"Tent-In-A-Box..........Part Two........."

100 Dwarf Paladin
I fully support this idea. With MoP trying to bring the world back in World of Warcraft now would probably be the best time to implement this.
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
This would be so cool! You could even have new craft items for your camp like beaded curtains made by jewel crafters rugs made by cloth crafters and so on. Cretin items would then give you different buffs making each camp a little different.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
03/18/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Shevanix
I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!

03/18/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Bobfnsaget
This would be so cool! You could even have new craft items for your camp like beaded curtains made by jewel crafters rugs made by cloth crafters and so on. Cretin items would then give you different buffs making each camp a little different.
03/18/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Alecthegreat
I fully support this idea. With MoP trying to bring the world back in World of Warcraft now would probably be the best time to implement this.

"Welcome to the circle."
/Big Smile
Edited by Cyndilou on 3/19/2012 5:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
"I am still wondering if we should try for different sizes, or settle on one."
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
size of the tents should increase as your skill goes up! there could be daily quest to gather better materials and you could craft quicker if your camped. like i said on the other page like a small bank would rock give you like 2 bag slots but you have to be camped to use it so many ideas!!!! Blizzard needs to do this!!!!!!!!
Edited by Bobfnsaget on 4/12/2012 12:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
I think I'd love this idea. I could see raiders hanging out waiting for people.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
03/19/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Bobfnsaget
size of the tents should increase as your skill goes up! there could be daily quest to gather better materials and you could craft quicker if your camped. like i said on the other page like a small bank would kick !@# give you like 2 bag slots but you have to be camped to use it so many ideas!!!! Blizzard needs to do this!!!!!!!!

"If it takes a profession to make them, will they be available for everyone still?"
03/19/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Kurisuto
I think I'd love this idea. I could see raiders hanging out waiting for people.

"Many have said that too. I love the idea."
/smile
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
It would have to be a kin to cooking with diffrent recipies for diffrent tens woods fabrics and skins from diffrent regions used in the building of your tent could offer diffrent buffs making it very easy to customize your camp. lowwer levels could start off with a bed roll move up to a pup tent and then a real tent then they could buy diffrent items accordding to their need and proffession while not changeing every camp drasticly it would offer a way to make it your own.This is an AWESUM idea and I am so glad to meet a group that supports this!!!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
It would have to be a kin to cooking with different recipes for different tens woods fabrics and skins from different regions used in the building of your tent could offer different buffs making it very easy to customize your camp. lower levels could start off with a bed roll move up to a pup tent and then a real tent then they could buy different items according to their need and profession while not changing every camp drastically it would offer a way to make it your own.This is an AWESOME idea and I am so glad to meet a group that supports this!!!

"I really like that plan."
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
Yes I find myself thinking about it from time to time I discussed it with my wife and she really liked the idea too. (We are both hopelessly addicted to Wow) and this would add one more way to make it more realistic. Plus it could open up some cool achievements if you get so many people to set up camp it could be called the hobo hideaway or shanty town achievement silly I know you could also get achievements for pitching your tent so many times spending so much time in the wilds without going into a town there are many many other way they could go with this. Lets march down to Blizzard and tell em whats up!!!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
"Or 'Most Remote Place To camp Achievement'."
/smile
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I know I want one !
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
03/21/2012 06:01 AMPosted by Barbenoire
I know I want one !

"What size a tent do you want to see made?"
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
Look at the npc tents nothing too fancy its not like people are really gonna be taking naps in the thing different shapes ans sizes for dwarfs gnomes and humans or orcs bloodevlvs ans goblins oh my but any customization would be in adding small thing they could even have recopies for different chairs chests and tables. a flag pole for your guild tabbard or for rep with what ever city.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
03/22/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Bobfnsaget
Look at the npc tents nothing too fancy its not like people are really gonna be taking naps in the thing different shapes ans sizes for dwarfs gnomes and humans or orcs bloodevlvs ans goblins oh my but any customization would be in adding small thing they could even have recopies for different chairs chests and tables. a flag pole for your guild tabbard or for rep with what ever city.

"More good ideas."
/smile
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
Hello tent folk!! I was reading earlier post on this thread and thinking about the login and out possistion of your tent thing. Easy enuff on the off chance there is someone that picks your exact spot out of the entire world of Warcraft to pitch thier tent then it would just move you to the next open spot right next door. Think of when you are putting out fires for halloween but with auto aim you would just have a green marker for a spot that allows camping and a red if you cant camp there or if your too close to someone else's camp it would do this when you logon you can control it every other time.

P.S.
They could even make an event of it somehow like let's go camping day once a year give out simple prizes and cool stuff for your camp! This would and encourage people to camp!
Edited by Bobfnsaget on 3/23/2012 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
*walks back in the thread* Hello again friends!
I am glad to see that this forum is still pretty active, despite the circumstances with all the new threads about Mists of Pandaria rolling off the presses every minute.
Anyways,
I have been watching The Yogscast recently, and they have been doing videos on alot of MMO's lately, including Diablo III and Mists of Pandaria. In one of their video series they show a game that is based in Korea where players have accesibility to a whole world to be able to build objects, such as houses, castles, boats, farms, and whatnot. Now, I do know that this thread is NOT, and I repeat, NOT about the housing issue, but in this video series, it shows that there are boundaries that do not let players place their buildings near other players buildings. Also, they dont just buy and place, they have alot of work to do for building just a small house. Im not sure if I can post the name of the game because of blizzard forum rules, but I do think that this boundary feature could go over well with the devs if they decide to research into this.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Hello tent folk!! I was reading earlier post on this thread and thinking about the login and out possistion of your tent thing. Easy enuff on the off chance there is someone that picks your exact spot out of the entire world of Warcraft to pitch thier tent then it would just move you to the next open spot right next door. Think of when you are putting out fires for halloween but with auto aim you would just have a green marker for a spot that allows camping and a red if you cant camp there or if your too close to someone else's camp it would do this when you logon you can control it every other time.

P.S.
They could even make an event of it somehow like let's go camping day once a year give out simple prizes and cool stuff for your camp! This would and encourage people to camp!

"Excellent thoughts! Exactly the kind of thinking this idea needs."
/Big Smile
*walks back in the thread* Hello again friends!
I am glad to see that this forum is still pretty active, despite the circumstances with all the new threads about Mists of Pandaria rolling off the presses every minute.
Anyways,
I have been watching The Yogscast recently, and they have been doing videos on alot of MMO's lately, including Diablo III and Mists of Pandaria. In one of their video series they show a game that is based in Korea where players have accesibility to a whole world to be able to build objects, such as houses, castles, boats, farms, and whatnot. Now, I do know that this thread is NOT, and I repeat, NOT about the housing issue, but in this video series, it shows that there are boundaries that do not let players place their buildings near other players buildings. Also, they dont just buy and place, they have alot of work to do for building just a small house. Im not sure if I can post the name of the game because of blizzard forum rules, but I do think that this boundary feature could go over well with the devs if they decide to research into this.

"Thank you very much, for adding that information. That could help us a lot."
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Do it blizz! I've been asking for this for years.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]