Returning to WoW. Scroll of Resurrection ?s

48 Troll Shaman
I would like to come back to WoW and even have a time card I could use to subscribe right now, but I wanted to take advantage of the SoR advantages that are being offered.

My issue is that I have no friends that play anymore that I know of. Is it possible to get the Lvl boost and stuff WITHOUT a friend? I'd love to come back (especially for the expansion) but I doubt I will if I can't take advantage of this. Why should I be penalized for all my friends quitting? I mean I qualify perfectly for the SoR, so....

Also, say i found someone to send me a scroll (or If I could somehow do it myself), could I make a new (different class) character and boost that one to 80 rather than my main which I am quite bored of? (ie. why I quit originally.)

I would really love to know if it's possible... If so, I'll probably resubscribe tonight or tomorrow... If not, I'm not sure I will.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warlock
All you need is someone who has a free invite. You give them your RealID or The exact Character and Realm to send the invite to
Reply Quote
48 Troll Shaman
Right, but how do I go about it? Do I resub, make a new character of the class I want to play, then have someone send me the scroll?

Or can I even make a new character and get it? I don't want my main to goto 80 because I am sickly bored of my main (hence why I quit in the first place).
I want to play something different.. Is it possible? I would have them send it one of my alts of the class i'd like, but I think i'd like to try a new race since I'll have Cata then..

I don't quite understand. If I resub, won't I be ineligible for it? So confused....
Edited by Nakojj on 3/7/2012 6:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
82 Human Warlock
Step 1. Make friend who has invite to spare
Step 2. Have them send the invite to you
Step 3. Check your Email for the invite
Step 4. Follow on screen instruction towards SoR process
Step 5. Profit
Step 6. Friend Profit
Edited by Lyamrider on 3/7/2012 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
do not resub until after you accept the 7 days time or you will not be eligible for the promotion. you can make a new character after you accept the SoR invite then boost it to 80 through your battle.net account page.

I highly recommend that you read the FAQ before you do it so that you do not make any mistakes.
Edited by Ravinus on 3/7/2012 6:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
50 Tauren Druid
Right, but how do I go about it? Do I resub, make a new character of the class I want to play, then have someone send me the scroll?

Or can I even make a new character and get it? I don't want my main to goto 80 because I am sickly bored of my main (hence why I quit in the first place).
I want to play something different.. Is it possible? I would have them send it one of my alts of the class i'd like, but I think i'd like to try a new race since I'll have Cata then..

I don't quite understand. If I resub, won't I be ineligible for it? So confused....

If you can wait until tomorrow I will send you an invite..
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I can send you one right now if you like. All my friends already play.
Reply Quote
48 Troll Shaman
Uh, I've read alot of people saying the 7 day trial disbars you from it since its no longer inactive. I am not doing that.

And well sure, does anyone have a spare invite perhaps??
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Mage
im having a problem with my acc for some reason i cant accept the scroll i have the first battle chest set install and im lvl 70 but it wont let me accept it
Reply Quote
48 Troll Shaman
I'd really appreciate that Pailamaha or Sylaurel!!

Right now I am just looking through trying to figure out how the sending work, because I'd rather have it send to an alt of mine instead of my boring main if it can only be sent to a character. I just want to play a new class haha..

But i've still got to reinstall the client and such too, so there is no rush. But I'd be grateful to either of you willing to help me like that.

Edit: Also, whoever does help me out won't have to wait for their mount. I have a new game card that I've yet to use as well.
Edited by Nakojj on 3/7/2012 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
The sending works out quite easily. All I or someone else needs to have is your email address and we send you the scroll. Then you will get the Scroll in your email. You click on the link and activate the Scroll.

Next is the part of your benefits. If you already have a low level you want to level then just log into your BNet and level bump that toon. If not just create a new level one toon. Log out, got to BNet and then bump the character
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Mage
well its not letting me i tried it on 2 diff accounts and both fail so its somethin wrong
Reply Quote
48 Troll Shaman
Awesome Sylaurel. Can I pm you my email address? I'm going to have to clear some space on my HD and reinstall the client and stuff but I should be resubbed by tomo evening so you can get your mount for helping me out..

Edit: Ok I forgot that there is no PM system (that or I can't find it) so if you would, just email *************
Edited by Nakojj on 3/7/2012 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
trying to think the best way to have you PM me. Do you happen to have SC2 which you can log in?
Reply Quote
48 Troll Shaman
unfortunately not. I posted my email above in an edit. let me know once you've wrote it down or sent it so I can remove it please =)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I sent you a Scroll of Resurrection from this toon, Nakojj. Feel free to accept someone elses though... It's always good to have backups :)
Reply Quote
48 Troll Shaman
Thanks guys! I appreciate all of the help.

I remember now why I loved the community so much.. There may be !@#$%^-s peppered throughout it, but there are many nice folks here, unlike in some other mmo communities.

EDIT: Also, how long should the Email take to arrive? Just concerned as I didn't even receive Blizz's 7 day free trial email and am somewhat worried I may not receive the SoR email...
Edited by Nakojj on 3/7/2012 7:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
By the amount of scrolls being sent it can be a bit. The system is backed up. Check your junk/spam mail folder as well
Edited by Sylaurel on 3/7/2012 7:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
50 Tauren Druid
03/07/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Nakojj
EDIT: Also, how long should the Email take to arrive? Just concerned as I didn't even receive Blizz's 7 day free trial email and am somewhat worried I may not receive the SoR email...

You should receive it.

As long as you don't claim the 7 free days, you should be eligible for the SoR, keep checking the Refferals and Rewards tab on the account management website.
Reply Quote
48 Troll Shaman
Alright, so is it going to my actual email or to my account page? I know that sounds stupid but all these conflicting suggestions confuse me. But thanks guys =)

And thank god I didn't take the 7 day free trial like someone told me too. If I was less of a man i'd report them for malevolent behavior. I mean what kind of *%@! tells someone asking for help to do the opposite in an attempt to screw them over? So mean spirited...

EDIT: Nvm, I received it! Thanks again for all the help guys!
Edited by Nakojj on 3/7/2012 7:59 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]