:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Check this link to see if you're on the list for next GDKP:

Check this link to see what loot dropped and what was bid on:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/8/2012 - We cleared Dragon Soul 8/8 Normal.
The jackpot was 141,300 Gold, which was spread evenly between 25 people. Each person received 5652 Gold. Highest bid was for Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth that sold for 31K.

3/18/2012 - We cleared Dragon Soul 8/8 Normal.
The jackpot was 150,500 Gold, which was spread evenly between 25 people. Each person received 6020 Gold.

3/24/2012 - We cleared Dragon Soul 8/8 Normal.
The jackpot was 296,900 Gold, which was spread evenly between 25 people. Each person received 11,876 Gold. Highest bid was for Conquerer Chest Tier for 23,500G.

3/31/2012 - We cleared Dragon Soul 8/8 (+ H Morchok).
The jackpot was 280,200 Gold, which was spread evenly between 25 people. Each person received 11,208 Gold.

4/7/2012 - We cleared Dragon Soul 8/8 (+ H.Morchok & H.Hagara).
The jackpot was 306,900 Gold, which was spread evenly between 25 people. Each person received 12,276 Gold.

4/14/2012 - We cleared Dragon Soul 8/8 (+ H.Morchok).
The jackpot was 246,100 Gold, which was spread evenly between 25 people. Each person received 9,844 Gold.

4/21/2012 - We cleared Dragon Soul 8/8 (+ H.Morchok).
The jackpot was 294,500 Gold, which was spread evenly between 25 people. Each person received 11,780 Gold. The mount dropped and it was the highest bid for the night, sold to Bustr for 39,100G.

4/28/2012 - We cleared Dragon Soul 8/8 (+ H.Morchok).
The jackpot was 323,500 Gold, which was spread evenly between 25 people. Each person received 12,940 Gold.

5/05/2012 - We cleared Dragon Soul 8/8 (+ H.Morchok + H.Yor'Sahj + H.Hagara).
The jackpot was 447,800 Gold, which was spread evenly between 25 people. Each person received 17,912 Gold.

5/12/2012 - We cleared Dragon Soul 8/8 (+ H.Morchok).
The jackpot was 415,632 Gold, which was spread evenly between 24 people. Each person received 17,318 Gold.
Edited by Agashi on 5/12/2012 11:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Sounds fun, you didn't mention what time you plan on starting though. I have some gold and a few characters here and would be interested if early enough.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Its at 7pm ST. Sorry, I edited it and put that info in. I will probably be editing a lot ;p

My guildies are proof reading everything for me kekeke

If you are interested, just tell me toon name and class/spec. This is Horde side, so I hope you have horde toon!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I am interested in joining you (with the toon I am posting). Ilvl 394 in my PvE gear. I know all the fights in LFR (world ranked on fall of deathwing) and have downed 5/8 in 10 man. I also have well above the minimum gold required.
Edited by Ladner on 3/7/2012 8:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Bump
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I'd love to come but thursday is poker night =/ If you ever have one on a different night count me in
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
So far I have 15 guildies that are coming and a couple of people from other guilds. Make sure to sign up so your spot is reserved for tonight ;p
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
count me in agashi
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thursday :(
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Ya mi yan hei >.<

Stupid guild killed Madness too fast so we have nothing to do on Thursday.

We have alt runs on Friday working on heroics so weekends are bad too. We might move it to Saturday, but for this week it is Thursday.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Need melee DPS!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Updated with info from tonight.

Signups start for next week, so let me know early to reserve your spot.

Going 8/8 again, but hopefully it won't take the full 4 hours like tonight.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Rogue
I'll be able to make this one!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Arms/Shadow/Ele/Lock reporting in.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Sign me up. Unholy Dk.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I will do horrible, unforgivable, unspeakable things for a Cunning of the Cruel.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
03/09/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Rebuke
Arms/Shadow/Ele/Lock reporting in.

Pick one and gimme name!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll come on Haukem~survival hunter (393 ilvl)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]