Color of parchment behind quest text

60 Tauren Druid
I was working on the quest line that ends with "The Grand Tablet". The color of the parchment was more of a golden color then it normally is. What does this different coloring mean? I've also seen gray/blue on an alt before.

I've included a link to this particular quest below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/greenhome27/6807930168/
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
It is just a bit of RP. Rather than talking to a person as with most quests, you are reading writings on the tablet, so they make the background look tablet-y (?) instead of the usual dialog window.

They aren't completely consistent with it but often if a quest is given or ends with an object rather than a person you will see a different-looking window.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Basically, it suggests that the quest text is printed on something other than parchment. In this case, it mostly is just meant to be on a gold surface. Before Cataclysm shook things up, there were a few quests in the Old World that came from various objects or whatnot that gave you a different quest background. One that immediately comes to mind was a quest based in the Sepulcher, printed onto an old gravestone. The background there was granite instead of the normal parchment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]