Hail's Guide to Sub PvE (5.4)

You posted the stat weights twice I think
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I love subtlety and all, but without the cleave it's just a little less than combat in my book. I PvE and PvP so I need one main spec. So for fights like warmaster is it incredibly detrimental?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Vex
03/09/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Stardoll
You posted the stat weights twice I think

Yeawh I am still formatting, so that is probably where I left off.

03/09/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Homicidal
So for fights like warmaster is it incredibly detrimental?

Heroic Warmaster, yeah combat is way better. That said you can use all specs on normal even Ultraxion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
That said you can use all specs on normal even Ultraxion.

Did they fix it? You can now backstab him in the face?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Vex
03/12/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Homicidal

No, you will lose a lot of DPS by playing sub. If you wanna do Ultra as sub, use something like this build:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcuZ0hZbGcckuuRG:Mmko

I'm not actually sure about the best placement of the secondary talents in the Assassination tree (pretty sure for Hemo-builds with most gear sets 3/3 Precision is best, rest in Assassination), but I think that is either right or very close to being right. Check Shadowcraft for the best answer.

All I meant was that the DPS loss from playing sub isn't all that critical on normal, especially since you will take lots of AoE reduction so you can make the excuse that you are being nice to healers.
Reply Quote
61 Undead Rogue
Where be Caera?

On a side note, thanks for the new guide. :D
Edited by Odyssy on 3/12/2012 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
03/12/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Haileaus

No, you will lose a lot of DPS by playing sub. If you wanna do Ultra as sub, use something like this build:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcuZ0hZbGcckuuRG:Mmko

I'm not actually sure about the best placement of the secondary talents in the Assassination tree (pretty sure for Hemo-builds with most gear sets 3/3 Precision is best, rest in Assassination), but I think that is either right or very close to being right. Check Shadowcraft for the best answer.

All I meant was that the DPS loss from playing sub isn't all that critical on normal, especially since you will take lots of AoE reduction so you can make the excuse that you are being nice to healers.
I'd say SC the difference between filling out Ruthlessness vs. Precision on an individual basis, but otherwise I agree on that spec. The lose definitely isn't quite as hard-felt on normal like it would be on heroic. I still wouldn't recommend it.

Where be Caera?

On a side note, thanks for the new guide. :D
Ask and ye shall receive.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Vex
Thanks everyone and hi and stuff but lemme just reiterate....

This is very much in progress. Until the tag is removed, please use my stickied guide if you have any questions:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089279145
This means unless you have something to tell me about the guide itself (such as typos or suggestions) please do not post here!

It isn't a big deal, although I would rather have all of the questions and stuff in the sticky.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Vex
Yo thanks for holding off, I now feel that this guide is good enough to be read over my stickied one, so go ahead and post away!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Now, where's that magic button we can press to make one thread replace another?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Vex
Presumably if this thread is voted sticky enough to catch Bliz's attention it will replace my old one in the next round of stickies. That or they will just see it and decide to trust that this is at least as worthy of a sticky and promote it.

Basically you all should vote this sticky :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Vex
I started compiling the MoP changes in the "The Latest Patchwerk" section. It is not done, I will repost when all of the info is in, though it will be a while since I am on spring break until the end of this week :)

Also, please vote this sticky :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Vex
Added a bunch more information about ability and talent changes. I will try to pull everything together as far as rotation changes go when I have time to properly test the spec on the Beta. Sorry for the long delay.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Vex
Hey all I hate saying this but please vote this sticky! It is seriously so much better than my other guide and I just saw someone else got a sticky (btw grats it was well deserved) meaning this doesn't have enough votes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
CLOAKED VOTED FOR A STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guide taught Cloaked things, and seeing how Cloaked already knows everything, that's AMAZING!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Vex
Yes I hear you are the best rogue in all respects everywhere including in Oceana. Btw where is Oceana?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
04/24/2012 08:29 AMPosted by Haileaus
Yes I hear you are the best rogue in all respects
This is quite true! Cloaked doesn't like to brag, but Cloaked is simply the best.

04/24/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Gyroscope
Thats what were trying to find out!
Cloaked will put you in charge of- oh wait

04/24/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Gyroscope
ITS A STICKY!
Cloaked is bitter and jealous!

STICKY CLOAKED'S GUIDE, DAGNABBIT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I am seriously impressed by how quickly the moderators did this. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]