No more pre-mades in Random BGs

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Come on Blizz, think about it. There will always be people creating new characters and joining the game for the first time. Having pre-mades in randoms, is making it hard for people to gear up and causing alot of frustration due to the loss of the BG.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
It locks out playing with friends in a casual environment. Friends can Q up for LFD or LFR all the same. What would be your solution or response to those people?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
03/13/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Digerati
It locks out playing with friends in a casual environment. Friends can Q up for LFD or LFR all the same. What would be your solution or response to those people?

Putting premades in thier own queue would fix the issue. 3 or more people join as a team, they get put in the premade queue. Yeah, the queue would probably be longer, but if its more importanat to yout o play with friends, then deal with the longer queue. Youw ant fast queues, queue solo or with 1 buddy.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Arenas != Battleground style of play.

RBGs require 10 people.

So both are still significantly different from random BGs. Honestly, the five person cap is a decent idea for random BGs. The problem is the ability to circumvent it with the AV Preform Enabler Mod.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
03/13/2012 03:22 AMPosted by Casine
Putting premades in thier own queue would fix the issue. 3 or more people join as a team, they get put in the premade queue. Yeah, the queue would probably be longer, but if its more importanat to yout o play with friends, then deal with the longer queue. Youw ant fast queues, queue solo or with 1 buddy.

The system in place already attempts to group premades in the same queues from my understanding, just not at the expense of a huge wait time.

Imagine if you got your way and premades of three or more could ONLY be grouped against each other, so you've got several groups of three to five people in the queue at any given time. Trying to fit these into a full match of any bg would be like some kind of horrible Tetris. It would take more than "a little longer", since they couldn't just pull one or two soloers here and there to fill the queue. And there would be no way to try to amend your group size in order to get a faster queue because you have no idea what the other group sizes in the queue would be.

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Is the objection to people who attempt to evade the limit on the size of premades, by simultaneous queuing? If so, Blizzard could try to break such groupings, for example by abandoning FIFO queuing for BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I hate it too, but sometimes i do the same so no..it is ok
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Rbgs take lots of communication for both sides and offer more competitive game play. Queuing with 4 other friends in randoms is a direct counter to the vast amounts of retards out there today, and there is a lot! I'd rather play with 4 friend and win, then 9-14 retards and pull what little hair I have left on my head out.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

RBGs require 10 people.

So both are still significantly different from random BGs. Honestly, the five person cap is a decent idea for random BGs. The problem is the ability to circumvent it with the AV Preform Enabler Mod.

Yeah, that's the problem I see with splitting the Q. It doesn't stop Preform AV.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

RBGs require 10 people.

Yeah, that's the problem I see with splitting the Q. It doesn't stop Preform AV.

Can't wait until they break it again.
Reply Quote
39 Draenei Hunter
Ali
03/13/2012 04:54 AMPosted by Whatrudoing
The problem is the ability to circumvent it with the AV Preform Enabler Mod.

Haha. I think you have a rather simple view of this.

Preform is just the lazy (and easy) way of queueing as a group.

QQ Premades and PFA for the horde have an alternate queueing system that they have been using for years to circumvent this, without the need of an add-on.

Use vent and count people down to queueing simultaneously and you'll 90% of the time get a solid pre made.

Preform isn't the enemy here. The enemy is solo players who refuse to assist the premades. Most premades (the vast majority), are seeking fast games with fast honour. If you get into a pre made on your faction, ask what you can do to assist them.

If you verse a pre made in a BG, talk using the 1+ minute before the game starts and work together to beat them. Skilled players who use their toons can always put up a good enough fight to beat a pre made.

If you don't like versing premades, use some social skills, join a vent server and join in the fun that others are having!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
[quote="41750553078"]

If you don't like versing premades, use some social skills, join a vent server and join in the fun that others are having!

Aka add to the problem. Got it.
Reply Quote
39 Draenei Hunter
Ali
03/14/2012 02:17 AMPosted by Cear
Can't wait until they break it again.

Until they break what? Preform doesn't break any rules. It just hastens and eases the vent queueing system.

Learn to co-operate with the other people in your BG and stop being a scrub. Not the add ons or blizzards fault that you don't know how to play.
Reply Quote
39 Draenei Hunter
Ali
03/14/2012 02:36 AMPosted by Cear

Aka stop having a problem with it and make it your strength.

Or keep whining about it and having it as your weakness?

Whining sure seems to be an easier thing to do.

Whine on forums or use social skills....hmmm
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/14/2012 02:38 AMPosted by Høaxer

Aka stop having a problem with it and make it your strength.

Or keep whining about it and having it as your weakness?

Whining sure seems to be an easier thing to do.

Whine on forums or use social skills....hmmm

Considering they removed the ability to queue as more than 5 people for bgs, that's kinda breaking the rules. The only issue is, it can't be proven that it's happening. And I fail to see how I'm whining. Because I don't wanna do something that's been taken out of the game and I think it's stupid other people HAVE to have a full on premade to win anything means I'm a scrub? I'd venture to guess my win-rate in bgs had nothing to do with every other person on my team but myself. Usually I'm stuck defending. Backcapping. Flag carrying. Count on top of that that I'm a dedicated healer, full PvP gear. Yeah, I'm the cause of any loss we have and I don't help to get objectives done despite my stats stating otherwise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]