Too friendly?

44 Human Warlock
I used to lead a rather large guild and at peak hours we would have 120 online with 30-50 on Ventrilo. Sometimes I noticed some of the younger players (I usually kicked people who were overly immature on the spot) really creeped on a few females in the guild. Took them aside talked to them and asked them to keep stuff mature or they would be kicked.

I feel a good guild master will keep all his members in check no matter their sex, one good player is better than a thousand immature idiots.
Edited by Coolguystar on 3/23/2012 7:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
omg you're a girl :O! plz be my friend :'3!

lol no I'm just kidding but unfortunately that's how it is with this game. I remember doing a PUG raid with a friend of mine and as soon as she spoke in vent everyone sent her whispers about how her voice was "so hot" and all kinds of creepy stuff 0_o.

But yeah you're going to run into this no matter what guild you go to. Just don't feel like you can't talk with anyone because you don't want to run into creepers. Its better to run into 100 creepers and make a couple good friends then to just seclude yourself in the game.

Well anyway GL and I hope you can ward off the creepers someone :O
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Mage
I like what Dontpanic said.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I must be fortunate or something because as a female gamer, I've never faced this kind of...attention. But that may be due that most of the time I don't speak unless I am very familiar with the people in the guild.

They've given me light heart teasing, but never crossed the line. I'd say in OP's situation if I've already explained to them that I'm uncomfortable with their attention and they don't stop then I'd leave in heartbeat.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I knew a guy on another server who pretended to be a girl to get free stuff.... it worked

Lets face it there are people on wow who get very little contact with females and dont know how act.
Edited by Twiister on 3/24/2012 7:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Ugh. This.

I've done a few cross-realm premades for PvP, and you get all those creepy !@# ''Your voice is so cute'' ''your voice is so hot'' whispers.

Back in Vanilla days, when I was really young, I also got a ''Be my internet Gfriend for 900g.''

That was a lot of gold back then, thank gosh I had enough sense to not take it.

Basically, what I'm getting at, is you'll meet all kinds of creepers. Left right and centre. You have to wade through all of them to find the good people and your close friends, just like in real life.

So, it's good to move on sometimes and find a brighter day.
Reply Quote
I personally think that any girl who has played WoW has a story like this. Girls are considered "rare" thou i doubt it.

Just leave the guild and move on, eventually you'll find either two things, a guild that doesnt even react to the fact that you are a girl, or a guild of so called "big brothers" I swear I feel like i inherited about 60 older brothers. lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Flopped ? Come back to the Horde and we'll protect you..>:}
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How many real life nerds in pubirty do u know that actually have girl friends?..lol I think that all the girls on this page are making good sense,and i'm 47 years old..Even i have had to deal with some of the guys your referring too lol.So i started my own guild, and now im in control.
Life on wow is sweet!..:}
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
How many real life nerds in pubirty do u know that actually have girl friends?..lol I think that all the girls on this page are making good sense,and i'm 47 years old..Even i have had to deal with some of the guys your referring too lol.So i started my own guild, and now im in control.
Life on wow is sweet!..:}

You write/spell like garbage for a 47 year old.

Sometimes, people who's native language isn't English play WoW. Yes, even on North American realms.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

You write/spell like garbage for a 47 year old.

Sometimes, people who's native language isn't English play WoW. Yes, even on North American realms.

True. But it's pretty easy to spot the difference between someone who's ESL and some twelve-year old saying they are 47 years old.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

True. But it's pretty easy to spot the difference between someone who's ESL and some twelve-year old saying they are 47 years old.

And there was no need for you to insult them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes..there was Matt! I added a-LOL- to that as in Joking!
Dont worry-be happy!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Here is our guild charter: http://bloodguard.wowstead.com/forums/info-rules/general/960377-bloodguard-charter

I've g-kicked two players that come to mind for engaging in insulting behavior with guidies. I know a couple of my guildies in real life and we kid around a bit, but I will not engage that behavior in front of certain members even in vent because it will upset them. Guild chat is also meant to be a safe zone in our guild. Just causes too much drama and I avoid that like the plague, although we do allow forsaken in the guild ;)

Zero Tolerance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]