Where'd your name come from?

85 Blood Elf Hunter
This is a variation of my main from Vanilla to beginning of Wrath, which was Aloisia. The name means female warrior in Old German. Ironically, both characters named this aren't warriors. :P
90 Tauren Druid
Screamo music + Tauren.
Niki Lauda, Formula 1 driver from the 70's/80's

I tend to name my characters after racers and tracks, it sounds weird but some names work really well.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
SephirothX scrambled

Kingdom Hearts fans, let me hear it!
85 Worgen Warlock
Riirii: Shortened name because no one can pronounce the original to this day
Kalaniri: Name generator
Iraalii: Hebrew name meaning .....
Othimnyth: Combo of two languages meaning "Dark Eyes"
Jomei: Name generator
Akoko: African name meaning Noise maker or Noisy one
Tellerevo: Goddess of the Frost from one religion I don't remember
Shevanti: Hindi name meaning Lotus
Ralphum: name Generator
Teryn: Welsh name meaning Raven

None of mine are from wow name generator mind you
Edited by Ralphum on 3/2/2012 6:06 PM PST
85 Troll Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C7PE2YdEQ4
1 Gnome Mage
I like snacks... it was taken. I changed the S to a Z because it used to be mainstream.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Mind name randomizer > source Fahrenheit + Fire mage + Elf
90 Human Mage
Once, about 4 or 5 years ago, I was playing Second Life and decided to name my character Nickelodeon. (My name is Nick, and Nickelodeon is a channel, so what the heck.) I didn't realize I spelled it wrong. I spelled it "NickelodeAn" not "NickelodeOn". I kind of laughed at myself for the mistake, but didn't fix it. When I got WoW (very soon after that) I named my character Nickelodean, purposely spelling it wrong this time, just to be funny.

Now my name is Nickelodean =)
86 Worgen Hunter
My shaman is Koralyn. KoraII.
I am the warm embrace of death
86 Tauren Paladin
Playing on Luke Skywalker

But strider is also a common last name for tauren
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
<-- Fictional Anne Rice character. Add the "l" because Akasha was already taken.
Edited by Alkasha on 3/2/2012 6:31 PM PST
Honestly, how T-Pain says shorty.
29 Human Mage
I'm named after a Brazilian city. I have no particular ties to Brazil or said Brazilian city, and I've never been to Brazil. I don't know why I chose it, it just seemed like a cool name at the time, so I went with it. Hasn't disappointed me yet.
Community Manager
This name was inspired by a song from a band I really enjoy, though slightly altered. My actual World of Warcraft character names come from a variety of things; including an instrument, a soccer stadium, a vehicle model, etc. I often find myself taking forever just trying to figure out that perfect name for every new character. :P
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]