Aegwynn sucks....

85 Gnome Mage
I play on Aegwynn and to be honest... I think it is the most dead, boring server out there with low population and nothing to do...

Any suggestions as to what servers are "Live" and full of pvpers, pvers, strong economy, and lots of events?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Tol Barad is a reallly GOOD server, you should go there. They have constant Rbg pugs, ds pugs and old raid pugs.

Or You could go to Gallywix. They are just as to as "live" as Tol Barad if not better.
Edited by Skitlz on 3/7/2012 6:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
AM is a good server for Allie while not being too full. Also home to Vodka and also Athene if you're one of those that care. If you want even more Darkspear is good for Allie as well - especially if you're a Swifty fan...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Aegwynn is in the current state it's in because of the players that inhabit it, not because of the server itself. This is a point that I feel needs to be reiterated several times, as it's a concept that seems to be easily forgotten.

If you don't like the current state of Aegwynn, I implore you, do something about it rather than complain on the server forums. Personally, I feel a huge problem on this server is that people feel pulling 15,000 DPS at this point in the expansion is acceptable, because chances are, there are people even below them. The quality of player and both the attitude and mindset that players have adapted to is ridiculous.

I hope things change in Mists of Pandaria, the competitive goals of the server as a whole need to flourish. Guild leaders, have high standards. Push your raiders to always show up on time, and to do their research outside of the game to become a better player. This is not a hardcore approach, this is to minimize the time wasted as you continuously wipe to enrage timers and people who can't be bothered to not stand in fire.

There is nothing unique about Aegwynn that prevents you from competing against players on other servers. Transferring to another server will not make you a better player, it merely puts you into a larger pool of fish to be chosen from. So, why not be a better player on Aegwynn? Push your fellow raid members to become better, more successful raiders. Trust me, the experience is far greater than being carried by a 6/8 group.

If you're a quality player and currently not doing anything, organize pick up groups in trade chat. See what you can do. Raid with a guild that is "below your expectations". Be the best player in that group, and encourage people to do compete with you. HELP this server and your fellow Aegwynn-ites, don't abandon it and blame the server for it's shortcomings.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Aegwynn is in the current state it's in because of the players that inhabit it, not because of the server itself. This is a point that I feel needs to be reiterated several times, as it's a concept that seems to be easily forgotten.

If you don't like the current state of Aegwynn, I implore you, do something about it rather than complain on the server forums. Personally, I feel a huge problem on this server is that people feel pulling 15,000 DPS at this point in the expansion is acceptable, because chances are, there are people even below them. The quality of player and both the attitude and mindset that players have adapted to is ridiculous.

I hope things change in Mists of Pandaria, the competitive goals of the server as a whole need to flourish. Guild leaders, have high standards. Push your raiders to always show up on time, and to do their research outside of the game to become a better player. This is not a hardcore approach, this is to minimize the time wasted as you continuously wipe to enrage timers and people who can't be bothered to not stand in fire.

There is nothing unique about Aegwynn that prevents you from competing against players on other servers. Transferring to another server will not make you a better player, it merely puts you into a larger pool of fish to be chosen from. So, why not be a better player on Aegwynn? Push your fellow raid members to become better, more successful raiders. Trust me, the experience is far greater than being carried by a 6/8 group.

If you're a quality player and currently not doing anything, organize pick up groups in trade chat. See what you can do. Raid with a guild that is "below your expectations". Be the best player in that group, and encourage people to do compete with you. HELP this server and your fellow Aegwynn-ites, don't abandon it and blame the server for it's shortcomings.
I'll summerize this "The supreme high overlordess synapse is back and with her comes an army of followers"
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I know I used a couple of words over your letter limitation, Queen Synapse. Would you like me to paraphrase? ;D
Edited by Claw on 3/10/2012 1:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
03/10/2012 01:08 AMPosted by Claw
I know I used a couple of words over your letter limitation, Queen Synapse. Would you like me to paraphrase? ;D
No need lesser being the supreme high overlordess understood exactly what you meant and adjusted your post to show it.
Edited by Synapse on 3/10/2012 1:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Still paying 6-7k for queens' garnets worst server ever
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
WaR
03/10/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Stargazer
Still paying 6-7k for queens' garnets worst server ever

its like that on Vek'Nilash as well on the horde side which is pathetic in numbers. you can fire off a cannon and not hit anyone.

but on that server you have lots of bots , farmers, and scammers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
03/10/2012 01:34 AMPosted by Synapse
No need lesser being the supreme high overlordess understood exactly what you meant and adjusted your post to show it.

Teh land shark says "RAWR" Snyapse
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I play on Aegwynn and to be honest... I think it is the most dead, boring server out there with low population and nothing to do...

Any suggestions as to what servers are "Live" and full of pvpers, pvers, strong economy, and lots of events?

Play with people you have fun with and maybe it wouldn't seem as "boring"

give it try :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
There is nothing unique about Aegwynn that prevents you from competing against players on other servers. Transferring to another server will not make you a better player, it merely puts you into a larger pool of fish to be chosen from.

Just a note - This is horse$hit. Transferring to another server that has more and better players WILL make you a better player because you are going to be learning on a level equivalent to those teaching you.

Example: I pvp and trying to pvp against saps and !@#$% I'm only ever going to be one step above that. If I'm pvping against elite players it will(unless I truly suck) vastly improve my game because I'm going to be learning based on fighting them instead of idiots. Granted it won't happen overnight, but this is how you learn.

Would you be a better fighter if Chuck Norris were your sparring partner and teacher or Rosie O'Donnell? - Just sayin'
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
My comment was more from a PvE standpoint, though this game is not hard, in either a PvE view or a PvP view. Obviously, there are exceptions (just like everything) such as top-end raiding and gladiator-level PvP, but there's nothing exceptionally tactical about this game.

Obviously dueling 2800 players will allow you to adapt to new tactics quicker than if you're dueling 1400 players on Aegwynn, but it's nothing you can't learn from just premeditating what other classes are capable of and adjusting accordingly.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I hear Aegwynn has lots of dem white womenz..
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Where the white women at?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Claw I love your post and agree completely...on principal. As much camaraderie as I felt while playing on Aegwynn with friends and guildmates, the server xfer option is just far too convenient. Sure we could sink a bunch of time into trying to make Aegwynn better, possibly have some success, or just pay the 25 bucks and have a much better experience. I loved Aegwynn but transferring was more than worth it
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
claw, then what was the purpose with the transfer of sirius to kelthuzad?
Edited by Axefuy on 3/12/2012 12:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
53 Night Elf Druid
A big !@#$ wanted them to transfer! Plus, i think they are coming back.
Reply Quote
53 Night Elf Druid
OH ETCHI! MI AMOR
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]