kara chess solo possible?

85 Human Death Knight
I want boots from the chest you get from doing the chess event to match my druid's T4 transmog but I've never tried to do it solo. Is it doable or do I need to beg a guildy to come along?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
It's doable. I've done it plenty of times. It is easier if you switch to unholy presence.

Move as many grunts forward as possible, protect your healers and make sure to get what's his name out of fire.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
It can be soloed. It just may take you a few tries. However if you have anyone willing to come help that makes it a ton easier.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I did it solo twice (2-10 record), but do not ask me how I did it 'cause I did not have a plan. So I guess I can attest that yes, it is soloable.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Yes it is! Takes me like 9-10 tries usually but yes. I usually set aside a saturday to try it so I'm not in a time crunch.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Rogue
The big thing seems to be getting lucky with how fast the NPC king is brought out and Medivh cheats...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If you are lucky the computer will move its king into the fire and it's an easy win.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Yes. It's easily the toughest encounter in there to solo, but it's certainly doable. You'll struggle a bit the first time you do it, but it does get easier with practice, too.

Keep Llane out of fire. Make sure early on to clear space to move him. Keeping him out of fire is your first priority. It does not do to have the only open space in front of him be that you moved the pawn in front of him, when both his spot and that one empty spot are set on fire ;)

I originally said Wrynn, sorry, bit of wishful thinking ;)
Edited by Tiakatt on 3/7/2012 8:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've had the best success by pulling the rooks to the middle asap, then controlling the king to the end. It requires jumping on the corner pawns to get them out of the way first, so it's a lot of control-move-abandon-debuff-repeat, but when the computer takes control of those rooks it uses the AoE ability well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Yeah, the debuff is definitely the thing that makes this tougher, but it's absolutely worthwhile to take the debuff to get things moved the way you need them, as you say.

Just sitting in a cleric the whole time won't do it.
Edited by Tiakatt on 3/7/2012 8:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I just control the mage piece, destroy the healers, move the king out of the fire as necessary, and then focus on the warlord while staying out of range of the other pieces attacks for as long as I can. Generally works for me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage

Keep Wrynn out of fire. Make sure early on to clear space to move him. Keeping him out of fire is your first priority. It does not do to have the only open space in front of him be that you moved the pawn in front of him, when both his spot and that one empty spot are set on fire ;)

Pretty sure he's Llane :)

I can't for the life remember the orc's name >.>

I think I may have been Ally in a past life. :p
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
It's soloable but not 100% guaranteed no matter what strategy you use.

What I do is move the pawn(guards/grunts) in front of the king up one space immediately after the game starts so when the boss cheats you can move your king out of the fire.

Next move the two knights(horses/wolves) in front of the line of pawns and in front of the king as well.

After that basically jump between your king for Hero/Bloodlust and healers to heal your units and just let the AI come to you while moving your king out of fire.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
As many others have said... it's soloable... but just challenging. There is no guaranteed strategy considering Mediv's "cheats"... but it's doable.

I've done it once. I think it took me 4 or 5 tries before I got it. The next time I had my wife come in and help me to make it less of a PITA.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
03/07/2012 08:26 AMPosted by Nirubashov
Keep Wrynn out of fire. Make sure early on to clear space to move him. Keeping him out of fire is your first priority. It does not do to have the only open space in front of him be that you moved the pawn in front of him, when both his spot and that one empty spot are set on fire ;)

Pretty sure he's Llane :)

I can't for the life remember the orc's name >.>

I think I may have been Ally in a past life. :p

...I actually said Wrynn, didn't I? Crap. Yes, you're right, it's Llane. Must be Freudian, I've never liked him a ton and wouldn't particularly mind if he DIAF ;)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
It is 100x easier if you get someone to help you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]