Easiest proto-drake for a solo player to get?

58 Human Warlock
I was just wondering what would be the easiest proto-drake to acquire for a geared 85, and not counting Time Lost. (never been lucky enough to have even SEEN that guy).

I know there's many proto's in the game from raid stuff, but I'm mainly a solo player & would like to get one on my own, if that's even possible.

Assuming you can solo all NR heroics (I can, albeit not on this toon, of course), is there a proto you can get from achievements that way? Soloing, I mean? Or any other way, for that matter.

I have the gryphons, netherdrakes from Shadowmoon, Albino & a few others, but I've never owned a proto-drake, & would very much like to get one.

Thanks for any suggestions.
100 Dwarf Paladin
Green.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The green proto-drake from the Oracles in Sholazar Basin would probably be easiest. Just may take a few weeks of hatching eggs.
85 Undead Warrior
green or blue

green coming from a egg blue dropping out of heroic up

100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Red. A few hours, tops.
85 Blood Elf Mage
You can't solo them all. One of the achieves specifically require five party members.

But you'll get a red proto drake from the achieves. If you can solo skadi go farm for the blue proto, that's about it.

Though it was possible to solo some as a level 80 hunter with cata gear.

Oh yeah, you can easily try for the green too. Forgot about that.
Edited by Nirubashov on 3/2/2012 12:44 PM PST
03/02/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Kathni
The green proto-drake from the Oracles in Sholazar Basin would probably be easiest. Just may take a few weeks of hatching eggs.

^This. Working on it on my main now. Also, although it's harder and takes longer, I am working on the [What a long, strange trip it's been] achievement (getting all the achieves for all the holidays) on her as well, which rewards the violet proto-drake. But if you haven't started getting achieves for the holidays yet, it will take at least a year...
100 Night Elf Hunter
Reins of the Green Proto-Drake or Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake

Got the blue proto drake still need the green one.
Edited by Pandorä on 3/2/2012 12:46 PM PST
85 Undead Mage

Oh man. 'Few weeks' you say? Hahaha. You were lucky. It took me months of aged yolks - and BIRDS FOR ALL THE ALTS!
47 Gnome Warrior
Green, Blue and Red are probably the easiest, with Red being the least RNG related, but takes a while and requires SOME coordination.
Green is easy once you get exalted, you just buy an egg every 3 days and hope for it to drop. Blue just clear up to Skadi and hope it drops.
90 Human Rogue
03/02/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Dreylia

^This. Working on it on my main now. Also, although it's harder and takes longer, I am working on the [What a long, strange trip it's been] achievement (getting all the achieves for all the holidays) on her as well, which rewards the violet proto-drake. But if you haven't started getting achieves for the holidays yet, it will take at least a year...

Update: Yes, definitely going to have to go with this being the easiest, it dropped for me tonight on my main on only the 4th egg!!
87 Blood Elf Death Knight

Hahahaha! Took years to get mine....YEARS!! /Runs away screaming....
If you can solo the heroic Skadi fight in Utgarde Pinnacle, blue. More fun - I had failed at that fight in normal a few times due to gear and issues with adds (too many harpooner adds trapping me in the path of whirlwind) and hadn't bothered in a while - finally felt confident to try heroic after getting to my present gear, and had no trouble. Settled down to just farm it every day, and then got it on the second try.
61 Worgen Death Knight
You could easily get the Reins of the Red Proto-Drake solo at 85.
100 Worgen Death Knight
You could easily get the Reins of the Red Proto-Drake solo at 85.

impossible, SHARE THE LOVE requires 5 members
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]