Warlock Leveling Spec for Dungeon Only

85 Undead Priest
Hi guys,

I know this has probably been asked a few times but I struggled to find a relavent post that applies to the latest patch and changes to the warlock class.

I am leveling via 3x XP from RAF and will be spending majority of my time in dungeons to around lvl 70+ I wouild say.

What would be the best spec for this situation? Im presuming either Destro or Demo but I am not sure. Would anybody be so kind as to elighten me and with a mapped out tree also please?
Reply Quote
Demo, afk aoe every dungeon, NP.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Lol I have 1 AoE spell and mobs are not big enough in these low lvls dungeons to warrant excessive AoE. Also AoE does not suit my gameplay style. Doing lots of AoE to top DPS charts does not make you a good player nor does it teach you how to play your class properly
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
03/11/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Zxii
Doing lots of AoE to top DPS charts does not make you a good player nor does it teach you how to play your class properly

Neither does doing dungeons with 4 other players from level 1-85.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
03/11/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Conradical
Doing lots of AoE to top DPS charts does not make you a good player nor does it teach you how to play your class properly

Neither does doing dungeons with 4 other players from level 1-85.

Given that the majority of time is spend doing dungeons at lvl 85 I would much rather have had the experience and learnt how to play my class in dungeon environments against small -> large mobs and boss fights. Questing all the way to 85 and then jumping into dungeons will not make for a pretty sight
Reply Quote
03/11/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Zxii
Lol I have 1 AoE spell and mobs are not big enough in these low lvls dungeons to warrant excessive AoE. Also AoE does not suit my gameplay style. Doing lots of AoE to top DPS charts does not make you a good player nor does it teach you how to play your class properly

pfft !@#$ that %^-*.

Go demo, afk AoE dungeons.

Worry about rotations when you hit 85, you won't have all your !@#$ until then anyway.

03/11/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Freohr
Leveling dungeons are absolutely awful for teaching you your class. Nothing lasts more than a few seconds anyway.
Edited by Sango on 3/11/2012 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Leveling dungeons are absolutely awful for teaching you your class. Nothing lasts more than a few seconds anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Clearly, you want to play destruction.

You're brash, have a disregard for the concept of aoe and a lust for single target superiority.

Destruction can help you.

In all seriousness though, Demonology is very good for topping the meters but you don't come close to learning the rotation at low levels simply because most bosses don't last long enough. Destruction, on the beautifully muscular other hand, can perform amazingly because you can pull off decent burst with it. Biggest thing to remember is to use Soul Fire as filler instead of shadowbolt, only replace it with incinerate when you get it, Shadowbolt gets next to no benefits from most of your talents and a shadowbolt filler rotation deals less than a Soul Fire one. Not to mention it gets a huge bonus out of using soulburn, you rip through mobs easily and, unlike the other two specs, you can kill those pesky ranged mobs without your pet running in and aggroing more - self healing any damage through Soul Leech :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Destro--Soul Fire for Imp Soul Fire buff, Rain of Fire 3+ mobs, Searing Pain if there's no mob over 25% health, Soul Fire else.

Leveling a lock myself, and I am bored stiff, because that is the only way I can be competitive on lolmeters. But I haven't tried AFK AE Demo. And I'm only 45 yet.

I tried Aff, but unless the tank is excellent and dedicated to chain-pulling, it doesn't compete.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]