Book Suggestions

85 Human Priest
I'm currently on book 3 of The High Heel Mysteries. Got it because the first five ebooks were on sale a few weeks ago and I'm trying to expand my tastes a little bit. The problem is, these books suck hard. And I'm looking at my 34 book long to-read list and just not feeling any of them, so I thought I would come here for suggestions instead. I prefer Science Fiction/Fantasy and a little bit of Paranormal Fantasy but like I said, trying to expand my horizons.

Just to head off some of the suggestions that I'm sure I'll get....I've read The Hunger Games, Ender Series, and Ready, Player One already. I'm no longer interested in The Wheel of Time, and after reading The Wolves of Calla I'd like to stay Stephen King free. No Laurell K. Hamilton. I'm fresh out of brain bleach.

Everything else is free game. :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Thanks for the suggestions!

I think I actually have Wizard's First Rule (borrowed it, never read it), so I should probably start with that first!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
1984 by George Orwell is a fascinating book. Anything by Ayn Rand is also a good read, even if you disagree with her political views (which appear in her stories). I didn't see Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit on your already-read list, so pick that up ASAP.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
you said you read hunger games, have you read the other two as well

(catching fire/mockingjay)

if you have i would have to suggest the "Gregor the Overlander" series, otherwise known as the underland chronicles, these books were also written by suzanne collins
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
03/13/2012 03:42 AMPosted by Horsey
1984 by George Orwell is a fascinating book. Anything by Ayn Rand is also a good read, even if you disagree with her political views (which appear in her stories). I didn't see Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit on your already-read list, so pick that up ASAP.

Actually, The Hobbit is one of the books on my to-read list. I may have already read it back in high school, but since I can't remember I figured I could read it (again?). Thanks for the other suggestions.

you said you read hunger games, have you read the other two as well

(catching fire/mockingjay)

if you have i would have to suggest the "Gregor the Overlander" series, otherwise known as the underland chronicles, these books were also written by suzanne collins

Thanks, I'll check them out. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I tend to read mostly fantasy, so I'm afraid most of my recommendations will be just that, but here they are anyway:

The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss

The Farseer and The Tawny Man trilogies by Robin Hobb

The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson

Crown of Stars by Kate Elliot

Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson

These are all very good reads and definitely worth your time and money, in my opinion. Check 'em out if you can!
Edited by Anharn on 4/2/2012 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley is an amazing Sci-Fi book.
Reply Quote
19 Orc Hunter
The Dresden files by Jim Butcher

the best pulp fiction available today
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
7th Sigma by Steven Gould. It's a little YA sci/fi, but the concept is very interesting and the execution is excellent.

The Curse of Chalion and Paladin of Souls by Lois McMaster Bujold. Epic fantasy type world, but the books are self contained stories.

The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie, and the rest of the books in the series. Gritty, action packed, absolutely zero morality. Doesn't have quite the scope of A Song of Ice and Fire, but are damned good reads.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

I think I actually have Wizard's First Rule (borrowed it, never read it), so I should probably start with that first!

No, you should burn that book and whoever recommended it to you.
Reply Quote
19 Orc Hunter

No, you should burn that book and whoever recommended it to you.

Agreed
Goodkind is filler for when you can't find any paint to watch dry.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]