Looking to form an all female guild

90 Blood Elf Hunter
You heard right. I've always wanted to be in an all girl guild. I love meeting other girls that play wow because lets face it, guys do out number us in game. I've run/helped run my fair share of guilds so it wouldn't be any problem for me to do things like recruitment or making a guild website and things like that. Personally I love to do both PvE and PvP, so it'd be great to have members of each side, or even better, members that like doing both like I do. I think this would be a lot of fun to do, and if you agree, feel free to post here or message me in game on this character that I am posting on. I would prefer to form the guild on this toon, and I wouldn't want to pay for a realm or faction change. If you want to join me and would want to start a new character on Dark Iron I would be more than happy to help you with leveling and all that.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
isnt this type of guild banned by the tos?
I seem to remember some glbta guilds being banned a few years ago

on the other hand, you could just have selective guild application process on your website.
1) fill out an application (including age, sex, race, religion, skillz, what not)
2) have an interview in vent/mumble/skype
3) accept or reject applicant based on "group fit"

just never explicitly state what the rejection is based on
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I have seen plenty of guilds that accept only guys, about time we had a girl only guild. Good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
a girl only guild wont work because they would all be healers and you cant raid with all healers
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
isnt this type of guild banned by the tos?
I seem to remember some glbta guilds being banned a few years ago

on the other hand, you could just have selective guild application process on your website.
1) fill out an application (including age, sex, race, religion, skillz, what not)
2) have an interview in vent/mumble/skype
3) accept or reject applicant based on "group fit"

just never explicitly state what the rejection is based on

Well I've recalled seeing a forum once where specific guilds were discussed and even some blues posted in it that it was okay. For example, one of the guilds was an all African American guild and they never got in trouble for it so I don't know :o

But yeah, I've taken that into consideration :3

03/07/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Tyrnyx
I have seen plenty of guilds that accept only guys, about time we had a girl only guild. Good luck.

Thank you :]

03/07/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Mesoret
a girl only guild wont work because they would all be healers and you cant raid with all healers

Because the character I'm posting on can heal, right?
My three 85s are this hunter, a feral druid, and a balance druid.
A majority of females I know play non healing classes/specs.
Reply Quote
12 Goblin Shaman
03/07/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Mesoret

Or blood elf warlocks.

Also to add to all the other reasons this is a bad idea, anyone can just SAY they're a girl, last I checked it's super easy to lie on the internet.

Plus, imagine all the guild drama. JUST IMAGINE.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
name the guild <girl gamers unite>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
03/07/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Ativan

Or blood elf warlocks.

Also to add to all the other reasons this is a bad idea, anyone can just SAY they're a girl, last I checked it's super easy to lie on the internet.

Plus, imagine all the guild drama. JUST IMAGINE.

It's really not that hard to get proof.

Guys start drama too. I've led a lot of guilds, it's not that hard to avoid.
Reply Quote
12 Goblin Shaman
03/07/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Desonia

The only really solid proof you can get is if you get them to talk in vent (assuming they don't use the usually cop out "oh my mic isn't working"). And even then, I've heard some mighty effeminate sounding guys.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
03/07/2012 10:15 PMPosted by Ativan

The only really solid proof you can get is if you get them to talk in vent (assuming they don't use the usually cop out "oh my mic isn't working"). And even then, I've heard some mighty effeminate sounding guys.

That isn't the only solid way, but okay.
Reply Quote
12 Goblin Shaman
03/07/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Desonia
That isn't the only solid way, but okay.

Well what other ways are there?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Its not impossible to make an all girl guild by vent checking or some other method. One of the most well known Pirating Corps in EvE Online is girls only and known as Hellcats. They are pretty mean, I would not have wanted to get caught by them in low sec.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Hey Desonia,

Don't feed into the trolling, they are just trying to start something up. I think it's a good idea in theory, but I find most of the girls that are worth playing with in game are in guilds with their significant others, since they mostly play together.

I also think that within this community a lot of girls are pretty hesitant to admit that they are in fact girls because of trolling/backlash/drama and I hope that if you actually do form a guild the other players on the server would be respectful for it. I'm sure you can see that it could potentially be an easy target for trolling especially on the internets.

Maybe instead of a guild you could try making like a once in a while get together for an all girls PVP or raiding team? I think that would be fun!

-Imo
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Imoryn has some pretty good points. Good luck with whatever you plan to do though :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I wish I was a girl they get gold so easy
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
SEXISM!!!

...Of course the way I've heard and seen the males interact with players of the opposite gender, I certaintly don't blame you.
Edited by Spartacat on 3/24/2012 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Can i join i haz bewbies
Edited by Lovelylumps on 3/31/2012 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Sounds like a party to me, I don't have boooooooobz but I <3 boobbbbbbbz
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
There was a horse in this thread, can you guess who it is?
Reply Quote
12 Goblin Shaman
04/01/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Iamgrubby
There was a horse in this thread, can you guess who it is?

Neiiigh!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]